Forums Kongregate

V.O.K. - Qualifier (ends on 16/06) (locked)

104 posts

Flag Post

Welcome to the V.O.K. tourney!

My co-hosts are osanseviero and videogames518, and the spreadsheeters are currently JimmyCarlos, Blizzard2000, LouWeed, BadgeHuntersAnon, and MaistlinRajere.

And the qualifying game is:

This Is Why You’re Fat: In Sixty Seconds !

To qualify, competitors must post a score of over 1000. Note that the top scorer of this game at the end of the qualifier will get some Participation Points.
This round will end on 06/16 00:00 GMT-6

About Participation Points:

Participation Points will improve your final score on the tourney, so you should try to get as many as possible.
You can get them by:

1. Posting on the thread. Every day (not during the qualifier) you post something on the thread you’ll get a PP (this counts DAYS, not posts).
  2. Doing well on the games. Every day (not during the qualifier), the top-scorer of the current game will get a PP (days end based on the round open and closing time. Rounds begin and end at an end of day on that round).
  3. Contributing on the thread. Everyone making the tourney should give bonus PP very often to the people who are contributing with it.

You can also lose some of them if you start to be annoying, or generally hurt the course of the tourney. This should be a rare occurrence, just don’t be silly and this won’t happen to you.
There will be a very low cap of total PP, on 50, so it shouldn’t be hard to reach it.

Screenshot submission rules:

The game screen must contain your ending screen, or be alike to what is on the “screenshot examples” section below. Scores must be submitted with either a green or yellow plug, on the “today’s high scores” tab, and both your name on the list AND THE “Today” TAB should be visible. If you can’t get both together, submit two screenshots. (In case the game doesn’t have a “high scores” tab, it should be on the “Chat” tab, with your name visible on the list of people online) (Anything that doesn’t follow these rules has the potential to be reviewed and possibly rejected by the hosts/spreadsheeters.)

Screenshot examples:
Image 1
Image 2
Image 3

About cheating:

• If you think someone is cheating, screenshot the post with their score and PM me or a co-host with a link to it and an explanation of why that score is definitely cheated.
  • If we agree that the score is cheated, the poster of that score will need to explain why it isn’t cheated, and probably send video proof of it next. If it doesn’t, it will be disqualified.

If for some reason you have any doubts about anything on the tourney, post on this thread or PM a co-host, we are willing to help.

Spreadsheet .

Flag Post

i scored 23012. i win i think.

Flag Post

If you want to qualify, please submit your screenshot! :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by DaylightDies:

i scored 23012. i win i think.

Or… not (Note I am not qualifying) (Also, this score didn’t even get top 15 the last time the game was used)

After looking at my comments the last this time was used… boy did I really hate this game.

Flag Post

Not too pleased with the top guy’s name… >.<

Flag Post

Well its over 1000.

Flag Post

I loaded this up and forgot my speakers were turned up. Big mistake. The music towards the beginning was ok and a little catchy but the gameplay sfx was just disturbing.

Flag Post

I’m afraid to ask what V.O.K. stands for, just in case it stands for Nearly Impossible Challenge Event.

Flag Post

It’s a pretty silly name, actually. It has to do with the format of the tourney, not the difficulty or games or whatever.

Flag Post

I’m glad I’m not the only one curious to know what V.O.K stands for…

Flag Post

Interesting idea, having the PP. I’m curious to see how this works out. :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by BadgeHuntersAnon:

Interesting idea, having the PP. I’m curious to see how this works out. :)

I plan on posting a sentence per post along the lines of, “I’m different.” “My tourney is special.” “I’m innovative.” “This is fun.” “This should matter because it’s not a tournament on who can do the best on games.”

Flag Post
Originally posted by Luisln:

I plan on posting a sentence per post along the lines of, “I’m different.” “My tourney is special.” “I’m innovative.” “This is fun.” “This should matter because it’s not a tournament on who can do the best on games.”

Don’t worry.

1. We won’t annouce every single PP we give. Yeah, that WOULD be far too annoying.
  2. The PP cap should be reeeally easy to get to. Just get some top scores and you don’t even need to get PP for contributing.

Flag Post

Hai.

Flag Post

BHA: Invading screenshots without entering the tourney since June 2012. :)

Nice score btw :3

Flag Post

Flag Post

Am I the only one who’s noiticed something really wrong with Bestmte, x0celotx, LouWeed, and Samster’s screenshot?

Flag Post

According to VG I have to get to the finals and then fail spectacularly so he’s my qualifying post.

Although looking at the OP, this doesn’t look like it’s going to be a fun tourney at all, PP and a crap first game? Eh.

Flag Post

No way I’m getting the high score, so here’s a rather ordinary score.

I’m a bit wary of PP for “contributing” but we’ll see how it goes.

Flag Post

Low score is good, right? V.O.K. = Very Ornery Kangaroos?

Flag Post

The PPs seem interesting.

Flag Post

Comment on the PP:

I like #2 (rewarding the people who lead early in the round is something I’ve thought should be done for a while now), but #1 and #3 will just encourage spam, and we don’t need any more of the spam that’s been known to plague tournaments in the past.

And as for the qualifier deadline, the thread title says the 15th, but the countdown linked in the OP seems to indicate the 16th (at around 1:00 PM CDT/6:00 PM GMT). Which is it?

Flag Post

So we can post as many times as we want to…? If so, then ok.

EDIT: Higher score.

Flag Post

Tony, you can, but you have to include your name in the top right corner with the green plug in the screenshot. For games that don’t have the Mochi API you have to show the high score tab, too.

edit: 666th post! :3

Flag Post
Originally posted by Blizzard2000:

Tony, you can, but you have to include your name in the top right corner with the green plug in the screenshot. For games that don’t have the Mochi API you have to show the high score tab, too.

edit: 666th post! :3

Now I know :p