Forums Kongregate

V.O.K. - Game 7 (locked)

869 posts

Flag Post

Welcome to the V.O.K. tourney!

This will be a single-round tournament (plus the qualifier).
My co-hosts are osanseviero and videogames518, and the spreadsheeters are currently JimmyCarlos, Blizzard2000, LouWeed, BadgeHuntersAnon, MaistlinRajere, and BestMte.

And the seventh and last game is:

Feed the King !

This round will end on 08/01 00:00 GMT+11

About Participation Points:

Participation Points will improve your final score on the tourney, so you should try to get as many as possible.
You can get them by:

1. Posting a screenshot of a run of a game of the tourney. Every day you post some score on the thread you’ll get a PP (this counts DAYS, not posts).
  2. Doing well on the games. Every day, the top-scorer of the current game will get a PP (days end based on the round open and closing time. Rounds begin and end at an end of day on that round).

You can also lose some of them if you start to be annoying, or generally hurt the course of the tourney. This should be a rare occurrence, just don’t be silly and this won’t happen to you.
There will be a very low cap of total PP, on 40, so it shouldn’t be hard to reach it.

Screenshot submission rules:

The game screen must contain your ending screen, or be alike to what is on the “screenshot examples” section below.
Scores must be submitted with either a green or yellow plug, on the “today’s high scores” tab, and both your name on the list AND THE “Today” TAB should be visible. If you can’t get both together, submit two screenshots.
(In case the game doesn’t have a “high scores” tab, it should be on the “Chat” tab, with your name visible on the list of people online)
(Anything that doesn’t follow these rules has the potential to be reviewed and possibly rejected by the hosts/spreadsheeters.)
You may post scores of games that are not the current one, you just won’t get the daily PP for top scoring it

On Effing Hail, if your score has less than 3 digits after the comma, submit your score and screenshot Jiggmin’s leaderboard.

Screenshot example:

About the tourney scoring mechanism:

*You’ll be ranked on the tourney by your Final score.
*Your Final score is your Total score multiplied by your number of Participation Points, unless your total score is negative, in which case it’s just your Total Score.
*Your Total score is the sum of your Standardized scores on all games.
*Your Standardized score on a game is your Raw score on that game, less the Average of the scores of all competitors on that game, then divided by the Standard Deviation (SD) of the scores of all competitors on that game ((R-A)/SD) (or (A-R)/SD if you want the lowest score on a game).

On Nuclear Eagle, only City scores count. If you get only a Country score, your Raw Score will be 0.

About cheating:

*If you think someone is cheating, screenshot the post with their score and PM me or a co-host with a link to it and an explanation of why that score is definitely cheated.
*If we agree that the score is cheated, the poster of that score will need to explain why it isn’t cheated, and probably send video proof of it next. If it doesn’t, it will be disqualified.

If for some reason you have any doubts about anything on the tourney, post on this thread or PM a co-host, we are willing to help.

Spreadsheet

Lou’s Spreadsheet

Good luck!

Flag Post

Previous games:
Colourshift
High Tea
Boss Slayer
Effing Hail
Nuclear Eagle
This is the Only Level 3

Flag Post

Wooh! Good luck to everyone participating :)

Flag Post

Spreadsheet isn’t working for me for some reason. Also, what type of score are we aiming for in Colourshift?

Flag Post

Before everyone bombards you with hate about the scoring mechanism, I’ll say that I like it.

Flag Post

Never mind about the first part of my post. The spreadsheet is working again.

Flag Post

Ohgawd, this game! D:
Well, this gives me an excuse to earn the hard badge! :D

Flag Post

It’s gonna take me a while just to get a score :P

Flag Post
Originally posted by SamsterSamster:

It’s gonna take me a while just to get a score :P

You’re not alone there :P.

Flag Post

No not this game D:

Btw your screenshot example is showing the “This week” tab, which isn’t a very good example. :p

Flag Post

Meh. Prefer the colour modes.

Flag Post

Wow, can’t believe I missed that… It’s really been a while since I don’t compete… Fixed.

Flag Post

Well, the weekly tab should be acceptable too.

Flag Post

Flag Post

:/ Good luck everyone…

Flag Post

Why oh why would you choose Colourshift…
EDIT: WHAT. Why is my time on the well done screen 0.01 slower than my time on the level?

Flag Post

Wow, this is not easy.

Flag Post

Very interesting game choices.

Flag Post

Oh dear god. This is even worse than Pel!

Flag Post

Flag Post

Oh man, this is not cool.

Flag Post

I took my time.

Flag Post

>I decide to skip this tourney

>Tourney has an innovative scoring system

>First round game is Colourshift

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Flag Post

>First round game is Colourshift

Since when is that a good thing :P? I’m currently wondering how far a 1 hour score will bring me.

Flag Post