Forums Kongregate

V.O.K. - Game 7 page 32 (locked)

869 posts

Flag Post

If someone did submit a 3 day score, that would work out to 7,776,000 frames, and give everyone else a score of .33

Flag Post

Was just about to post without the score, then noticed that it finally submitted.

Flag Post
Originally posted by LouWeed:

The scores this round are irrelevant irrelephant anyway, because I’m bribing Mastlin to submit a 3-day score.

Three day score?

Flag Post
Originally posted by MaistlinRajere:

The scores this round are irrelevant irrelephant anyway, because I’m bribing Mastlin to submit a 3-day score.

Three day score?

I was just kidding. You could do me a favour and improve your colourshift score though.

Flag Post
Originally posted by MaistlinRajere:

Three day score?

I was just kidding. You could do me a favour and improve your colourshift score though.

I’ll do it later.

How many rounds are there going to be total?

Flag Post

1 round, 7 games.

Flag Post

I’m coming for you, Cirp
http://screencast.com/t/sxnu8Buxu0
EDIT:

Flag Post

Flag Post

Flag Post

A meh score.

Flag Post
Originally posted by dragonrider1234:

A meh score.

It doesn’t seem to be done on purpose… Incredibly my std went down to 0.70.

Flag Post

The PP cap was supposed to be reached by everyone who was active on the tourney, so that it wouldn’t interfere with the final standings. However it seems that the level of activity I thought people would have was a little bit too much, since almost nobody seems to be reaching the cap. So the PP cap is being reduced to 40.

Flag Post

PP

Flag Post
Originally posted by Lebossle:

The PP cap was supposed to be reached by everyone who was active on the tourney, so that it wouldn’t interfere with the final standings. However it seems that the level of activity I thought people would have was a little bit too much, since almost nobody seems to be reaching the cap. So the PP cap is being reduced to 40.

Bah.

Flag Post
Originally posted by BestMte:

A meh score.
http://i.imgur.com/MZX8M.jpg

If you use an alternative scoring calculation where you replace the mean with the median (including in the calculation of the std dev), it’s impossible for the outliers to affect everyone eles’e score by that much. Of course it all falls over when you start to use it for the Nuclear Eagle scores. On the whole though, the median is a far more practical average than the mean.

Flag Post

PP.

Flag Post

A meh score.
http://i.imgur.com/MZX8M.jpg

If you use an alternative scoring calculation where you replace the mean with the median (including the calculation of the std dev), it’s impossible for the outliers to affect everyone eles’e score by that much. Of course it all falls over when you start to use it for the Nuclear Eagle scores. On the whole though, the median is a far more practical average than the mean.

NE affects too much the tournament this way…

Flag Post

If you use an alternative scoring calculation where you replace the mean with the median (including in the calculation of the std dev), it’s impossible for the outliers to affect everyone eles’e score by that much. Of course it all falls over when you start to use it for the Nuclear Eagle scores. On the whole though, the median is a far more practical average than the mean.

Hint hint hint: the average doesn’t affect the rankings, only the scores.

Noticed that this week. As I probably already said, I got this formula from the local best college selection (the “Vestibular”. Yeah.) The average matters there because it uses harmonic average of the standardized scores, not arithmetic average, but I didn’t notice that it actually didn’t matter here.

(Yes, harmonic average is messed pretty badly with negatives. That’s why the std. score on the Vestibular is (score-average)*100/SD+500)

EDIT: Oh, just noticed: it can affect the rankings, but only for the people who don’t post on every game.

Flag Post

My scores aren’t submitting to the leaderboards :(

Well, PP.

Flag Post

Flag Post

PP

Flag Post

For PP.

Flag Post

Where the hell can I scrape 10 more seconds from? I feel like there’s still something I haven’t figured out yet…

Flag Post

Where the hell can I scrape 10 more seconds from? I feel like there’s still something I haven’t figured out yet…

You can find those 10 seconds in the same place where I will find 1 million points for NE.

Flag Post

http://i.imgur.com/4Xp3Q.png

You can find those 10 seconds in the same place where I will find 1 million points for NE.

Yeah? Well I posted a video that shows you where 2/3 of that million is, hows about a vid showing where 2/3 of those 10 seconds are?