Forums Kongregate

Kongregate Tournament Sign-Ups & Directory (New management!) page 2 (locked)

121 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:
Originally posted by LouWeed:
Originally posted by SamsterSamster:

ExiledGentleman has left :’(

Again? For how long this time?

Permanently, I believe.

maybe he lost the will to host a tourney?

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:

Permanently, I believe.

PERMANENTLY?! My best friend left permanently?! What reason?

Flag Post

“5ever” apparently.

Flag Post

I assume 5ever is longer than 4ever.

Flag Post

So, I just got a message back from zakid. He can’t do his tournament in the immediate future. I’m not totally sure at the moment whether I’ll be able to do mine in August (I should know in the near future whether certain real life commitments will interfere), although I’ll definitely be ready to go by the start of September. I just sent a message to Ikara, and am waiting to hear if he wants to switch positions.

I think it would be a good idea for anyone within five or so places of the current tournament to check in on this thread periodically, especially regarding availability. The time between sign-up and actually hosting is long enough that a lot of people tend to disappear in the interim, so anyone even close to the top should be aware that those next in line might not actually be around.

I’ll also use this post to request that anyone who might be interested in co-hosting/spreadsheeting/whatever contact me via PM. I’m particularly interested in anyone with spreadsheet design skills, as most of my tournament will be following an unorthodox structure.

Flag Post

I also believe that Fogfun has quit Kong, though I’m not that sure. In case needed, I can gather my competition together in a matter of days, so totally if needed, I would be mostly ready.

Flag Post

All noted, updates are being made. New updates are in bold.

eProdigy, you’re added to the list.

Flag Post
Originally posted by hiperson134:

All noted, updates are being made. New updates are in bold.

eProdigy, you’re added to the list.

Thank you <3 Cheers!

Flag Post

I just thought of something. If the time ever comes for you and/or Wii to not be able to keep this updated anymore, why don’t we have an account specifically for the tournament stuff, where anyone who wants to update it can from that account, that way, threads for this won’t have to keep being made for the next person. An account for multiple people to use would make it much easier.

Flag Post

Good idea, I think. Anyone else agree?

Precarious, I will send whispers to the people who have volunteered to be spreadsheeters regarding your tournament.

Ikara has been notified about his position in line.

Fogfun and Exiled have been left whispers regarding their willingness to host. Non-responses will be understood as unwilling.

Flag Post

I like that idea.

Flag Post

Flag Post

Competitors being accepted: 100 competitors
Approximate run time: 6-7 weeks
Co-Hosts: None

Flag Post

Works for me.

Flag Post

Hello, I’d like to report a formal disqualification from my tournament, the Kongregate Olympic Games. The Round 2 Game was Edmus, and a player called fatihkutay, sent a score of 4777m putting him in first place.

However, this score was hacked. By playing Edmus, it records all runs, and by clicking “Hall of Fame” you can easily see how other people did. No run by fatihkutay got anywhere near 4777m, which is a ridiculously large score, even for Pro-Edmus players not in the tournament. (No-one reached 4777m on the day he claimed). To get that distance, you must have learnt the course, but he got the 1000m badge just about an hour before sending that score.

I do believe in giving people second chances though, so I contacted him in private after people expressed their doubts over the validity of the score. If you can score a large score in Edmus, your skill would be such that you could do it again, or at least get within 20% of your previous highscore. When asked to video a run, even of just 3000m, he appeared to get defensive and flat out refused, claiming “As I say it’s too hard and I got that score by luck, I’ll not try to get a highscore again because i know i can’t get.” I also must add that I have had 2 people question the validity of his Round 1 score, although this has never been proven or disproven. I do however guarantee for the best of my knowledge that fatihkutay was cheating in Edmus, so he is Disqualified, and if he plays in any other tournaments he should be expected to supply video evidence for every round.

EDIT: Also, on a related note, jaskaran2000 was disqualified for exactly the same reasons as above.

Flag Post

Glad to see that others like my idea :D

Flag Post

For my upcoming tourney, I MIGHT make it a teams tourney. Since there already won’t be any eliminations, no team runs the risk of not making it to the next rounds, however, each individuals scores for the team they are a part of will determine how much points they score for their team, & which ever team has the most points by the end of the tourney, wins. It works just like a solo tourney, but will have a winning team instead of 1 person.

Flag Post

Hey guys. With Jimmy’s tournament nearing its end, I’m still not sure as to my availability in the second half of August. I’d like to officially defer my spot for one tournament; I should definitely be around in September and after.

Also, please contact me if you’d like to co-host, work as a spreadsheeter, or otherwise contribute. Several people have already expressed interest, but there are still slots available!

Originally posted by videogames518:

For my upcoming tourney, I MIGHT make it a teams tourney. Since there already won’t be any eliminations, no team runs the risk of not making it to the next rounds, however, each individuals scores for the team they are a part of will determine how much points they score for their team, & which ever team has the most points by the end of the tourney, wins. It works just like a solo tourney, but will have a winning team instead of 1 person.

That sounds like a fun idea.

Flag Post

You know, I really like all the creativity, but I’m thinking that I’d like to just see a normal tourney every once in a while.

Flag Post

Hi, I’d liek to report my 3rd official Disqualification from my tournament, the Kongregate Olympic Games. (Honestly, I’m getting fed up having to write these. Stop cheating people! Just play the bloomin’ games!)

Anyways, the round was the quarter-final and the game was Sierra 7, specifically a challenge mode known as “Long Range”. The person involved is dragonologist23 , this screenshot is proof he edited a screenshot, rather than playing the game.

The calculation of this round should give 73500. The screenshot shows 75700, which is clearly wrong. He could not explain this when asked and seemed defensive. This is another screenshot he put up.

Now, without stretching or editing, just copying and pasting – here are the two red numbers put on top of each other.

As you can clearly see, the numbers don’t match up. I showed him this evidence, and he could not explain it, and refused to provide video evidence to anywhere near his best score. Therefore it is of the best of my confidence that dragonologist23 has been score editin, and my advice for him in any future tournaments is to demand video evidence in every single round.

Flag Post

So… as far as I know, my tourney is coming up next, or that’s what hiperson at least told me, so I’m looking for spreadsheeters. Anyone interested in helping me, throw me with a PM.

Flag Post

Jimmy, hacking =/= editing screenshots. And dragonologist’s second screenshot was a copy of my score.

Also, I’ll be a spreadsheeter Bluji.

Flag Post

Jimmy, hacking =/= editing screenshots. And dragonologist’s second screenshot was a copy of my score.

Agreed. Definitely a mistake, changing text now.

Flag Post

Wow, I can’t believe it’s reasonably close to me starting again. I have nothing planned yet >.<

Flag Post

Even though it says not available for both spreadsheeting/co-hosting next to my name, I’ll try to help spreadsheet or co-host.