Forums Kongregate

Kongregate Tournament Sign-Ups & Directory (New management!) page 4 (locked)

121 posts

Flag Post

Give Up Robot? Yes, please. :D Raider? Eh. RER? DEAR GOD NO!

Flag Post

All updated, burrito and samster have been notified of their locations on the list. and I’m after them.

Flag Post

Signing Up

Name of Competition: TBA 2

Number of competitors accepted: ∞

Approximate run time: 40 days, a little over or a little below

Names of co-hosts, spreadsheeters, etc.: TBA

Flag Post
Originally posted by Bluji:

Signing Up

Name of Competition: TBA 2

Number of competitors accepted: ∞

Approximate run time: 40 days, a little over or a little below

So Cirpacha is the only spreadsheeter? ;)

Flag Post

Nah, in this case it means To Be Added.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

burrito and samster are both leaning towards passing, so if they do, I’ll be the next host.

EDIT: both have confirmed they are passing. I’ll be hosting next.

Flag Post

at this rate, several people who were gunna be after me will get to host before I do. Damn poverty.

Flag Post

You know, I get the feeling that if people were forced to put a little more than what has essentially become a “reserve this place” post, that there would be fewer people who would have to pass.

Flag Post

Signing Up

Name of Competition: Kongregate Survivor Season 2

Number of competitors accepted: 16-20

Approximate run time: Around 39 days

Flag Post
Originally posted by travman301:

That’s going to be the most brutal qualifying round ever.

Flag Post
Originally posted by racefan12:

You know, I get the feeling that if people were forced to put a little more than what has essentially become a “reserve this place” post, that there would be fewer people who would have to pass.

It’s a difficult situation; most people who sign up to host tournaments are pretty active in the tournament scene at the time, but it tends to be a year or more before they actually get to host. I do agree that it would be a good idea to post some basic structure for the tournament, even if it’s just “X people are eliminated each round.”

Flag Post
Originally posted by LouWeed:

Yeah. It will be a bloodbath. I want the tourney to run with the same format that Survivor has though so I can’t have like 2 tribes of 20 or 30 people. It would never end.

Flag Post
Originally posted by LouWeed:

Yeah. It will be a bloodbath. I want the tourney to run with the same format that Survivor has though so I can’t have like 2 tribes of 20 or 30 people. It would never end.

A small tournament such as that might be better suited to the Forum Games forum. (You also get the added benefit of not having to wait months for your turn to come up.)

Flag Post

Signing Up

Name of Competition: You’ll be the best.

Number of competitors being accepted: 50-100

Approximate run time: 33 days (I think)

Names of co-hosts, spreadsheeters, etc.: Precarious (Co-Host and SSer), JimmyCarlos (SSer(I hope)), Ceasar (SSer(I hope)) and Hamuka (SSer(I hope))

Flag Post
Originally posted by T6salt:

Signing Up

Names of co-hosts, spreadsheeters, etc.: Precarious (Co-Host and SSer), JimmyCarlos (SSer(I hope)), Ceasar (SSer(I hope)) and Hamuka (SSer(I hope))

You bet I’ll be there. ;)

Flag Post
Originally posted by T6salt:

Signing Up

Sure.

Flag Post

Signing Up

Name of Competition: Battle of the elements (May change)
Number of competitors being accepted: Unlimited
Approximate run time: 5 weeks
Names of co-hosts, spreadsheeters, etc.: none yet…

Players choose one of four teams (Air, Water, Earth, Fire) based on their round 1 game of choice, there are no restrictions on how big or small the teams can be, other than the largest team will lose the most members.
The teams are whittled down until they are even in numbers, and have only the elite few remaining.
In the qualifying finals, one team is eliminated each round based on average scores, until one team is left. That team wins.
Following that, the top people in that team fight for the final spot as winner.

Flag Post

So what if 70% of the players join one team? Do the other three teams get a free ride to the finals?

(Though it would appear that this would not necessarily be a good thing if you’re trying to win, as the larger team would theoretically have the best players left for the finals—but it would be good for those players looking for a relatively good finish with little effort.)

Flag Post

I’ll probably cut it off at an extreme difference, but I want people to be able to choose a team freely.

Flag Post

Ending Competition

Name: Lousy Smarch Madness
Winner: BestMte

Here’s the final thread and the spreadsheet.

Thanks again to everyone who participated.

Flag Post

Forgive the double post, but I think I’m going to leap right back into the fray.

Signing Up

Name of Competition: The Konspiracy
Number of competitors being accepted: Unlimited
Approximate run time: 6 weeks
Names of co-hosts, spreadsheeters, etc.: TBD

Flag Post
Originally posted by hiperson134:

The Current List

The following people are in line to host a tournament.
zakid (skipped indefinitely)
Ikara (Missing?)
burrito
SamsterSamster
hiperson134
SilentSand
videogames518 (delayed until further notice)
LouWeed
Blizzard2000
Order_Venom117
uzzbuzz
JoshDragon
fdsasdf
hamuka
DragonArcherZ
eProdigy

Exactly how up to date is this list?

Flag Post

zakid, Ikara, burrito, and Samster were all skipped; hiperson is running a tournament right now—so you’re either second-in-line to host (if SilentSand takes his turn), or next-in-line (if he doesn’t).

Flag Post
Originally posted by racefan12:

zakid, Ikara, burrito, and Samster were all skipped; hiperson is running a tournament right now—so you’re either second-in-line to host (if SilentSand takes his turn), or next-in-line (if he doesn’t).

When you say ‘skipped’….? Reason I ask is, Frick ‘skipped’ his turn but then took it later.