Forums Kongregate

Private rooms are broken. page 2

33 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by IceWeaselX:

Example:
IceWeaselX*†
IslandWeaselX

IWX, I hope the symbol you chose isn’t set in stone, ’cause, that looks as if you and your alt passed away :S

In addition to what you wrote about game- and roomchats, I never understood why you can’t leave them. If I load a game with dedicated game-chat, it loads only this game-chat at first, the room-chat doesn’t connect till i click on its tab. But once it is connected too, I can’t get rid of it unless I reload the page.
I can leave a private chat room, but not a game-chat when I’m also in room-chat (or the other way around). Why not?
I also can’t set my status in room-chat on “away” to display that, being in game-chat, I’m not reading it, because then I would be “away” there too, and me typing in it would set my status back to “active”.

So I totally agree that there’s a problem, that becomes even worse once you are also in a private chat room.

However, nothing has been done to resolve the dumb situation of always having to re-invite your friends to private chat, therefore I’m not getting my hopes up that your suggestion will be implemented :-/

I only know I won’t re-buy Kong+, ’cause the only feature I liked about it, the private chatrooms, is too undeveloped.

Flag Post

There’s a script in the works for a password based auto-invite system. I can’t speak for the creator, but I think a public version is coming sooner then later; a “beta” version of sorts is being used/tested right now.

Flag Post

Yeah it is annoying. I tend to only play in short amounts at a time and when I stop I close my browser. When i come back, I’m no longer autoing back into the room. I do not like to keep my windows open if I’m going to be afk for more than a few minutes.

It could be improved. Kong+ is still not worth the price, and believe me, I would buy it if it was.

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:

There’s a script in the works for a password based auto-invite system. I can’t speak for the creator, but I think a public version is coming sooner then later; a “beta” version of sorts is being used/tested right now.

Yeah, I heard about it from the creator, we play Sacred Seasons 1 together (no comments about us being weirdos still playing that please XD).
If his script will work out, it’s a great help.
It’s pathetic though that a user can resolve an issue that Kongregate adminstration couldn’t or didn’t want to fix/improve in almost a year.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Thyrael:

Yeah, I heard about it from the creator, we play SS1 together.
It’s pathetic though that a user can resolve an issue that Kongregate adminstration couldn’t or didn’t want to fix/improve in almost a year.

Agreed.

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:
Originally posted by Thyrael:

Yeah, I heard about it from the creator, we play SS1 together.

Agreed.

That’s why Kong has teh best community eva!

Flag Post
Originally posted by Zshadow:

We get a lot of suggestions to the site, some are high priority and others not so much. We can pass this along to the product team, as private rooms could use some updates.

Bump.

It’s been over a year since this thread and nothing’s happened. I know UnknownGuardian’s script is out there now, and I imagine it’s being used quite frequently. It’s really great and works well, but it’s not – and can’t be – perfect. It’s one of those things that really should be native functionality.

Flag Post

Bump. Two years since private rooms were implemented.