Forums Kongregate

New Split Test: Activity feeds *we're back!*

202 posts

Flag Post

Tuesday June 26 12:35 pm PDT edit by tricky

Whooops! Sorry ‘bout that. We’re pretty sure it will work this time. Have a guinea pig eating a cupcake!

Friday June 22 6:00 pm PDT edit by AlisonClaire

HEY, SO! We ran into a few issues that required us to turn off the test until we get them fixed. That means, no activity feeds right now. However you feel about that news, please know that we’ll be turning them back on next week once we get bugs squashed :P Sorry for any confusion this causes, here’s a cat. http://i.imgur.com/qRPNK.jpg

I’m not sure if everyone noticed it, but when we introduced the new profiles, we mentioned that there would eventually be an additional aspect, a feed that aggregated the information of everyone you follow.

That day has arrived! Well… for half the site. :-) Keep reading to learn more:

Flag Post

Newest news on the homepage

There will be a mini-version of the activity feed on the homepage, next to the Featured Games:

Flag Post

Community Page

If you click on “see all,” you’ll be taken to a brand-new page, www.kongregate.com/community. (You can also get there via the community tab in the navigation bar.)

The top portion of the community page contains profiles of people that users might want to follow: some developers, some admins (like Greg needs more followers, right?), and some folks who made high-rated funny game comments. Below that is the activity feed on the right, and a list of forums on the left.

(Sorry some of the formatting below doesn’t line up, I needed to do several screen shots to get it all in here.)

Flag Post

Privacy and options

Don’t worry, we did hear how much people wanted more privacy options! You’re now able to control what information about you is displayed. Go here to learn more!

Flag Post

Forum access

Want to be able to get to the forums the same way as always? You still can!

Flag Post

We’re sure that there will be many bugs and suggestions that you all have. Post ‘em here so we know what’s on your mind! (Please labeling them as “bug” or “suggestion” or “comment” to help us keep things sorted out.)

As always, we already have other ideas about how we can adjust this to make it even more fun and useful, but we do want to see how it works in the real world. Gogogogo!

Flag Post

Interesting, It doesn’t look bad at all :P

By the way, on Jiggmin’s Community Spotlight: It’s Platform Racing, not Racer :)

Flag Post

Sure is facebook in here.

Flag Post

How do I change it back? I liked seeing recommended badges, and the games I last played.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Kazeodori:

How do I change it back? I liked seeing recommended badges, and the games I last played.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Kazeodori:

The recommended badges module on the homepage actually just got moved down, so that’s easy to find :) For recently played, it’s part of your “favorite games” pod on your profile or you can get there from /game (the URL is http://www.kongregate.com/accounts//recently-played)

edit: You can also get to recently played from the nav in the “games” drop down :)

Flag Post

Part of split test :)
And if there is a spotlight for developers, then I want to get notified if someone uploads a game. I hope you work on it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Taiboss:

Part of split test :)
And if there is a spotlight for developers, then I want to get notified if someone uploads a game. I hope you work on it.

Yep, that happens :D

Flag Post

On the little triangle drop down menu for feed items, ‘Add Comment’ should be an option there as well as in grey at the bottom of the feed item. (I think anyway). And why not be able to add a comment to everything, instead of just selected types of feed items?

Flag Post

You sure like to force feed. I don’t want it on my homepage, but adding a feature to DISABLE it on there didn’t cross anyone’s mind.

Flag Post

me as emperor desevers spot on community page

Flag Post

0/5 this update has NO CROWS :<

Flag Post
Originally posted by CROWjob:

0/5 this update has NO CROWS :<

or no page about me. :<

Flag Post

I didn’t want the piece of shit so I was staggered to find out it was enhanced.

Flag Post

I want my recent game list back on the homepage.

Flag Post

I have no interest in a feed full of “a person you followed to get an advantage in an online game just got a badge” messages. Any way to remove it? I liked the recently played games list (yes, I know that list is still there hidden in some submenu, but it’s easier to find on the front page).

Flag Post
Originally posted by trickyrodent:

Forum access

Want to be able to get to the forums the same way as always? You still can!

Where ‘You still can!’ means ‘well you can’t, tough’.

Flag Post

I disapprove.

Not that this post or anyone else’s matters. This is why I just went ahead and removed all my friends in advance…

God
damn
it

The whole thing where I can’t just get into the forums with an easy click on the “community” tab is horrible. I would suggest a new tab that just segregates it so no one has to click on it if you really want to have this horrible feature.

Flag Post

Giant thumbs-down on the feed for me. I come to Kong to play games, not keep tabs on who badges or whatever. Most of the folks I’ve marked as friends are developers I effectively wanted to bookmark, so I could periodically look at their profile to see what they’ve created — I don’t want daily updates on their activities. Having this in an eye-grabbing spot is an annoyance. I’d much rather see recommended badges or games highlighted here, since that’s the info I beeline for when I log in.

Flag Post

Wow, I was wondering what that horrible eyesore on the front page was! I just love having most of the top of the page being taken up by things I don’t care about!