Forums Kongregate

Point abuse

19 posts

Flag Post

I have found a possible way to gain points, thought I’d report it. When you connect with facebook, you get 25 points. You can disconnect to it and still have the points, but if you connect again you’ll receive 25 points again?

I don’t know, but some maniac might do that over and over again to earn a lot of points.

Flag Post

Points are meaningless. Why would you care if someone wastes their time on them?

Flag Post

Even if you do this, you don’t get the points again.

Flag Post

I’m guessing if the OP is level 55 that they may know what they’re talking about.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post
Originally posted by KingMinge69:
Originally posted by megadave:

I’m guessing if the OP is level 55 that they may know what they’re talking about.

Wasting your time on a flash game site doesn’t mean you’re smart.

It means you are knowledgeable about the site though.

Flag Post
Originally posted by uuu2:

It means you are knowledgeable about the site though.

Time spent on X =/= knowledge of X.

It kinda does, while yes there is some interaction needed on the user’s part, time has a big part to play on what you know about the site.

On topic, I don’t think it would work out that way, the system probably checks if you already gained the points from it, like a google a day.

Flag Post

KingMinge, search up a little about likelihoods, thanks.

This should indeed be addressed, if it is true, as it implies there is a bug. It doesn’t matter too much, though, so it won’t be high up on the list.

Flag Post

I unlinked and then relinked my account to FaceBook and didn’t get any extra points, so I suppose that he was just speculating it as a possibility, but didn’t check for himself. So no, it’s not a way to get extra points (I’m sure the administration thinks these things through thoroughly).

Flag Post
Originally posted by megadave:

Wasting your time on a flash game site doesn’t mean you’re smart. It just means you have a fuckload of free time, idiot.

No need to be so hostile about it. On topic, if you’ve found a bug, report it to support@kongregate.com.

Flag Post

I’m unable to recreate this. Has anyone been able to receive an extra 25 points?

Flag Post

I can’t even get it to connect in the first place, it seems to be loading forever.

Flag Post

It doesn’t matter. Your level only shows how obsessive you are.

Flag Post

Not really.

Flag Post

I haven’t actually tested it, sorry, should have made that clear in the first post. But if you don’t get the extra points, I suppose there’s nothing to worry about.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Xifihas:

It shows how obsessive you are to earning points, maybe. Unless you get the vast majority of your points from referrals, like jayisgames.