Forums Kongregate

get rid of bad troll games!!!

19 posts

Flag Post

someone must do something about these horrible games created by grouperfish an papercup.they are making this website look bad so someone must remove them!plz take them away.they are not even worth playing!

Flag Post

I dislike a lot of games, but unless they violate the site’s rules they should be allowed to stay on.

Flag Post

and we’ll call it wham

Flag Post

They are still technically games.

Thing is, they are pretty much out of mind until someone complains about them.

Flag Post

And the great thing is, you aren’t forced to play them. ;) I must say though, PaperCup is getting better.

Flag Post

I love PaperCup.

Flag Post

Wait? There’s garbage games out here? No wait, they’re buried under all other promoted games

Anyway, Kongregate is supposed to be mecca for all indie developers, that includes amateurs too and frankly said, Kongregate is unique for the feature that allows anyone to upload their first (and latter) games.

The good thing in this that any game may rise from its birth ashes and get a good rating. In sites like Newgrounds or Armorgames, not all developers even dare to submit their game which might have potential, not to mention qualification standards.

Just ignore the amateur games if you’d like (though, who’s going to give credit for them now if everyone would do so?) and pick out the promoted games kongretate staff and KongBot is picking for us, the players

And take a look at my first point. Garbage games are barely visible, especially when you consider how many good games there are to steal away attention from amateur games. Even if you found them, you cannot say kongregate sucks just because of them as there’s other good games out there, which by the way, were new at one time

Flag Post

How do we even get to these amateur games?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Pokerhappy:

and we’ll call it wham

wait guys i came up with something better

K-blam

Flag Post
Originally posted by EddieOwen:

Kongregate should steal NG’s blam system.

I agree with this.

A blam system would be so awesome.

Think of the benefits:
1. the average quality of game goes up
2. the community actually has a part in something on the site for the first time.
3. butthurt devs flocking to OT to complain about their bad games getting blammed.

But kong won’t do that because it would mean they wouldn’t be able to pimp out game making programs like Stencyl and then profit off of the influx of bad games.

Flag Post

papercup is the best dev on this site… period…

Flag Post

yea i like the whole whistleblower system from newgrounds, but arent very active there because kongregate is so much better designed and structurized.

but a similar whistle/blam-system would be cool

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

amen I sent Kong a message dealing with this same issue, I’m not sure if they will look into it or not, I’m guessing it’s not against the rules but it makes other true real devs. look bad. Please stop with these troll spam games, it’s not funny anymore!

Flag Post

A lot of games are being copied and modified. It’s getting extremely hard to recognise original content.

Flag Post

I agree with Darkruler.

Originally posted by Darkruler2005:

I dislike a lot of games, but unless they violate the site’s rules they should be allowed to stay on.

You may not enjoy these games, but they’re valuable because they help the developer get experience and feedback. Taking it off would just discourage new talent, and that’s not right. Besides, some people might enjoy the games anyways.

Take my old games for example. I refined them and updated them, and they’re a lot better then they used to be. If they were taken down for not being awesome the moment it came out, then that’s unfair to everyone.

Flag Post

I agree we need to get rid of stupid shitty troll games such as this. The developer obviously made it to get the D sign.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ElBandito81:

You may not enjoy these games, but they’re valuable because they help the developer get experience and feedback. Taking it off would just discourage new talent, and that’s not right. Besides, some people might enjoy the games anyways.

Take my old games for example. I refined them and updated them, and they’re a lot better then they used to be. If they were taken down for not being awesome the moment it came out, then that’s unfair to everyone.

Well, if they had a section for beginner games looking for feedback (or other testing), then that would probably satisfy both sides (assuming people actually adhered to it).

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator