Forums Kongregate

New Kongregate Version: Activity feeds for everyone!

113 posts

Flag Post

New deploy today and the biggest thing is that we have now ended our activity feeds split test. How does this affect you? Well first off, clicking the community tab will bring you to our new Community page that will show the activity feed of people you follow. The second thing is for people who follow enough people, they will see a mini activity feed on the homepage where the recommended badges used to be with the recommended badges moving down to where the recently played games used to be. Unfortunately that means the recently played games pod won’t appear on the homepage for people, but we did add a recently played games section in the games menu from our last deploy.

You can read about the decision to give everyone activity feeds and also voice your opinion on it here

For those who want to learn more about the activity feed, you can read the original post here

You can read more about these changes below or in our change logs here.

Flag Post

Users:

• Show the word connections in the profile pane when friends are online
  • Following feed for everyone

Flag Post

After rapidly skimming through the new feature for bugs, I noticed that all items can be removed except my forum notifications (Others’ can be removed without problem). In addition, when looking at actions related to grouped badges, only the possibility to unadd the user appears, without the usual “Remove item” and “Block” buttons.

Flag Post
Originally posted by MadJedi:

After rapidly skimming through the new feature for bugs, I noticed that all items can be removed except my forum notifications (Others’ can be removed without problem).

Removed from the activity feed on your profile or from the feed on the /community page?

Flag Post

Removed from the activity feed on your profile or from the feed on the /community page?

I’m talking about the new community page.

Flag Post

Do not want.

Flag Post

It seems that in addition to this thing, recently played have been replaced by badges recommend…

well… I don’t give a beep about badges, so is there a way to configure the set ups or do I need to live with this horrid change?

Flag Post

Looks like it’s finally time to change my Kongregate bookmark into a Kongregate/forums bookmark.

Flag Post

i see new at the top right on the commertary section

anything new?

Flag Post

I have to agree with deathvonduel, I used recently played much much more than any other function here. On the other hand, I couldn’t care less about which games are most played or what badges it wants to recommend to me.

Flag Post

agreed.

Flag Post

I said the same thing on the other thread, glad im not the only one who feel that way. I really want my recently played games back D:

Flag Post

Agreeing with Captain_Catface, deathvonduel, Kataphrakt, and Thorock that I don’t want this and do want recently played.

Flag Post

Recently Played > Recommended badges.

Also, why do you think I care to see what the people I “follow” are doing? They’re my friends so I can easily see when they’re in chat, not to see what badge they just earned.

But seriously, updates should make the site more convenient, and it was very convenient having the last 24 games I’ve played on the homepage.

If it weren’t so inconvenient to unfollow all of my friends, I would at this point, as I’m tired of having “Activity Feeds” jammed down my throat.

Flag Post

Not to be a grumpy old man. You kids have fun with your newfangled layouts and TwitFaceTubes. Now, if you could kindly point me to how to revert this…

Flag Post

All I’ve wanted for years is a Recently Played list. We get it. You take it away. I’ma go silently sob in a corner.

Flag Post

I’d like to whine too about “Recently Played” tab being removed.
It was much more useful for me than this facebookish activity feed.

Return “Recently Played” back please.

Flag Post

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Flag Post

wtf where is recently played omg……?!?!?!?
it was the best thing on the main site, close after that hot new games, which is already here :)

had some games i often played and had just to click one after the other, they just want i add every game to favorites, always have to go to my profile and than finally can start the game – dislike! :(

if there is a way to get it back to the main page let me know!! :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by PepsiYays:

i see new at the top right on the commertary section

anything new?

Yeah, I really like how it always says new even when there’s nothing new. It does disappear every now and then, but in a way that seems completely random.

As for the recently played games and recommended badges issue, it looks like there is room, so why not put both?

Flag Post

Please give me back the ‘recently played’ section. Both ‘recommended badges’ and this feed crap you can put where the sun don’t shine (like, for instance, the very bottom of the page. See? I’m being constructive.)

Flag Post

If I wanted insta-feed on my ‘friends’ I’d be playing Kong via Facebook. I don’t and I’m not. Way to frak up a perfectly good game site.

Flag Post
Originally posted by keks321:

wtf where is recently played omg……?!?!?!?
it was the best thing on the main site, close after that hot new games, which is already here :)

had some games i often played and had just to click one after the other, they just want i add every game to favorites, always have to go to my profile and than finally can start the game – dislike! :(

if there is a way to get it back to the main page let me know!! :)

Look at the games tab, you’ll see your two last played games and a link to see your recently played games.

Flag Post

Why is Kongregate trying to be like Twitter? Twitter isn’t a game site!

I liked how the “Recently Played” games were easily accessible. Now, they’re hidden behind a few clicks.

Why, Kongregate, WHY?!?!

Flag Post

Well I think its neat.