Forums Kongregate

New Kongregate Version: Activity feeds for everyone! page 2

113 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by joe1017:

The second thing is for people who follow enough people, they will see a mini activity feed on the homepage where the recommended badges used to be with the recommended badges moving down to where the recently played games used to be.

On a personal note I’m delighted because I don’t follow people and still have my beautiful, beloved recently played section.

But when the movement appears to be to force everyone into this strange and extremely surface-skimmy form of ‘social gaming’, isn’t it a bit daft to give an incentive to defr… ‘unfollow’, people?

Flag Post

Yeah I’m with the majority of the posts here.

I want my Recently Played Game list back gah.

Getting TV.com vibes now :(

Flag Post

1.Activity feeds is meaningless,for a new user,he don’t follow anyone and no fans,it’s won’t show any info.
for a old user follow over 100 friends or has tons fans,it’s popup too fast.
you may say you can set feed preferences,but it’s only work for you,my most friend don’t care it,they just come for play,won’t set it
still popup tons useless info on it,why I need know someone follow others?it’s crap

2.Community,what’s the most important for community?the whole interface make me think kongregate want to give up forum,and why place a community spotlight here?some even has 0 forum post +0 fans +0 game upload still can show on it?is it your site’s spotlight?

3.as deathvonduel said,bring recently played back.

In fact I personally prefer old interface,new interface don’t give any real useful info for everyone,it’s only mess up interface,even recommended badges is more better than Activity feeds

Flag Post
Originally posted by NeilSenna:

The second thing is for people who follow enough people, they will see a mini activity feed on the homepage where the recommended badges used to be with the recommended badges moving down to where the recently played games used to be.

On a personal note I’m delighted because I don’t follow people and still have my beautiful, beloved recently played section.

But when the movement appears to be to force everyone into this strange and extremely surface-skimmy form of ‘social gaming’, isn’t it a bit daft to give an incentive to defr… ‘unfollow’, people?

I get to keep recently played if I purge my friends list? I’ll make some time this week to move my friends list to an alt then.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Bilious:
Originally posted by NeilSenna:

I get to keep recently played if I purge my friends list? I’ll make some time this week to move my friends list to an alt then.

Good thing you’ve only got 91 friends then. Also, I find it funny everyone still says friends/fans. And lastly, it seems as if, even if the first round of stats said otherwise, people are doing the opposite of what Kong’s changes were for, which was friending more people and all that jazz.

Flag Post

Guys, it’s easy to get the recently played games back on your front page. Here’s a picture of mine with all the new hot games:

What you’ve got to do is just have all of your friends removed (like me), or you may even have to possibly go back in time to the beginning of all these silly updates and then remove all your friends so the silly feed never activated.

Thumbs up, Kongregate. Thanks for encouraging users to remove friends.

Thumbs up.

Flag Post

Seriously, to add my voice to the chorus of angry users, I couldn’t care less about my friends feed nor about badges recommended to me. YOU AINT THE BOSS OF ME!! But seriously, bring back recently played because that is the BEST thing (and only thing for that matter) that I actually care about on the home page. Keeps me involved in the games that I have been working on without having to search for them ad nauseum. Come on son!!

Flag Post

You know to be completely honest I doubt they will remove this foolish choice in the wrong direction. Sites very rarely listen when they put in a new feature that they think is a “good idea”. However since I doubt they will remove this super stupid feed crap they NEED to make it more customizeable. It could be so much more tolerable if I could just follow the friends I want and “mute” others. I dont want to delete anyone but having this feed being bogged down w/ friends being added is already getting old. Also as so many other people have said (as well as myself twice already) having recently played back on the home page would be incredibly preferred. I really liked it there, and I used it every time I came on, I rarely use recommended…

Flag Post

Half of the user base complained about losing recently played games when they were the wrong part of the beta, and it looks like the other half is complaining now. Funny how that works.

Flag Post

Kongregate used to be just about games that I wanted to played, and the badges were nice too.

Now Kongregate is about games and badges that OTHER people play and get.

Bring back the recently played list
Oh and get rid of that follow/unfollow terminology too

Flag Post

Sorry dream name, that doesn’t work. my activity feed is completely full of people adding ME.

suggested rally cry to increase negative feedback: use code phrase “DO NOT WANT

DO NOT WANT!

Flag Post
Originally posted by jadespider:

Sorry dream name, that doesn’t work. my activity feed is completely full of people adding ME.

suggested rally cry to increase negative feedback: use code phrase “DO NOT WANT

DO NOT WANT!

So it doesn’t work even after removing all your friends?

Flag Post

I have 4 friends, (who apparently are now called, ‘people I follow’) and my activity list consists of:
1 friend starting to follow 2 people I don’t know.
someone I don’t know following me.
we added badges to a game!
1 of my friends earned a badge.

DO NOT WANT!!!

Flag Post

I do not now, nor will I ever, follow anyone on this or any other site. Why would I want a whole page full of garbage that I do not care about at all.

Here I will take care of it all at once: To anyone that has ever or will ever get any badge, congratulations.

I do not give a rat’s behind about which game is supposedly ‘popular’. Playing a game based on its popularity rather than whether or not you actually like the game is moronic.

The only information in the whole feed worth having is what games were badged. Just because it has badges does not mean that I will play it, but a game that I have already played before it got badges may need to be logged back into to get the badges.

Here is what my activity feed shows:

techdoc48 started following DefaultFollowing.

techdoc48 Member Since: Mar. 17, 2012

Follow

Like (0)
Effing Worms 2 is popular
Play Now
Play Effing Worms 2

Ducklette and Zshadow earned badges.
Ducklette earned 3 badges

Modular by Design Badge earned Modular by Design (medium) (medium – 15 points) Glean » Complete all 6 modules Amateur Archaeologist Badge earned Amateur Archaeologist (easy) (easy – 5 points) Glean » Unearth 1 artifact Alpha Tape Arbiter Badge earned Alpha Tape Arbiter (medium) (medium – 15 points) Lab of the Dead » Discover 10 alpha tapes

8 hours ago
Congratulations! Ducklette leveled up to Level 55.

Like (8)
Ducklette is now the proud owner of the Hitting the Mother Lode badge from Glean.
Hitting the Mother Lode
Badge earned

Hitting the Mother Lode (hard – 30 points)

(hard) Complete the game and accomplish 20 total objectives

Like (0)
Shop Empire 2 is now one of Zshadow ’s favorites.
Play Shop Empire 2

Shop Empire 2
Sim
Tycoon
Business

The popular Shop Empire game sequel. With more booths, new facilities, a fun new parking system for cars and trains. But sadly also more clever thi…

Like (2)
Zshadow is following resterman.

resterman Member Since: May. 21, 2008

Follow

Like (0)
greg is now the proud owner of the Nuke for the Cure badge from Strike Force Heroes.
Nuke for the Cure
Badge earned

Nuke for the Cure (hard – 30 points)

(hard) Complete all 15 campaign missions

Like (2)
Druuna started following DefaultFollowing.

Druuna Member Since: Jul. 02, 2009

Follow

Like (0)
We added 1 badge and 1 challenge to Strike Force Heroes, for a total of 30 points
Play Now
Play Strike Force Heroes

Nuke for the Cure Badge earned Nuke for the Cure (hard – 30 points) Complete all 15 campaign missions

greg completed Death-Dealing Duty and got this sweet item!
Growth_common_2

Promotional Hard EVO

Promotional Hard EVO

Like (0)
AlisonClaire posted in the Kongregate forum.
I swear this is not adding any load time, it’s really just showing when the blank screen would be normally. For some of the bigger games, it can be a few second…

(show full post)

Like (1)
AlisonClaire now follows Rianokami.

Rianokami Member Since: Apr. 21, 2008

Follow

Like (0)
Ducklette earned 9 badges

Zombies Have Feelings Too! Badge earned Zombies Have Feelings Too! (medium) (medium – 15 points) Lab of the Dead » Discover 20 passive or 20 aggressive reactions Traction with Reactions Badge earned Traction with Reactions (easy) (easy – 5 points) Lab of the Dead » Discover any 20 reactions Sheep-Away Badge earned Sheep-Away (easy) (easy – 5 points) Gibbets 3 » Defeat the evil sheep on the level 7 bonus mission Doing the Worm Badge earned Doing the Worm (medium) (medium – 15 points) Saving the Company » Save the company Medalocalypse Badge earned Medalocalypse (medium) (medium – 15 points) Toxers » Earn 15 medals Toxer Crusader Badge earned Toxer Crusader (medium) (medium – 15 points) Toxers » Defeat Bugzilla Open Enlistment Badge earned Open Enlistment (medium) (medium – 15 points) Toxers » Unlock the full roster Fame Makes a Man Badge earned Fame Makes a Man (medium) (medium – 15 points) Valthirian Arc » Earn 3,000 fame in a single game No Student Left Behind Badge earned No Student Left Behind (easy) (easy – 5 points) Valthirian Arc » Accept 10 total students

Jul 12, 2012 11:53pm
jimgreer now follows Colafran.

Colafran Member Since: Nov. 29, 2011

Follow

Like (0)
emily_greer started following Colafran.

Colafran Member Since: Nov. 29, 2011

Follow

Like (2)
Phoenix00017 posted in the Clash of the Dragons forum.
Can you post a screenshot if you see it again? I checked the ads and the all seem to be pointing correctly to CotD.

(show full post)

Like (0)
greg played Effing Worms 2 and just earned the Get in My Belly! badge! Sweet.
Get in My Belly!
Badge earned

Get in My Belly! (medium – 15 points)

(medium) Reach a 100x combo

Like (0)
We added 2 badges and 1 challenge to Effing Worms 2, for a total of 20 points
Play Now
Play Effing Worms 2

Whisker Burger Badge earned Whisker Burger (easy – 5 points) Eat 10 cats and 10 cows Get in My Belly! Badge earned Get in My Belly! (medium – 15 points) Reach a 100x combo

We added 2 badges to Ultimate Assassin 3: Level Pack, for a total of 35 points
Play Now
Play Ultimate Assassin 3: Level Pack

Knife to Meet You Badge earned Knife to Meet You (easy – 5 points) Earn 20 achievements The Silent Killer Badge earned The Silent Killer (hard – 30 points) Earn any 200 achievements

We added 3 badges to Glean, for a total of 50 points
Play Now
Play Glean

Amateur Archaeologist Badge earned Amateur Archaeologist (easy – 5 points) Unearth 1 artifact Modular by Design Badge earned Modular by Design (medium – 15 points) Complete all 6 modules Hitting the Mother Lode Badge earned Hitting the Mother Lode (hard – 30 points) Complete the game and accomplish 20 total objectives

Phoenix00017 played Legend of the Void and just earned the Suited Up badge! Sweet.
Suited Up
Badge earned

Suited Up (easy – 5 points)

(easy) Equip a piece of armor in every non-artifact slot

Like (1)
Ducklette earned the Top Honors badge in Valthirian Arc.
Top Honors
Badge earned

Top Honors (hard – 30 points)

(hard) Complete the first year without any penalties

Like (0)

Flag Post

i hate the changes! No one cares about an activity feed (and it is at a top loctation). i what the “recently played” back. Your downgraded your site

Flag Post
Originally posted by MyDreamName:

Guys, it’s easy to get the recently played games back on your front page. Here’s a picture of mine with all the new hot games:

What you’ve got to do is just have all of your friends removed (like me), or you may even have to possibly go back in time to the beginning of all these silly updates and then remove all your friends so the silly feed never activated.

Thumbs up, Kongregate. Thanks for encouraging users to remove friends.

Thumbs up.

To be honest, it’s very tempting to do this, if it worked.

I just tried it on an alt that has never added friends or been added by anyone. It didn’t work.

Flag Post

Any chance we can get an option to minimize or remove the Activity Feed from our homepages? It gets in the way of the games imo. And I just don’t care who my followers are following or what they are commenting on games.

And can I get the “Recently Played Games” back on the main homepage?

Flag Post

Alright Kong…I think all are behind me with this…

Who cares about what they’re friend did? I’ve never EVER checked anyone’s feed, I just talk to them in chat and play some games. I used Recently Played so much to play games I was grinding on, or some game I commonly play.

I have actually never used Recommended Games tab, because those are already played/boring/top-rated.

The only one thing I ever used out of new updates was Recently Played.

Kongregate, wtf are you doing, everyone’s complaining. This is NOT what we want.

Flag Post

Also it upsets my OCD and it’s showing when my followers follow people I have muted.

Flag Post
Originally posted by WolfBrother1983:

Also it upsets my OCD and it’s showing when my followers follow people I have muted.

I can’t stop laughing at how true that prolly is XD

Flag Post

Zshadow, guess how much I want to know you earned badges in Kamikaze Pigs? Honestly, throw a guess.

Flag Post

As many others, I really really really really really REALLY want my recently played list back. Really.

Flag Post

I don’t want an activity feed. Not only do I not care about it, it’s visually unappealing.

I DO want “recently played” back. I used that feature a LOT…. “What was that game I played the other day that I really enjoyed? Oh, LOOK! There it is, right there on my home page!”

So… please… take away the ugly, useless activity feed and give me back my recently played games.

Flag Post
Originally posted by SoonerRed:

I don’t want an activity feed. Not only do I not care about it, it’s visually unappealing.

I DO want “recently played” back. I used that feature a LOT…. “What was that game I played the other day that I really enjoyed? Oh, LOOK! There it is, right there on my home page!”

So… please… take away the ugly, useless activity feed and give me back my recently played games.

This.

I guess Kong understands that we don’t like this. But they can’t change it back. No, they must Facebookify if they want to suck Gamestop’s ***’s. You know what?

Say “F*** you Gamestop, we don’t need you, we’ll find another sponsor and we’ll get rid of your shitty plans of becoming like Facebook, because that’s what players want, that’s what we want, and you can’t stop us from doing this! We, Kong’s admins, hereby exit the Gamestop network, if that’s what we need to do in order to not lose our users! UNDERSTOOD?

Do this, please. It would be heroic.

Flag Post

I have to agree with most of the other posts here. I really don’t need or would use the activity feed. But I do want the recent games feature brought back to the home page. I used the feature every day and continue to use the feature that is now a few extra clicks away. Thanks!!