Forums Kongregate

New Kongregate Version: Activity feeds for everyone! page 3

113 posts

Flag Post

For badgehunters like me, I am also +1 for recently played games. FYI this is the first post I’ve come to the forums to post in months.

Flag Post

I want recently played games back on the front page (just like everyone else…) Not only was it a couple clicks less, but you could flick through 24 games with 0 page loads. Now you have to load an entire page to view more than 15, and get the Game Spotlight, which is really an ad snuck past Kong+ seeing as only big, multiplayer games get the spot.

The activity feed is useless not only to people with few friends, but also to those of us with many – as there is an increasing number of Facebook port games which have you add hundreds of “friends” for in-game rewards. I play a bunch of those, which means my feed is constantly flashing by with thousands of updates from randoms. Thanks but no, thanks.

Flag Post
Originally posted by hiperson134:

Recently Played > Recommended badges.

this. might as well show both. I actually started using recently played games right before it got moved :(

also, in chatroom, you can already click individual follower or mutual followers for their mutual badge. some of us engage in the chatroom and only talk to handful of people, all the remaining followers none cares!

Bring back Recently played games! I am aware that you spent half a page listening games by category, and even have space for badges recommended or most played games.

I like the Hot new games. it’s where i find new papa game or new puzzle game.
for this whole time, the recommended game is unrelated to me. Just because i rated something highly it doesn’t mean I want to play another game yet. let us disable certain homepage features.

like others said, stop trying to be twitter or tumblr or whatever. i hope that kongregate is actually following the recent new facebook model that you can cut down the notifications of who you want to see. a lot of members can agree that they love to customize for what they see and access. Sure, there might have been an outrage long time ago about kong bought by gamestop. but at that time, nothing changed drastically.

EDIT:
i just found recently played games by hovering over “Game”. why not show it on homepage as well for quick access? :P

Flag Post
Originally posted by Nick9593:

I have to agree with most of the other posts here. I really don’t need or would use the activity feed. But I do want the recent games feature brought back to the home page. I used the feature every day and continue to use the feature that is now a few extra clicks away. Thanks!!

And this man made his first post on the forums since 2008, along with many. Kong, your “silent majority” excuse is getting more and more weaker.

Flag Post

It is the horror that recently played games is gone… on the homepage.
Change it back Kong, change it back.
It is a common heard remark by alot of players.
We the community demand it back…
Please hear us out Kongregate…. change recently played games back on the main site.

Flag Post

tbh, i couldn’t care less if the feed or the badge suggestion is kept as long as recently played is put back, and not on the bottom where it’s hard to access but either in its old spot or a more prominent position.
I have the ability to iggy the annoying feed, so while it might be somewhat annoying, it doesn’t hurt me
the removal of recently played DOES hurt me… so it’s a much more pressing issue than anything else.
So I’m willing to accept a compromise, you guys can keep whatever you want long as I get my godly section back.

Or….. CUSTOMIZE settings
Let players choose, if they are logged in, among say 10-15 things to put say 6 into the front page. As long as the ads section is non a optional thing, it shouldn’t hurt you.
From my limited knowledge of HTML, I do believe this is doable with just ONE templet and there is no need to make hundreds for the possible combinations. Instead, just print the title for the section and do a different query for the list of games for each respective section that is selected. Should be pretty ez, and I bet everyone will love it more.

Flag Post

I just wanted to echo basically every other comment here in the hopes that you guys will listen and give people what they want – I couldn’t care less about other people’s activity and the recently played games section is really helpful.

Flag Post

Please take it off or tell me how to do it……Hate it clogs up the whole look was much better before. Please put recently played back as well. Now that was useful.

Flag Post

It seems to me that they’re trying to attract new players (Facebook gamers etc) at the expense of the old… A personally customizable homepage would be the best solution, I think.
I have to say, though, I don’t see why the front page telling me every time every one of my friends wins a badge, posts on a forum, or friends someone else is worth removing the Recently Played section. In truth I used Recently Played more than my Favorites list, especially when I was revisiting a game that wasn’t on my favorites.

Flag Post

me- Finds a new game.
me- HORRAY! this is fun!
me- oh man my computer messed up.
me- oh well I can still use the recently played o-wtFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!
Later…A forum about recent updates? NOW I MUST COMPLAIN!

Flag Post
Originally posted by qwertyuiopazs:

me- Finds a new game.
me- HORRAY! this is fun!
me- oh well I can still use the recently played o-wtFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!

Yeah, it’s a shame that there’s no way to still see the recently played games.

For everyone complaining about the recently played no longer being on the homepage, you can access an even larger list of them from every page on the site, so it shouldn’t really matter that they’re not displaying a few of them on the homepage anymore, and even so, they show the last two you played just by hovering over the games tab.

Flag Post

At least give us an option to change it back to the way that it was, and not this garbage that it is now. I don’t give a frak for what other people are doing – this ISN’T Facebook.

Please revert this gawdawful change and the sooner the better.

Flag Post

Please please please allow us to remove these new “features”. I’ve been an active member since 2007, I paid for my Kong Plus, I visit the site multiple times a day. I’ve not had a problem with the majority of the recent changes to the site but the last big update has seemed to draw nothing but negative feedback. Please do all of us a favor and allow us, the users, to have a little more control over our experience and make these new “features” something that we can turn off.

Flag Post
Originally posted by 123aaa789:

me- Finds a new game.
me- HORRAY! this is fun!

For everyone complaining about the recently played no longer being on the homepage, you can access an even larger list of them from every page on the site, so it shouldn’t really matter that they’re not displaying a few of them on the homepage anymore, and even so, they show the last two you played just by hovering over the games tab.

The issue is that it’s less convenient. Everyone’s saying our point is invalid because you can still get to a page containing the recently played games, however it involves going through more pages when the most recent game you played was not only on the front page, it would be visible when the page is loaded up.

I mean, if you’re really going to shove that argument in our faces, why don’t you go push that mini-feed under the community tab? In fact, why even have a mini-feed with information that could be accessed with one click on the community tab (which used to go directly to the forums too, bastards)? Your argument is hypocritical at best.

Flag Post

me- Finds a new game.
me- HORRAY! this is fun!

There are a FEW who are new and don’t know that place, and thank you for providing the link (which, btw, is already pointed out by resterman in the first page of this thread)

But for the majority of us, who, may I remind you, are not idiots, we know that place.
The problem?
Everytime I want to play one of the recently played game, I now have to do a mouse over and a click to get to the page.
and if i want to open multiple at once (sometimes to collect login rewards, for example), I might have to scroll and/or flip+load new pages between clicks. that’s unnecessary data transmission and therefore delay and unnecessary mouse movements.
This, while does maintaining a “recently played” list, partially defeats its purpose—which is to save navigation time.
Frankly, for many of the game I play, now I can go to it faster via the search function than by redirecting myself to that page you linked and then select the game, long as I remember its name, which I do for any game that I really care about which would be the same ones that stays in my recently played list indefinitely.

Yeah, qwertyuiopazs might not have known this considering the content of his post. But that does not represent the majority of us. In fact, Rakelnahe just a few posts above, mentioned that page specifically. Why don’t you bother reading the whole thread before making a comment.

I saw resterman’s post earlier but I’m fine with the way he said it—he provided aid for those who didn’t know while NOT assuming the rest of us are complaining because we didn’t know. And so, I made no comment on his post
I did lash back at your comment because you did assume such when there are posts that presents evidence of the contrary. My words might have been a bit angry and strong (thou I have refrained from usage of any bad words), but I believe you deserve every bit of it.

Next time, learn to read and please do not feel you are smarter than all the other people.

Flag Post

I’m still not sure what you’re trying to get at by saying that it’s bad to have it removed from the homepage. For example, if I’m in the forums and want to play one of my recently played games, I can hover over to see it right there, or hover over to get to the full page of them right now. Before, if I was in the forums and wanted to, I’d have to go to the homepage to see the list. What’s the difference in those two scenarios where it involves opening a new tab either time?

For many games that I play, going to a list of recently played games is in itself a waste of time regardless. I just open a new tab and type the first letter or two of the game name, and then click on it at the top of the suggested list of links. This is much faster for me than having to go find the list on the homepage or in the games tab, but to each their own.

I’m not sure why you’re so upset about what I said. I’m simple getting a little tired of people bashing all of the recent updates without much true reason other than “I liked it better before.” I might have said it in a way that you didn’t appreciate, but it was not meant in any way other than to say that people should look a little more before they post (complaining about a feature missing when it’s just moved to a more logical place is just odd to me, and I do find it more logical since it’s moving the recently played games to the games tab, instead of cluttering the homepage).

Flag Post

I don’t understand why they put this new feature on the front page. The new feature is obviously part of the social side of this site and therefore shouldn’t it be with all the other social aspects on our profile’s?

Half the reason I play games on Kong instead of the many other places I could play them is so I don’t have to deal with people. I am here to play games not make friends. That said the other half of why I’m here is for the chat next to every game.

If your goal is to be the best gaming site you can be as well as the best social site you can be, you already won. You are the best of both worlds. I can play games whenever I want without dealing with anybody else, but if I want I can also have an instant conversation with hundreds of like minded people playing the same game as me. It is my choice whether I interact with the community.

This minifeed is irrelevant nothing it shows matters to me and I will never care about or use it. My recently played games was something I used every day. So why remove it?

Flag Post

I’m still not sure what you’re trying to get at by saying that it’s bad to have it removed from the homepage. For example, if I’m in the forums and want to play one of my recently played games, I can hover over to see it right there, or hover over to get to the full page of them right now. Before, if I was in the forums and wanted to, I’d have to go to the homepage to see the list. What’s the difference in those two scenarios where it involves opening a new tab either time?

For many games that I play, going to a list of recently played games is in itself a waste of time regardless. I just open a new tab and type the first letter or two of the game name, and then click on it at the top of the suggested list of links. This is much faster for me that having to go find the list on the homepage or in the games tab.

I’m not sure why you’re so upset about what I said. I’m simple getting a little tired of people bashing all of the recent updates without much true reason other than “I liked it better before.” I might have said it in a way that you didn’t appreciate, but it was not meant in any way other than to say that people should look a little more before they post (complaining about a feature missing when it’s just moved to a more logical place is just odd to me).

no you didn’t, that page was always there. so the change benefits no one. thou i’m not sure if the mouse over was
the problem is, a lot of us are here to PLAY GAMES, not to surf the forum.
So if we just decided to play a game that we used to play on kong, we are most likely:
1. go to the game directly via a bookmark or
2. go to the homepage and navigate from there.
and now, option #2 is more tedious.

Yeah, the thing didn’t impact some of the users (forum goers as you said, for example)
But, it did impact others, and those impacted are all negative, that’s the problem.

Have a person that you don’t know randomly shot in the face with a machine gun for no apprental reason might not impact you, but that doesn’t mean it’s not wrong. For some, the degree of effort didn’t change but for others it increased and thus it’s an overall bad thing.

Overall result, benefit to no one, pain to many.

And the problem I have with your post is your assumption that we didn’t know it’s elsewhere. As I’ve said, Rakelnahe already commented on the matter that clearly shows while he is aware of the existence of the page, he prefers the old one and he showed his reasons.
And so did many others.
Positions matter, or there wont be a difference in price of ads for different section of websites and/or newspaper/magazines.

So while reverting to old type will NOT benefit everyone. It will benefit some people while not hurting anyone, isn’t that better?
What are you? jealous of those of us who could gain some out of a change back(as you have said that you won’t be one of them)?

Like I said, I’m willing to have kong make a vote on the matter and will rest my case if the voting result says ppl like it better now. But so far, all I’ve seen are indifferent(ppl like you) and unhappy(ppl like me) and thus I believe the old style was better.
For solid reasons, as I’ve explained, and not just “change is bad” sentiment.

Flag Post

Can you please make it to where the home page is just completely filled to the brim of activity feeds of everyone on the site, not just my fans and people I follow? It’s clear that nobody cares about the games, it’s all about the social interactions with different people that I don’t know / care about!

Also, if you ever find out where the games page is make the entire top half of the page littered with community spotlights so we have to scroll down to see any games.

Thanks and keep up the great work :]

Flag Post

I don’t care, who got badge, who played which game and who started following who. I don’t know those people and I don’t want to know them. Give me back “Recently played games” tab.

Another main page update = another sh*t.

Flag Post

Liked the recently played list on the front page, which together with hot new games are the only really relevant elements on the front page.
Activity feed and most played games categories are a total waste of space. Really sad move with the actitiy feed.

Flag Post

Remove activity feed from home page, put the Recently played back to where that feed was, and use the hover over mouse place that the Recently played is for activity feed (or bottom of the page as mentioned earlier).

Everyone happier this way.

Flag Post

I decided that if kongregate won’t fix it, i had to :)

So I have included the recently played games into the kongregate frontpage through greasemonkey, was rather easy. 2 lines of coding :)

Have a look:

Flag Post

The fact that no kongregate mods have looked at this forum since it came out saddens me.

Flag Post

The fact that no kongregate mods have looked at this forum since it came out saddens me.

What? Plenty have commented. Because chat moderators lost their M on the forums, it only looks like they’ve abandoned it. :P