Forums Kongregate

New Kongregate Version: Activity feeds for everyone! page 4

113 posts

Flag Post

Whoever decided it was a good idea to remove the recently played games section and put in this silly news-feed needs to be fired.

Most of the games on here makes us follow people just so we can progress in the game, we DO NOT KNOW THOSE PEOPLE. WE COULD CARELESS WHAT BADGES THEY EARNED.

Bring back recently played games, this news feed is GARBAGE.

Flag Post

What by our lord did you do? Removed “recently played” !!!

I NEED IT BACK

Flag Post
Originally posted by JKuang:
Originally posted by qwertyuiopazs:

The fact that no kongregate mods have looked at this forum since it came out saddens me.

What? Plenty have commented. Because chat moderators lost their M on the forums, it only looks like they’ve abandoned it. :P

Also, just because someone doesn’t post doesn’t mean they aren’t reading the thread.

Flag Post
Originally posted by gotaway:

Whoever decided it was a good idea to remove the recently played games section and put in this silly news-feed needs to be fired.

I second that, BRING BACK RECENTLY PLAYED GAMES!!
I dont need recommended badges, just put it somewhere else, on the corner… on the edge, I dont care :p

Flag Post

I used to not like a lot of the changes that the devs made, but for the most part they made sense. This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Gone are the Badge of the Day notifications right on the home screen in a visible area when I first load the page. Gone are recently played games. Gone are badges that I need to earn but am so bad at the games I can’t get them. Now I have an activity feed that shows what other people I follow have done on the site. If I wanted to find out what they were up to, I’d go back to facebook.

I love social media just like the next person, but this is NOT the way to implement a social feature like this. This is ugly, sticks out like a sore thumb, and drives people away from the site. I’ve been on the site for almost 5 years. This is the first time I have actually not wanted to come back because it’s actually harder now to find what I’ve come for — badge of the day mainly.

Gamestop is ruining this site.

Flag Post

I like the Activity Feed, AND the Recently Played Games section.. Is there any way to customise the page?

Flag Post
Originally posted by gotaway:

Most of the games on here makes us follow people just so we can progress in the game, we DO NOT KNOW THOSE PEOPLE. WE COULD CARELESS WHAT BADGES THEY EARNED.

They can’t fire Gamestop. But, if this continues, I may start a petition about this matter.

Flag Post
Originally posted by onlyantiidle:

I decided that if kongregate won’t fix it, i had to :)

So I have included the recently played games into the kongregate frontpage through greasemonkey, was rather easy. 2 lines of coding :)

Have a look:

Can you post a link to your greasemonkey script (if you have published it somewhere) so that the rest of us can implement this change and correct Kong’s STUPIDITY with your script.

Flag Post

I want my recently played games back too.

Flag Post

If others want it, just look in my userprofile under “more about me”. It includes instructions and the code.

Don’t want to post it to the forum, to not upset GameStop :)

Flag Post

this site only has show your opinion threads so they dont have to read them

Flag Post

I need my recently played games back on the homepage. I like the activity feed, but I NEED my recent list.

O.k I see that i can click games and then click recently played, that’s cool. Not cool enough.

Flag Post

Greasemonkey script to give you your recently played games back:

Install greasemonkey (plugin to firefox). Create a text file with the name kongregate.user.js and insert the following text. Remember to change my username “onlyantiidle” to your username:
Afterwards just go to the firefox menu, select file and open file, and open the file you just created.

// UserScript
// @name kongregate changer!
// @include http://www.kongregate.com/
// @require http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7.1/jquery.min.js
// /UserScript

$(“#home_page_feed”).html("")//.css(“width:500;;
$(”#home_page_feed").append(’’).children(“#recent”).load(“http://www.kongregate.com/accounts/onlyantiidle/recently-played .category_games_listing .callout_listing”, function(){ });

I don’t think GameStop really cares about a Greasemonkey script.

Flag Post

nobody likes the act feed, this isnt facebook so get rid of the wannabe fb crap

Flag Post
Originally posted by cyr426:

nobody likes the act feed, this isnt facebook so get rid of the wannabe fb crap

Best argument I’ve ever read. I love how you supported your opinion with sound logic and reputable sources. The way you composed a thorough, intelligent argument is notable and exemplary.

Flag Post

Just FYI to the admins:
At least for me, I stopped posting because there is a lack of response from you guys and not because, by any means, I give up on the issue nor grew to like the change. I might not post again here unless there is further arguments needed and/or some kind of official response because it feels like a pointless bother if you guys are not going to care. Doesn’t mean I’m happy.

Just so you make no misunderstanding with the reduction of post here, I’m sure a lot of ppl are like me and have stopped for same/similar reasons.

Flag Post
Originally posted by deathvonduel:

Just FYI to the admins:
At least for me, I stopped posting because there is a lack of response from you guys and not because, by any means, I give up on the issue nor grew to like the change. I might not post again here unless there is further arguments needed and/or some kind of official response because it feels like a pointless bother if you guys are not going to care. Doesn’t mean I’m happy.

Just so you make no misunderstanding with the reduction of post here, I’m sure a lot of ppl are like me and have stopped for same/similar reasons.

Much the same.

I’ve stopped because I’ve said all I wanted to, and further posting from me would descend into snipes/jabs/accusations about [won’t mention it, but a certain issue], and my probable coming across as a belligerent chap… which I don’t especially want occuring.

That, and as I still have my ‘Recently Played Games’ due to my lack of ‘followings’ – and I appreciate this concession being made to the most antisocial members – I have less reason to object quite so vociferously.

Flag Post
Originally posted by deathvonduel:

Just FYI to the admins:

I really couldnt agree more…

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

I concur, “dont fix whats not broken”, and im on a verge on removing all friends and followers
because i hate this activity feed, i dont play games on facebook, because all of its spamming from every effing game.

Flag Post

The Recently Played Games tab was my favorite update to this site. And now it’s gone. I didn’t join this site to be social, I joined to play flash games.

Flag Post

This will be the true test as to whether or not the kongregate staff listens to its user base, if more “activity feed” and the like is shoved down our throats any more I fear that kongregate will lose many of the quality users that make it so special.

Flag Post

There IS a way for the Kongregate staff to redesign the site to their liking (making it more “social”) and listen to the suggestions of the main forum users.

Most of the users are saying they disagree with the removal of the “Recently Played Games” tab from the main page, NOT that the Activity Feed was necessarily a bad idea.

If the Kongregate staff really read this, there is a simple solution to this problem that will make most people happy: Simply replace the “Recommended Games” tab on the front page with “Recently Played Games.”

This is a VERY simply change that will please many of the users that have posted complaints on the forum, and it will not hinder the website in any way – Recommended Games is still listed under the “Games” section of the navigation bar, close to where Recently Played Games is now.

Flag Post
Originally posted by SupHomies:

There IS a way for the Kongregate staff to redesign the site to their liking (making it more “social”) and listen to the suggestions of the main forum users.

Most of the users are saying they disagree with the removal of the “Recently Played Games” tab from the main page, NOT that the Activity Feed was necessarily a bad idea.

If the Kongregate staff really read this, there is a simple solution to this problem that will make most people happy: Simply replace the “Recommended Games” tab on the front page with “Recently Played Games.”

This is a VERY simply change that will please many of the users that have posted complaints on the forum, and it will not hinder the website in any way – Recommended Games is still listed under the “Games” section of the navigation bar, close to where Recently Played Games is now.

dunno how many ppl use recommended game thou…. while I don’t, I don’t wanna hurt others for my benefit w/o checking first.
I think we should put some type of poll on the favorite tabs and the top X can be on the homepage.
@admins: NO, do not just use data from clicks. Some ppl might click some of the stuff a lot just to take a look but it’s not all that valuable (for example recommended games) but consider other very important while not clicking often (for example a game he is dedicated to in the recently played list which he might only click once per day and keep the window open). Use a poll instead. In fact, make it semi-forceful by putting up “ads” for the poll in your pre-game ads. The poll should be five vote per account for accounts established between a certain date, a person may NOT vote the same thing 5 times but instead only can vote 5 different things one time each.

Flag Post

Is Kongregate tone deaf? Honestly…i have never seen such a unified outpouring of disgust and rejection of any single idea or upgrade before on Kongregate. I mean, it couldn’t get more unified if Jerry Sandusky was the one who came up with the activity feed. Its stupid, we hate it, get rid of it.

We want our recently played tab back because like others have mentioned, its useful, unlike this garbage you’re peddling now. If its gamestop thats trying to pimp this then shame on you for getting bent over and taking it. If you are just trying to be like facebook then you might as well collectively and metaphorically blow your brains out because thats just stupid. I don’t know, nor do i want to know these other people. The only reason I have “friends” on kong is so I can get help on Backyard Monsters. WHICH IS TOUGHER TO GET TO NOW THAT RECENTLY PLAYED HAS BEEN REMOVED.

You’re entire userbase speaks with one voice on this…how tone deaf can you be to keep ignoring us. Its not going to get better, we’re not going to start liking it. And if this lack of service and downgrading garbage continues then i might as well just say forget it (though i’d probably use a different word that begins with f) and go back to xgenstudios.com

Make this right.