Forums Kongregate

New Kongregate Version: Activity feeds for everyone! page 5

113 posts

Flag Post

list of complaints
1.We need to get recently played back.
2.Activity feed=waste of space
3.wtf is this recomended badges section? We come on Kong to have fun, not to get points!

Flag Post
Originally posted by qwertyuiopazs:

list of complaints
1.We need to get recently played back.
2.Activity feed=waste of space
3.wtf is this recomended badges section? We come on Kong to have fun, not to get points!

Plenty of people, myself included, come on Kong to get points.

Flag Post

Return “Recently Played” back or people going to keep going to Armor Games

Flag Post

OK, putting off my distaste of this for a while, I feel now is the time to comment as I noticed both a positive and negative situation recently. On the good side; I was informed via the feed about a new competition by staff (i.e. “Yo dawg…”, but on the opposite, I started following a user and upon looking at my ‘feed’ I was somehow automatically following another user whom I had no clue whom they were (my apologizes for posting and not saving the information before I removed them as a person of interest to see if this was an ongoing issue (will attempt to duplicate)).

Though I have not commented on this matter in the past, I did not like the manner in which this system displays information (every game you ever played spamming updates of ever friend you ever had appearing in your feed, every badge every friend achieves, etc.), most of which have been addressed. But, if this system is to be something the users actually enjoy, it MUST be something the users can control as to what information they want presented. That is; perhaps only messages from staff, only selected friends, only badges, only forum posts, only [x], etc., or the option to opt out of this feature completely. NOT a plethora of information that the majority of users don’t care about and make this more a cluttered waste of space.

Much of what I’ve said has been said before (in this post and others), but replicated, feeling that more users need to express their likes/dislikes of this feature so that it may be tuned to a welcome feature rather than an annoyance.

Flag Post
Originally posted by slayerboy:

I used to not like a lot of the changes that the devs made, but for the most part they made sense. This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Gone are the Badge of the Day notifications right on the home screen in a visible area when I first load the page. Gone are recently played games. Gone are badges that I need to earn but am so bad at the games I can’t get them. Now I have an activity feed that shows what other people I follow have done on the site. If I wanted to find out what they were up to, I’d go back to facebook.

I love social media just like the next person, but this is NOT the way to implement a social feature like this. This is ugly, sticks out like a sore thumb, and drives people away from the site. I’ve been on the site for almost 5 years. This is the first time I have actually not wanted to come back because it’s actually harder now to find what I’ve come for — badge of the day mainly.

Gamestop is ruining this site.

I couldn’t agree more. Although if they (the devs) do implement stuff like this again they should at the very least have some kind of poll to see if that’s really what the community at Kong wants. I for one don’t see the point in this activity feed. If I wanted to know what my friends on the site were doing I would join their chat room. Also, where did the recently played games go?!?!?

Flag Post

I dont care much for the news feed. How do I put it back to the recently played game list? I prefer it like that.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Millkyosho:

I dont care much for the news feed. How do I put it back to the recently played game list? I prefer it like that.

Remove nearly all your friends.

Not sure what the limit is, but at a very low number (probably under 5) you lose the feed and get the Recently Played Games back.

Flag Post

Can we remove this facebook cancerous tumor from our front page if we please?

Flag Post
Originally posted by ZombieLuigi:

Can we remove this facebook cancerous tumor from our front page if we please?

Just delete all your friends.

Flag Post

so, now I deleted my friends and still have a kongregate feed on the front page. just awesome. and no way to turn it off.

Flag Post

ignore my previous post, it seems I was too impatient. it’s gone now. sweet.

Flag Post

You can delete posts. Click edit and look on the right hand side beside Formatting Help to delete.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Utterly:

so, now I deleted my friends and still have a kongregate feed on the front page. just awesome. and no way to turn it off.

What a useless necrobump.