Forums Kongregate

Konguering Kongregate

70 posts

Flag Post

EPISODE 8 OUT NOW!! (Oktober 9th 2012)

Hello Kongregate.

I’ve set myself upon a quest. A quest I guess many of you are already on, but none the less a quest. A personal and utterly pointless quest that will give me a lot of pain, suffering and grief. And while doing this quest I’ll be logging my progress.

The Quest: Get every badge on Kongregate.com.

My original plan was to post about my games and progress on teamliquid.net (a starcraft/starcraft II related site that I use a lot), but then came the idea to crosspost my blog posts here. I would have made a real post, but since kongregate use html tags /textile instead of BBC code I decided to just post links to teamliquid.net where I can easier make my posts look pretty =)

So far I’ve made 3 post but more will follow in the future. I’ll just update this thread whenever I make a new posts…

I have no clue if this have ever been done before (not the quest part, but the posting about it part) but I’m having fun doing it so I’ll continue as long as I find it interesting.

Episode 1
Episode 2
Episode 3
Episode 4
Episode 5
Episode 6
Episode 7
Episode 8
Episode 9

Please feel free to comment here or on TL. Anything you want to post is fine, but please don’t tell me I’m doing it wrong – there are no wrong way only the fun way!

//Dirkzor

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

I wish you the very best of luck on your quest! Bon voyage! :-D

Flag Post

I very much enjoyed reading through them, please continue doing it!!

Flag Post

Well good luck. I tried doing this a few months ago and guess what? I gave up.

To me, the “Papa’s” series is just horrible and you’re just doing the same thing over and over again. Only difference is that you serve different stuff everytime(burgers, pizzas etc); Its fun at first, but wait till you play the next Papa’s game…I didn’t even try to get the recent Papa’s wingeria(or something)‘s easy badge. So, I feel that you should conquer the "Papa’s" series first. :) Just a little suggestion.

Flag Post

DiscoMonkey: I’m not doing them in any particularly order as of yet. I try to play different kind of games so that I don’t play the same genre all the time.
I have tried a Papa’s game though (some pizza making game?) and did not enjoy it. But the Doodle God was a real pain for me aswell.. We’ll see.

Right now I’m doing Tyrant which I actually really like… That will be in the next episode (I hope.. Doesnt look like it will take to much longer to finish)

Flag Post

Admittedly, I assumed this was going to be a pointless attention whore thread. Then I looked at your posts and decided I didn’t care. I’m entertained. You’ve reminded me that I’ve still got quite a bit of kid in me – part of the enjoyment is the fact that your writing is illustrated with screenshots. Pictures = win!

I hope you don’t get burned out on this project. Something tells me you may hit some of the games I haven’t earned badges for yet, and I’ll realize that something I never gave a chance is actually appealing. Good luck on the progress!

Flag Post

Almost everyone who signs up to Kong has the dream of earning all badges (I know I did). Essentially no one actually does it.

Flag Post

bring me back a souvenir from your journey. a few impossible badges already completed would be nice. :)

Flag Post

btw what would happen if someone did get all of the badges? would they get an award? maybe they would get they chance to be the head moderator (if that exists).

Flag Post
Originally posted by dtl011:

btw what would happen if someone did get all of the badges? would they get an award? maybe they would get they chance to be the head moderator (if that exists).

If I remember right, there were some people who did get all the badges. I don’t think they said they got an award for it though.

Flag Post

Nope, you get squat! Besides, new badges are added every so often so the quest will be on-going for the forseeable future.

And no, theres no such thing as a head moderator. You can become a moderator without ever earning a badge, points and badges have absolutely nothing to do with it. :P

Edit: Ninja’d!

Flag Post
Originally posted by L_Deathnote:

Nope, you get squat! Besides, new badges are added every so often so the quest will be on-going for the forseeable future.

And no, theres no such thing as a head moderator. You can become a moderator without ever earning a badge, points and badges have absolutely nothing to do with it. :P

wow i wish i was a moderator i would be a nice mod who helps people and brings peace to the great land of Kong :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by videogames518:

If I remember right, there were some people who did get all the badges. I don’t think they said they got an award for it though.

well then i think they should get something because thats a pretty big achievement (at least in the gaming world)

Flag Post

You can’t get all the badges.

Your goal is bad and you should feel bad.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Captain_Catface:

wow thats a little mean don’t you think? No one should feel bad and I believe it is possible to get all of the badges! and you can at least try.

Flag Post

I wish you luck on this long journey of yours. Be prepared for it to take a looonnnngggg time. Also, the longer it takes the longer the journey becomes as badges are added every day or so. Good luck ;)

wow thats a little mean don’t you think? No one should feel bad and I believe it is possible to get all of the badges! and you can at least try.

Don’t feed the troll. It only encourages him. If you ignore him maybe (hopefully) he will just leave.

Flag Post
Originally posted by acedragon64:

I wish you luck on this long journey of yours. Be prepared for it to take a looonnnngggg time. Also, the longer it takes the longer the journey becomes as badges are added every day or so. Good luck ;)

Don’t feed the troll. It only encourages him. If you ignore him maybe (hopefully) he will just leave.

yeah good point

Flag Post

he might be referring to the fact that there are some badges that are no longer earnable. eg: some games have been taken down. if you don’t have the ceasary badges, you’ll never get those – even though others have them.

Flag Post

You literally cannot get all the badges. Caesary, and if I recall another 10-ish games have been broken.

Not to mention the few MMOs that are entirely abandoned.

Flag Post

Good luck on your quest, those are a fun read. You do sort of get something for getting all badges, but it’s the same as getting all the badges in one category:

Flag Post

You literally cannot get all the badges. Caesary, and if I recall another 10-ish games have been broken.

Not to mention the few MMOs that are entirely abandoned.

You can earn the badges for some of the broken games still. I know that there is a method to make Desktop TD 1.5 playable again you just need to take a screenshot to get the badges. I’m sure there are workarounds for other games as well.
Originally posted by Dirkzor:

Hello Kongregate.

I’ve set myself upon a quest. A quest I guess many of you are already on, but none the less a quest. A personal and utterly pointless quest that will give me a lot of pain, suffering and grief. And while doing this quest I’ll be logging my progress.

The Quest: Get every badge on Kongregate.com.

Now back on this topic, I’ve been on Kong for years now and I still have the hope to obtain all of the badges. The problem is that most people who HAVE all of the badges hacked to get it. If you can manage to get them all without hacking than my hat goes off to you because that’s what I’m trying to do as well. Good luck on your quest man!

Flag Post

’Tis a noble quest, one that will take many years. I would join you on this quest but I am yet to create a teleportation device to use to teleport to you. Good luck and godspeed.

Flag Post

Captain_Catface I must thank you for being so cheery and optimistic!

The goal itself is not to get all badges. The goal is to have fun and write about my adventures on kongregate.com. I’m not unrealistic. I know this will take a lot of time – and then some more time. Most likely I won’t do it… But again its not the point.

Either way I enjoy doing my writeups and will continue to do so.. Thanks to everyone who liked it =)

Ericzander: Have you actually worked towards getting the badges or just playing whatever you liked? =)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Dirkzor:

Ericzander: Have you actually worked towards getting the badges or just playing whatever you liked? =)

Well in the past I just played whatever I liked but recently I got more of a strategy. Now-a-days I make sure to play the game with the badge of the day first, and if I haven’t already beaten it I will complete it and get every badge in that game (not just the badge of the day) then I go and play the games in the order that they were badged. To do that go to your profile and click your badges, then you can filter them by “unearned” and then by “oldest” once I do that I play the games in order and get every badge within the game before going to the next one, unless it takes more than a day in which case I tend to pause to do the badge of the day again and then continue where I left off. I’m not going to lie, I often skip impossible badges after I put a ton of effort into them and fail, but I plan to come back to them in the end. Aside from that, when a hard badge gets too hard I just keep pushing at it and I will eventually get it (even in Ring Pass Not… Oh that game…)

However, I have a kind of OCD with this kind of gaming and it’s often a chore and not always fun. But the reward at the end is ALWAYS fulfilling, especially if the game sucked. Once again, good luck!