Forums Kongregate

What was your favorite badge?

43 posts

Flag Post

Lot ’o badges on Kongregate. Which one was your favorite to earn? Tell us about your most memorable, satisfactory badge(s) you earned and the enduring quest you took to complete it.

I loved earning the The Legend of Kalevala badges because of how much of an adventure the game was. Big world to explore, and when I finally earned those last two badge I was so happy. Best badges I ever earned.

How about you?

Flag Post

Hmm, probably the Fancy Pants hard, because I love Fancy Pants and it was difficult (for me) to get, or maybe getting the Globetrotter XL badge, because that made me feel smarter than I am.

Flag Post

I think I’d go with the Ultimate Assassin 3 impossible badge. I spent so much time bitching about how much that badge freaking sucked. And I spent just as much time getting 5 achievements on the last 5 levels I was missing as I did on other 67.

That is the most satisfied as I have ever felt on earning a badge.

A close second would be the Moneyseize impossible badge. Because for months I had that badge labeled as personally beyond my reach, but I really cinched up for a month or so and finally managed to get the last few 100 coins I needed.

As far as the badge I actually had the most fun earning, that would probably be the Frantic Impossible badge. It was frustrating, but a GOOD kind of frustrating. Every run where I got hit I would just restart again and wouldn’t mind doing it again and again until I finally got it. Plus the refining strategy, trying different movement patterns, and power-ups appealed to the kind of gamer that I am. And the funny part was that the boss I had the most trouble with was always one of the middle level bosses (I want to say 5). The first time I got beyond that boss without getting hit, I knew I was going to earn the impossible.

Flag Post

Now-a-days I just earn badges to earn badges. The original allure they once had back in ’08 has long since worn off but there are quite a few I remember enjoying.

The badges on Cursed Dungeon are probably my favorite from the last 300 or so I earned. The game just seemed to mesh perfectly for me and I really enjoyed playing it.

My favorite badge of all time has to be the impossible for Pyro because I have such fond memories of that game. I played the hell out of it before badges were added and I genuinely enjoyed earning the impossible badge.

Flag Post
Originally posted by BobTheCoolGuy:

Hmm, probably the Fancy Pants hard, because I love Fancy Pants and it was difficult (for me) to get, or maybe getting the Globetrotter XL badge, because that made me feel smarter than I am.

Like when you finally get that EXACT pinpoint of where the city is?

Flag Post

I enjoyed earning the Impossible badges for SCGMD2, SCGMD3, and DJ Maniax. Those badges were hard (some might even say they’re impossible :P), and earning them actually felt like I earned something.

Flag Post

I found the Epic Battle Fantasy 3 badges pretty fun to earn, and don’t forgert Mardek.

Flag Post

It would probably have to be DjManiax; I played that game for months. That feeling when I finally did Eight Circles was awesome, and I always love to hear the Cheetahmen theme :3

edit: A wild Ninja Turtle appeared

Flag Post
Originally posted by AbsoluteDaan:

I found the Epic Battle Fantasy 3 badges pretty fun to earn, and don’t forgert Mardek.

I considered throwing the Mardek badges in there, except the way I was playing, I had the goal of getting every character to level 99 and then getting the 2nd hard and the impossible badge. But then I got sick of grinding around level 80 or so and just decided to go get the badges instead. So it was kind of anti-climatic.

Flag Post

Sonny 2 Impossible badge. It was one of the first games I played on Kong, and probably the first time I saw an impossible badge. One of the most challenging badges here. Killing the corruptor feels good, man.

Flag Post
Originally posted by aturtledoesbite:

I enjoyed earning the Impossible badges for SCGMD2, SCGMD3, and DJ Maniax. Those badges were hard (some might even say they’re impossible :P), and earning them actually felt like I earned something.

Especially when you try and play Run n’ Gun on SCGMD2 and you hit one extra arrow key by accident. >_<

Flag Post

Oh oh!
My 2000th badge must be my favorite :)
It’s Impossible badge for MAD: Mutually Assured Destruction

There’s lots of stories involved with this badge
Firstly, I had earned all other badges except impossible badge in the past. On the other hand, I got 3 out 4 requirements check for impossible badge… and the missing feat was ‘missiles disabled’ requirements which I just couldn’t get due EMP strategy I used. I abandoned MAD for a while

Later, I was close to earn my 2000th badge and I announced in both forums and my home chat that I want to make my 2000th badge memorable feat

Someone suggested (or I came up with) that I should earn MADs impossible badge. The glove was cast and I accepted the challenge. I played MAD for 2 hours straight until I decided to suicide due sole boredom. No disable medal due EMP strategy I used. Soon, I got told that EMP does not contribute to ‘disabled missiles’ count, but you have to scrape them instead in which flak cannon would help significantly. Well, I applied that strategy, I put the fullscreen mode on and set my status AFK in chat and for two hours, I played and exploded oncoming missiles like a mad sharpshooter until I found out I’ve been playing for almost 2 hours, straight, again. I decided that this got to be enough so I suicided and saw the results. My heart was beating. I took a screenshot in case something would have gone wrong and I resized my window from fullscreen mode. There it was; My sweet badge which was my 2000th. Later, I got whole lot of congratulations

Second favorite badge is probably Hard badge from particles. I remember how my heart was pounding after I found I had lasted for 213 second (IIRC)

Same with four second frenzy, pel and cell warfare

PS: Kongregate needs to sponsor more score attack games. This reminescense brought that up

Flag Post

Epic Battle Fantasy 2 was one of the games I enjoyed getting the impossible for (different account), most of the others weren’t entertaining.

Flag Post

Moneyseize impossible without a doubt.

Flag Post

So after a good chunk of time trying to think of one I came to the conclusion that I have just too many great badge memories and it’d be impossible to try and list them all for I am sure I’d accidentally leave one out. Most every game has at least one badge with a notable memory for me.

Flag Post

Probably Zunderfury’s impossible.

Flag Post

Orbular impossible.

It was November 2010, when I saw that my friend had that badge. I tried it myself and thought the game was easy. I got the hard badge fast, and then tried the impossible one. It took many tries, and then I got to level 13.
On level 13, I accidentally got the extra ball “power up.” Well, I got through that level, but at level 14, those two balls came down at the same time, from two different sides.
I ragequitted.

Then, about 3 months ago, I decided to play it again.
Just to get the same horrible experience again, failing at level 14 because of the same reason. I felt so deja vu that I didn’t even feel anything.
Having nothing else to do, I tried again until I got that badge.
But I still can’t get that thing out of my head.

Flag Post
Originally posted by hiperson134:

Probably Zunderfury’s impossible.

Tell me your secrets D:

Originally posted by rawismojo:

Moneyseize impossible without a doubt.

This. That feeling when you finally 100% level 40 <3

Flag Post

By ‘that feeling’ I assume you mean the pulsing pain in your fingers.

Flag Post

Offhand I’d have to say the Impossible badge in Pandemic 2. Finally watching Madagascar fall was priceless.

Flag Post

The Mardek RPG Impossible badge. 20 hours of awesomeness.

Flag Post

Pyro for me don’t know why but shaving those last few seconds for the impossible for me was just so tough took me a loooong time…Run 2 was a close second since that one was my first impossible and I really enjoyed getting the impossible in Amorphous+

Flag Post

I’m partial towards the impossible badge from 99 Bricks, because it took me a lot of tries to get it at first, but over time I’ve become able to achieve a tower of all 99 bricks nearly every time I play. It’s also an example of an impossible badge that I found to be easier than the hard badge, because I got into the mindset of making shorter, more stable towers (I think I managed to actually make a tower of 99 at a height of just over half of the hard badge requirement).

I also liked the hard badge from Filler, since it’s also an example of a game that I just got magnitudes better at over time. The hard badge is for 40,000 points, and my best score was somewhere around 260,000 before I gave up out of boredom. I reached a point where you could basically just click and release immediately for each ball and you’d still finish with enough, since you were given a few hundred balls by that point.

Also going to say that I liked the impossible badge on Run 2, since it’s a game I loved playing through. I was let into the early alpha and later beta testing for the game, so I’d actually played through the game and gotten used to the mechanics about a year ahead of when it was actually released, and by the time the badges had come out I only had a couple of levels that were tricky for me, but they didn’t take too long to figure out.

Flag Post

Honestly the only badge on Srike Force Heroes was a very hard badge because you hade to complete the campaign which took me FOREVER to do because I had to do like 100,000 quick matches just to get a powerful enough weapon. I was seriously addicted to the game though and I added the badge to my collection after 3 weeks of playing the game.

Flag Post

In terms of which one I think might be the best, I’d say the 2 hard badges from Road of the Dead are among my favorite. The one for me that is by far the most memorable and satisfying is when I earned the badge for my own game. Felt really surreal.

After dying and ragequitting a few times, it felt really great to eventually earn the hard badges in Realm of the Mad God, too.