Forums Kongregate

The Kongregate Olympic Games - Qualifier (Sign up now!) (locked)

138 posts

Flag Post

Welcome to the Kongregate Olympic Games!

To celebrate the 2012 Olympic Games in London, Kongregate is hosting its own Olympic Games, which will run on the same schedule as the games in London. If that’s not exciting enough, the winner of this competition will get an actual engraved Gold Medal sent to them by post!

This contest runs similarly to past game tournaments on Kongregate, but feel free to join even if you haven’t before. The rules:

1. To compete you must complete a Qualifying Round based on Diving, which is explained in the next post. Everyone who completes the Qualifier moves on to Round 1. You have until the end of Round 1 to complete the qualifier. Both the Qualifier and Round 1 end on the 31st July, at exactly 3 days after the Olympic Cauldron is lit.
2. There will be 6 events, with Round 1 starting when the Olympic Cauldron is lit in the Opening Ceremony (28th July), and Round 6 ending when the Olympic Cauldron is extinguished in the Closing Ceremony. (12 August)
3. In each round there will be eliminations. Only a specific amount of people can pass each round and move on to the next round, so if you are not in the top scorers you will be eliminated.
4. There will be virtual medals handed out to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd places in each of the 6 main rounds. (No medals for the qualifier.) These medals will give you an advantage if you make it to Round 6.
5. Just like the real Olympics, we don’t allow any performance-altering substances. So no cheating, hacking or score editing. Everything must be above board!
6. If anything goes wrong, or you have any questions or concerns you can PM me, my co-host (SamsterSamster) or any of our fantastic spreadsheeters.
7. Have fun!

You can see your current position and all scores in the spreadsheet, which you can see by clicking here

Flag Post

Qualifier: Diving

To qualify and compete in Round 1, you must beat the Qualifier. You will be playing Dolphin Olympics 2, and must try to get to a height of at least 10m, which is the height of the main diving platform at this year’s Olympic Games. Everyone who completes the qualifier will move on to Round 1.

Once you have done it, you need to show the world by taking a screenshot. This is an example of an acceptable screenshot.

If you have problems taking a screenshot, or you have never done it before; don’t worry! It’s very easy and even a child can do it. Here are 5 easy steps to screenshot greatness:
1. Get a good score.
2. Press Print Screen/PrtSc on your keyboard (It’s usually near F12)
3. Open MS Paint or another image editing software, then paste the image you have print screened and save it.
4. Go to www.tinypic.com or another uploading site and upload your image. (If you use tinypic, you will need to “choose file” and tell it where your saved picture is.)
5. Copy the Direct Link for your file, and paste it as a reply to this board. Put a single exclamation mark (!) immediately before and immediately after your Direct Link to make it appear.

Flag Post

Sounds like this will be an interesting tournament, good luck to everyone who enters. Also, QWOP must be used for the sprint part of the tournament, it even says at the start of the game that your character is in the Olympics (games without API have been used before).

Flag Post

Flag Post

Good luck guys. Assuming Jimmy still has me down as a spreadsheeter, although I’m still trying to figure out how to maneuver around a spreadsheet from a touchpad, I will try to do my best

Flag Post
Originally posted by 123aaa789:

Sounds like this will be an interesting tournament, good luck to everyone who enters. Also, QWOP must be used for the sprint part of the tournament, it even says at the start of the game that your character is in the Olympics (games without API have been used before).

That would be a very evil choice of game. But I have beat it before. Once. And welcome to jh05013 as the first person to qualify.

Flag Post

I was afraid someone would think up an Olympic-themed tourney.
Yay! I want to sign! Screenie incoming! Later. Waaaayyyy later

Flag Post

Flag Post

Green’s in, within a minute of posting.

Flag Post
Originally posted by JimmyCarlos:
Originally posted by 123aaa789:

That would be a very evil choice of game. But I have beat it before. Once. And welcome to jh05013 as the first person to qualify.

Yes yes! QWOP would be great :D

Flag Post

So excited. Can’t wait for what’s coming in the tourney. :)
Photobucket

Flag Post

Seriously though,

Flag Post

Flag Post

Flag Post

One more thing to add; even if you were disqualified in another contest, we will forgive you and you do not need any extra proof than other people unless you get to the final.

Flag Post

Flag Post

I’m in!

Flag Post

Thanks for signing up to my contest Tecno. First timers are always welcome.

We also share something else about our lives, we are both 2 years away from finishing our degrees for teaching!

Flag Post

I would join, but I’m so bad at meeting deadlines. Or doing what I’m supposed to.

Maybe next time :3

Flag Post
Originally posted by Es337:

I would join, but I’m so bad at meeting deadlines. Or doing what I’m supposed to.

Maybe next time :3

It doesn’t matter too much if you miss a deadline. I won’t come chasing you with large claws and a Bō. This is all just a bit of fun.

Flag Post

Flag Post
Image removed due to silly me :3

I’ll give it a go then :3
I was trying to get closer to 10, but the nearest I got was 9.89 (Which is just under the minimum :c)

Edit:
My screencap messed up a bit, Cropping the edges slightly seemed to fix it for some reason o.o

Flag Post

]

Flag Post

!! http://i50.tinypic.com/2h3658p.png !!

Flag Post

You’re in gaara.