Forums Kongregate

Badge organization

17 posts

Flag Post

Now that we have such a large number of possible badges (yay, many thanks!), I’d love a better way to view and sort. The following views would be really helpful (in order of helpfullness, IMHO)

1) Unobtained badges: a view that only displays badges you haven’t earned yet

2)Badges by difficulty: ‘easy’, ‘medium’, ‘hard’, and ‘impossible’ links that give you a view only displaying badges in that category

3)Unobtained badges by difficulty: a merge of the above two, letting me see what my unobtained hard badges are, etc

Currently it’s getting tough for me to look at the badge page and quickly decide what to work on next, as it’s not terribly easy to tell which badges I have left to go and what difficulty they are.

Thanks for your consideration!

Flag Post

If you go to your profile and click view all badges you already have a section at the bottom for unachieved badges. I would like the option to split them into different difficulties though.

Flag Post

File under “Things I did not know”. Thanks! unproductive

Flag Post

Wait what is this about.

Flag Post

no problem

Flag Post

I like your idea because my computer lags too much when I click on “Badges”. Doesn’t this happen to you too?

Flag Post

I like the idea! There’s one more I’d like to throw in there: I’d like to see some quick stats at the top of the profile pages. Something like (and yes, I made the numbers up because I didn’t feel like counting):

Total Badges: 65 / 90

Easy: 5/10 Medium: 30/35 Hard:25/35 Impossible: 5 / 10

Flag Post

Partially colorblind effect: I sometimes can’t tell if a badge has been highlighted. I have absolutely no suggestion for this, not that it is a tremendous problem. But I wouldn’t mind seeing ‘difficulty categories.’ I would imagine Kongregate has a lot on it’s plate currently.

Flag Post

Focus, that happens if you’re using IE, badge page works fine on Firefox… and I join the request to sort the badges more effectively and add a badge counter!

Flag Post

I use IE and my badge page is fine.

Flag Post

Ideas & Suggestions

I myself suggested this already.

Flag Post

Its pointless in my opinion.

Flag Post

Focus, that happens if you’re using IE, badge page works fine on Firefox…

I use IE and my badge page is fine.

I’m sure no one of you uses IE6. Yeah, lame.

Flag Post

Those things have been suggested before but I think it’s a wonderful idea. I hope they’ll be able to implement it soon.

Focus, it is a known problem with IE, and damijin has forwarded it to the tech staff (whomever they are). I have the same problem in IE 7, hover over a badge and it takes 1/2-1 mins before the description shows up, and same amount of time if you click the badge itself to go to the game page.

Flag Post

1 minute?!? Whoa, then my IE works really fine. In my computer it doesn’t take more than 10 seconds, but it’s still laggy.

Flag Post

Yes, take this as an example. Firefox is the Roxorz!

Flag Post

Maybe they should make anotherpage without the images (just links and descriptions), for people with laggier PCs.