Forums Kongregate

Music Forum sticky thread request

8 posts

Flag Post

At the risk of being vain:
Myself and some others have a lot of music that is not doing us any good, and we would like to offer it up to the masses here. I posted about the site in the music forums, (and this is where it sounds whiny) but I would not like to see it buried under topics that are more for music enthusiasts as opposed to designers looking for tunez.
It’s not a trick: no spam, no ads…just a selection of music under the Creative Commons license that are avalable for download and (in most cases) editing. Plus custom music is free for Kongregate lads and lasses.

I hope I am not out of line. But Kongregate was the first hit as far as a gaming community, and we would like to offer up what we can to help out fledgling or experienced programmers to not worry about music/sfx/voice overs…that sort of thing.

Flag Post

I think that if you have some music you can freely make give it its own thread the music forum has been lonely lately.

Flag Post

I did, but I guess I am worried it is going to be swamped my the usual (as far as I have seen) talk about favorite bands and things like that.

I suppose in the long run if someone was looking in there for music they would find the thread.

Flag Post

Well if your music is reallygood it wont fall back fast.

Flag Post

Given that ‘freely usable music’ is in the description of the music forum, I think it would be fair enough to have your thread stickied in order to make it easier for people to find it. The music forum is probably one of the least active, but having a clearly useful thread at the top couldn’t hurt, in my opinion.

edit: just looked at the thread you already made and the feedback is completely positive. I’d say go for it.

Flag Post

Request granted.

Flag Post

Many thanks.

Flag Post

nice…………