Forums Kongregate

The Kongregate Olympic Games - Round 1 (You can still sign up! Win a real gold medal!) (locked)

273 posts

Flag Post

Welcome to the Kongregate Olympic Games! (Logo made by Es337)

To celebrate the 2012 Olympic Games in London, Kongregate is hosting its own Olympic Games, which will run on the same schedule as the games in London. If that’s not exciting enough, the winner of this competition will get an actual engraved Gold Medal sent to them by post! If you have not joined yet, it is not too late! Scroll down for the Qualifier and to take part in Round 1!

There are 24 hours left to Round 1! Here’s a clue to the Round 2 Game! If you know it, don’t spoil it! Send me a PM if you think you know, and I’ll tell you if you’re right.

Flag Post

Round 1: Football

We are now in Round 1 and the Olympics have started! The first sport will be Football and you will be playing New Star Soccer. The aim is to get the most goals in Arcade Mode.

Once you have done it, you need to show the world by taking a screenshot. This is an example of an acceptable screenshot:

If you do not submit a screenshot for this event, by the deadline of July 31

(exactly 3 days after the Olympic Cauldron is lit) then you will be eliminated.

Also, if of all the scores posted you have one of the 6 worst submitted then you will be eliminated.

If you score at least 28 goals (The amount of teams competing in the Olympics), you will automatically go through to Round 2 and if you get 1st, 2nd or 3rd in this round, you will earn points to give you a major advantage in the final. (3, 2 and 1 points respectively.)

You can see your current position and all scores in the spreadsheet, which you can see by clicking here.

Flag Post

Qualifier: Diving

To qualify and compete in Round 1, you must beat the Qualifier. You will be playing Dolphin Olympics 2, and must try to get to a height of at least 10m, which is the height of the main diving platform at this year’s Olympic Games. Everyone who completes the qualifier will move on to Round 1.

Once you have done it, you need to show the world by taking a screenshot. This is an example of an acceptable screenshot:

If you have problems taking a screenshot, or you have never done it before; don’t worry! It’s very easy and even a child can do it. Here are 5 easy steps to screenshot greatness:
1. Get a good score.
2. Press Print Screen/PrtSc on your keyboard (It’s usually near F12)
3. Open MS Paint or another image editing software, then paste the image you have print screened and save it.
4. Go to www.tinypic.com or another uploading site and upload your image. (If you use tinypic, you will need to “choose file” and tell it where your saved picture is.)
5. Copy the Direct Link for your file, and paste it as a reply to this board. Put a single exclamation mark (!) immediately before and immediately after your Direct Link to make it appear.

The Contest rules:
1. To compete you must complete a Qualifying Round based on Diving, which is explained in the next post. Everyone who completes the Qualifier moves on to Round 1. You have until the end of Round 1 to complete the qualifier. Both the Qualifier and Round 1 end on the 31st July, at exactly 3 days after the Olympic Cauldron is lit.
2. There will be 6 events, with Round 1 starting when the Olympic Cauldron is lit in the Opening Ceremony (28th July), and Round 6 ending when the Olympic Cauldron is extinguished in the Closing Ceremony. (12 August)
3. In each round there will be eliminations. Only a specific amount of people can pass each round and move on to the next round, so if you are not in the top scorers you will be eliminated.
4. There will be virtual medals handed out to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd places in each of the 6 main rounds. (No medals for the qualifier.) These medals will give you an advantage if you make it to Round 6.
5. Just like the real Olympics, we don’t allow any performance-altering substances. So no cheating, hacking or score editing. Everything must be above board!
6. If anything goes wrong, or you have any questions or concerns you can PM me, my co-host (SamsterSamster) or any of our fantastic spreadsheeters.
7. Have fun!

You can see your current position and all scores in the spreadsheet, which you can see by clicking here.

Oh, and the choice of 6 people to be eliminated comes from the fact that the Football at this year’s Olympic Games will be played at 6 different venues.

The Olympic flame was officially lit at 34 minutes past midnight on 28th July 2012. This time is verified by the BBC. (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/18906710). Round 1 ends 3 days after this, so the official end for Round 1 is:

00:34 31st July 2012

Flag Post

Can we have links to the games in the OPs?

Flag Post
Originally posted by uuu2:

^

Flag Post

This!

Flag Post

Flag Post

I suck at this game, I think.

Flag Post
Originally posted by videogames518:

This!

Added them in. I was doing it while you were saying. :-)
And go uuu and a turtle for being the first to post.

Flag Post

Hello Bronze Medal :P.

Flag Post

Sign. Give me a moment to edit in a Dolphin Olympics screenshot and Round 1 screenshot.

Flag Post

Update for the Gold.

Flag Post

Other one will be up shortly.

Flag Post

I have some time off. I plan on being competitive this time.

Flag Post

Qualifier Screenie:

You locked Qualifier, I said I would edit it in. Can I still be in this? Btw, I watched it lit ;).

Round 1:

Flag Post

OK, here’s a score to start me out.

Flag Post

The power of the mudkip is in me.

Flag Post

Flag Post

Flag Post

Best so far. Will spend all day getting a better score.

Flag Post

This puts me in first for now.

Flag Post

Now you’re 2nd. Also, what ePro said, that was just a joke.

Snap, was I supposed to check highscores? I haven’t been in a tournament in about…a year or so.

Flag Post

Flag Post

aturtledoesbite.Score += 2;

Flag Post

Edit: Whoops, forgot the high score. Here it is: