Forums Kongregate

A challenge for me (and maybe YOU!)

31 posts

Flag Post

Well, seeing as I’m level 15 with only about 15 badges left (most of which I cant be bothered to get or I suck at the game) I’ve decided to try and rate all of the 1922 games on the site (to pick up my free one point of ratingness). Not just zerg rating everything for the one point, but playing every game just to see how they all are, then rating them based on how good they actually are.

Now, kongregate, tell me: Am I crazy? Have I inspired anyone else to pick up their free 1922 (and counting) points? Will my hands explode from all the game playing?

Flag Post

I wouldnt do it but no your not crazy go ahead.

Flag Post

If your plan is to truly play the games and rate them as they deserve, then you are not crazy — rather, honorable. Some of the games will be really hard to find, though, since games under 2 stars are hidden from lists.

Flag Post

u can do it!

Flag Post

Wait so you cant find every game on the site.

Flag Post

Maybe people can hunt the games with under 2 stars and post the links to them here. That actually sounds like a really fun idea to me. Possibly we could make this a forum game?

Flag Post

Easy just go to MrCredsAlex`s page.

Flag Post

i had done that, untill greg decided to stop making rating games worth 5 points.

Flag Post

well if ur gonna do tht might wanna make it in the games forum and not this one XD

Flag Post

Hmm… Well, if the ones under two stars are hidden, then I might have some trouble. I’ll have to just go with 2 stars and above for now.

Flag Post

Go for It but man you must be crazy.

Flag Post

This will take much more than “a couple of hours” (not quoting you) to do. Or at least to do it properly. Something along a couple of hundreds of hours.

You have too much free time. Do you think that that amount of time (which cannot be reclaimed because of life, by the way :P) is as valuable as 2K-so points?

Flag Post

I agree with greg, it would definitely be honourable (stupid American English!). In fact, you should get an Impossible badge just for doing that!

But seriously, Hitaro is right. It will take a ridiculously amount of time. Plus it depends on whether or not you’ve set a timescale within which to do it, and if you stop at 1922 games, or also rate the games that come after your post.

With no time limit, it can be done. But be warned, you’ll come out on the other end being completely insane, especially seeing as there are quite a lot of crappy (on purpose) games that you’d have to play through as well.

Unless you stay above 2 stars, which should at least take care of MrCredsAlex. But Jude? Hmm.

Flag Post

Ill give him about 600 games before he hangs himslef

I agree with greg, it would definitely be honourable (stupid American English!).

of all the stupid things my people did creating english isn’t one

Flag Post

eh id say 601 before he does it :P

Flag Post

This is madness!

Flag Post

No!

This! Is! KONGREGATE!!!

Flag Post
  • pushes unproductive into a giant gaping hole *

Flag Post

noooooooooooooooo

Flag Post

Actually the sub 2 star games are probably the fastest/easiest to rate. There’s usually not much to them. It’s the 2-3 star games that will be the real slog. Some redeeming qualities so you need to play them a reasonable amount to fairly judge them…but not fun enough to make you really want to.

Flag Post

Oh, and Sprint45 — blame me for changing rating games to be worth just one point. It was my idea, and I’m the one who pushed it through because I thought at 5 points it was encouraging people to rate games without playing them, and because I wanted the points earned from achievements to mean more. But Greg did agree that it was the right to do, so ultimately it’s his fault, too.

Flag Post

i just miss getting tons of easy points.

Flag Post

Your not crazy, i did it twice just for fun…..* men in white suits come in the room and drag him away *

Flag Post

Um, did DarthNader say that the Americans invented the English language a few posts up?

Flag Post

I started to try and do this awhile back, but I limited myself to the puzzle and strategy games and I’m only about halfway through them. You would need a system for yourself so that you don’t miss any when new games are added. I would sort them by date posted and then start with the oldest games and work forward, or if you start with new games and work back, then every couple of days you would have to check page 1 to see if new games were added.

If you limited yourself to only about 3 minutes per game (many of the crappy games only require that much time), it would still take you 96 hours to rate 1922 games.