Forums Kongregate

Bring back /featured_games/list ?

10 posts

Flag Post

I rather liked the game recommendations view that sorted all the un-rated games by average rating, as it was good for helping me try out everything on the site and keep track from the game-list of what I hadn’t rated yet. However, I’ve noticed that in the last couple of weeks or so, that particular list went away.

Is there any chance that it’ll be coming back, or was it removed because it was too much of a processor load of some sort? I know the spot it had on the /games page was replaced by Greg’s Picks, but surely there’s somewhere else it could go if need be…

Flag Post

Agreed, that was where I found games I haven’t play yet, Greg picks are good but the recommended games list was a big help. And I don’t know why it was removed, I just want it back.

Flag Post

I don’t like Greg’s pick. The /featured_games/list is much better. :)

But recently I used it it often takes age to load……|||

Flag Post

It was removed because it was causing server problems. It will return once we either a) optimize the crap out of it or b) have big enough servers that we don’t care. Not sure which will happen first.

Flag Post

Ok, thank you emily.

Flag Post

Bringing back the Featured Games list is like asking for the Points Challenges to come back for now…

I miss them both.

Flag Post

Would it be possible to bring back the old page, except keep it hidden so only those who know the link can use it, and it won’t be on every game page load, so it doesn’t have much of an affect on the servers?

Flag Post

Nabb has a point.. and that way you all can test out your optimizations… =]

Flag Post

Would it be possible to bring back the old page, except keep it hidden so only those who know the link can use it, and it won’t be on every game page load, so it doesn’t have much of an affect on the servers?

As what happened to Idle 2. and the secret function in the chatroom, I believe this will be worldwide news before we even knew it.

Flag Post

Seeing as i just read about secrets and such, i must figure them out. Thanks, i appericate it. lol. Now imma go insane trying to figure it out.