Forums Kongregate

videogames518 Ego Inflation

28 posts

Flag Post

He may be 518 in videogames usernames on Kongregate, but he is first in interviews and in our hearts. <3<3<3 . d’awwww.

Hey videogames518 , mind if I ask your name?

My name’s Michael, but I prefer Mike.

Where do you live?

I live in New Jersey, USA.

How did you choose the username videogames518?

I came up with videogames518 because I like to play video games a lot, & the 518 represents my birthday, which is May 18. During the early days of this username, I have seen others call me VG for short, probably because they didn’t wanna type out the full username, but The more times I got called VG, the more I liked it, & so I eventually adopted it as my official username for any place that allows at least 2 character usernames. If I can’t have VG because of it being too short, I just use my original name you see right now.

VG it is! So how did you first find Kongregate.com?

Back in 2007, when I was a member of a forum board called Gamer Disclaimer, or GD for short, one of my friends called indie88 posted the link to Kongregate somewhere in the forums. I saw the link, clicked it, checked Kongregate out somewhat, made an account on July 5, 2007, & that was the start of my current 5+ years of being a Kong member.

Kongrats on 5+ years here at Kongregate! You have any favorite games?

My favorite Kong game……. uhm…… so hard to pick one, so I guess I don’t have a favorite game, but I do have some games favorited. Some of my favorited games include Farragomate (doesn’t work anymore D:), Transformice (who doesn’t like controlling their own mouse & throwing accessories on it & being part of a tribe, while at the same time trying to get cheese? :D), Platform Racing 2 (fun & it’s a classic of Kong), & more.

I see you mention The Red Bucket and Hall of Odin as favored chat rooms. Any other chat rooms, Kongregrate friends on here you would like to mention?

Ah yes, TRB & HoO, 2 of the most interesting rooms I’ve been in during my stay on Kong. I haven’t been in HoO for a while, so not much to say about it, but the fact that it was practically the 1st room that I had a fair sized group of friends in at once. TRB, I still frequent here & there, since it tends to have interesting chats going on from time to time. To be honest, I don’t have a set room that I will frequent the majority of the time, since I tend to wander rooms here & there. The room of late I’ve been hanging out in has been LABYRINTH, which is another room that I’ve managed to see a decent sized group of friends in at once, & like HoO & TRB, it too has interesting chats in it. For my friends in HoO, TRB, & LABYRINTH, this is for you guys…… You have made my stay in those rooms quite enjoyable, & I thank you guys for it. You guys rule! :D

I may be going too far with this next question. I see your favorite foods and drink are cheese pizza, tacos, and chocolate milk.
…have you ever had all three? At once?

Hell Yeah! There have been a few times where I had tacos with cheese pizza, while drinking some cold, refreshing chocolate milk, all at the same time. _

I saw your deviantart . You make great use of green, and Broly works at McDonald’s?

Green is one of my favorite colors, as well as Blue. :) Broly working for McDonalds was a random idea that popped into my head that I ended up drawing. That, & with the way the economy is, even overly bulky murderous psychopath villains gotta survive somehow, & if getting a minimum wage job at McDonalds is the way to survive, so be it. Also, if you wondering, all of the DBZ related drawings in my Deviant Art, I drew because I was inspired by ARDBZ (Alternate Reality Dragonball Z), a parody series made by SSJGozar.

You have any favorite movies, favorite books, a favorite character?

Honestly, I don’t have a favorite movie, though I do like watching movies. I hate reading books, so meh to that. Games, I could never decide what I like the best because a lot of them are just so good & fun to play, that there really is no choosing. Same thing goes for choosing a character to be if given the choice, a lot of them are good in their own way, that there is no best one for me to pick. :)

Kongrats again on 5 years on Kongregate. What are some of your experiences here you’d like to share?

Thanks for the Gratz on my 5+ years :D

My favorite experiences on Kong are definitely when I make & chat with friends, playing a variety of games, especially since the tournies try to pick games that haven’t been used much or at all yet, & just having fun reading/having a part in the forums.

I have never played in the tournaments. It seems like you have had a lot of experience and success with them. Could you please share some of that experience?

The tournaments, is definitely a good challenge when competing in them. Hell, even hosting or co-hosting them is a challenge in itself. When competing in a tourney, you have to play each round’s game even more intensely than you normally would if you hope to advance, though there are times you can be a little relaxed on the gameplay, depending on how competitive the other people in the tourney are. When I competed for the 1st time in th Goliathan Konquet & came in 2nd, I was soooo disappointed that I didn’t win, but at the same time I was also quite proud of myself for doing so well. When I finally did win a tourney, or should I say 2 tournies, which were both during The Kompetition & Kongrefeint, which were back to back respectfully, I was estatic for both of my wins, even if my 2nd win was part of a 3-way tie. Winning felt soooo good because it gave me the satisfaction of finally overcoming a tough obstacle that took me a while to do.

Kongrats on the successes in the tournaments! I imagine a lot of work goes into setting up these tournaments. Do you have any advice for other users interested in getting involved or starting their own tournaments?

For the majority of the tournies I’ve been a part of, I’ve spreadsheeted more times than either competing or hosting/co-hosting, with co-hosting not being too far behind. I’ve had quite a good amount of fun spreadsheeting for the tournies because some tourney hosts allow spreadsheeters to have some fun with the spreadsheet, & also being a spreadsheeter allowed me to learn some stuff about the spreadsheet as well as allow me to see how well some competitors really do when they compete. When hosting a tourney, that is a real challenge in itself, probably even more challenging than competing in one, since you have to figure out what games to use, determine how many rounds there will be, find backup games, determine how many people get eliminated per round, if there are eliminations, what to do if someone is suspected of cheating, getting your staff together (spreadsheeters/co-hosts), etc. So, my advice for anyone who wants to host their own tourney would be to compete in and/or spreadsheet/co-host for some tournies before attempting to host one, so that way, it will be easier to host since you will most likely have an idea of how to run it.

Brownies, what is your opinion?

Not much of a brownie person, but they are pretty good.

The witch in Snow White used an apple to cast her spell. The witch in Brave used a cake to cast her spell. Have witches gone too far, and should cake be considered “Switzerland” by witches?

Wait!, what? Using cake to cast spells? :O Someone should remind them that the cake is a lie. A lie I tells ya! As for being considered “Switzerland”, maybe not, wouldn’t wanna give that country the same reputation that cake has. :P

Vampire hunting. Zombie apocalypse. Any protips would be appreciated to survive either one.

If you’re already undead, you don’t have to worry about it. If you’re living flesh, well then…….. stock up on a hell of a lot of food & ammunition, cause you might have to hold down your fort for quite a while. Better hope that they don’t remember how to use doors. :P

What’s your favorite quote?

most certainly “VG Hungry! VG Smash!”

Your comments on this photo from the Mars Curiosity rover?

From what I can make out, it’s basically aliens saying GTFO & let us live in peace! Maybe that’s why UFO sightings keep happening, cause the aliens are so pissed at humans for invading their planet, that they decide to retaliate by coming to Earth.

Vanilla or Chocolate?

2 of my favorite flavors, but I’m more of a Vanilla fan.

Flag Post

Thanks for the interview…er…ego inflation experience videogames518. You really helped me work out a lot of ideas being first to do this.

I didn’t ask you about your Kong cards , or your website link . So much more to ask about!

Flag Post

Nice interview, I’ll be waiting for more :)

Will you be keeping the links to the interviews in a list somewhere?

Flag Post

No problem, glad that I helped ya work on a lot of ideas. :)

If you want, I can answer any further questions you might have for me, since I enjoyed doing the interview.

Flag Post
Originally posted by MadJedi:

Nice interview, I’ll be waiting for more :)

Will you be keeping the links to the interviews in a list somewhere?

I moved them to the first post in the sign-up thread

Flag Post

Oh. I want a interview D: This seems really fun. :D My question is, Do you think Chocolate tastes good on everything?

Flag Post

Why do you like Kongregate

Flag Post

I’ll be after the next one. Yay.

Flag Post

I came up with videogames518 because I like to play video games a lot, & the 518 represents my birthday, which is May 18.

*mindblown* Now I know!

Flag Post

y u no ask “what’s your favorite animal”?

Flag Post

Great interview! Really interesting to hear all about VG but I have to say great job on the very detailed questions!

Can you put my name down on the interview list please?

Flag Post

There are going to be some interviews on this website in a little http://ot4um.com/

Flag Post

Nice interview VG/Jesse!

Can’t wait until the next one.

Flag Post
Originally posted by CowFriend:

y u no ask “what’s your favorite animal”?

idk y?

You’re the first person to suggest a question, to I’ll try to ask everyone from now on, and call this one the cowfriend question contribution.

Originally posted by SamsterSamster:

Great interview! Really interesting to hear all about VG but I have to say great job on the very detailed questions!

Can you put my name down on the interview list please?

Sure, just ask videogames518 a question? I don’t want his interview thread to feel like an alternative sign-up sheet.

Originally posted by WiiPlayer113:

Nice interview VG/Jesse!

Can’t wait until the next one.

Thanks WiiPlayer113! I think I’ll start putting up dates for the interviews, and plan at least the next 5 for Monday-Friday, and spend some time this weekend editing.personalizing some of the interviews. I can’t wait until the next one either. :)

Flag Post

cowfriend question contribution
videogames518, what is your favorite animal?

lol follow-up question:
If cows are your favorite animal, do you consider them your friends? If not, why do you hate them more than your supposed favorite animal?

Flag Post

Very awesome, Jesse!

Flag Post

Enjoyed reading the interview, nice work – look forward the others

Flag Post
Originally posted by JesseMH8:

cowfriend question contribution
videogames518, what is your favorite animal?

lol follow-up question:
If cows are your favorite animal, do you consider them your friends? If not, why do you hate them more than your supposed favorite animal?

Yay, more questions for me to answer! Let’s see……

My favorite animal would probably be……. a cat. Hard to choose between cats & dogs, but I think I’m a little bit more of a cat person.

I don’t hate cows at all. Without them, where would stores get milk from for me to buy for making chocolate milk? :P

Flag Post

kool interview!

Flag Post

Question to VG: What’s the first life experience you can remember?

Flag Post
Originally posted by SamsterSamster:

Question to VG: What’s the first life experience you can remember?

Wow, interesting question.

The earliest I can remember was when I was still baby-toddlerish, I bit into a whole raw onion & started crying afterwards. I unfortunately don’t remember details of why I bit into the onion or what happened after I was crying, but yeah, I still somehow have that memory of when I was that young, & I guess that’s the reason why I don’t like onions.

Flag Post

Some of these should be on the Community Spotlight.

Flag Post

Thanks for all the kind replies, I appreciate it.

Flag Post

VG – I loved the Broly at McDs pic! Great idea and drawing :) Really fun interview! Thank you VG and Jesse for doing this.

Flag Post

Great interview.

VG, is a truly incredible competitor. Take my word for it.