Forums Kongregate

Ugly adds in Kongregate

10 posts

Flag Post

Hello all,

Today I logged in here and saw this http://i45.tinypic.com/219xb2s.png

Do you think this is right? I mean… there are kids playing here. This is gross. And they put it in the homepage. Why Kongregate?! Can’t you find better adds to show us?

Flag Post

You can report an advertisement by contacting support@kongregate.com. First, you need to screenshot the ad target link. To do so, you need the inspect element feature, which is available in FireFox if you download FireBug and Google Chrome. For FireFox, launch the FireBug addon and click on the ad. Once it’s done, expand the tab, scroll up until “div id=\”google_ads_div_kong….\" appears on top and take a screenshot of the code. Simply upload this screenshot to an image sharing website and copy-paste its link in the report. Chrome’s inspect element works in a similar way Firefox’s does but it doesn’t require any download. Simply right-click the ad and click “inspect element” to access the code.

Flag Post

What you need to do is report the ad.

Check out this thread on how to do so.

Flag Post

So, you’re a beautiful minuses man, I take it?

Flag Post

Like others said, you can report the advertisement if you deem it to be inappropriate.

As a side note, you may also want to download AdBlock Plus for your browser, which blocks ads on sites you visit, such as Kongregate (which can mean less lag while you browse the site), though you’d be lowering revenue that the sites get since people blocking ads prevents the sites getting revenue for the ads, as you don’t view them.

Flag Post

Most ad- providers are search based.
Just use an adblocker => Problem solved
Edit Ninja’d

Flag Post
Originally posted by shadowmariokid:

Like others said, you can report the advertisement if you deem it to be inappropriate.

As a side note, you may also want to download AdBlock Plus for your browser, which blocks ads on sites you visit, such as Kongregate (which can mean less lag while you browse the site), though you’d be lowering revenue that the sites get since people blocking ads prevents the sites getting revenue for the ads, as you don’t view them.

Yeah, I don’t think an admin would be very fond about you using AdBlock. :3

I generally keep my AdBlock off, and turn it on once audio/video ads come on. Those things can irritate me, especially when playing a game like the SCGMD series…
Just a tip if you’re gonna use AdBlock.

But back to the original topic, just follow what has already been stated above me. :)

Flag Post

At first I was like… oh probably more MMO boobs…

then I saw it and was like.

Also see above for helpful things to do about this problem.

Flag Post

I find the add advertising for the MMO that says something like, “Make love against the evils of war with her.”

I have no idea what the game is about, but I hope that it somehow uses Kinect.

Flag Post

How many beautiful subs are there on Kongregate?