Forums Kongregate

SilentSand Ego Inflation

27 posts

Flag Post

SilentSand is a highly trained warrior, searching the far corners of the globe to continue to strengthen his abilities in the martial arts: jujitsu, ninjitsu, kung fu, viking hand-to-hand fighting, and of course flash gaming.

Hi SilentSand, what name do you go by irl? If it is SilentSand, that would be quite EPIC.

My name’s Michael Petersen. I don’t mind giving it out, because both names are fairly common, even together.

Hmmm. Cool name, two fairly common names just like…Bruce Wayne. Obviously you are Batman.

Me and Bruce Wayne? Not a thing in common. Why, I’ve never even heard of the so called Batman!

So, “Not Batman,” where are you at right now?

Does the moon count as an answer?

Yes, it counts. Except I will consider “the moon” to mean “not the batcave,” except it really is the batcave.

How did you come up with the username SilentSand? Was Batman already taken?

Well, I would never reveal my identity on-I mean, I picked out the name “SilentRain” on a different site, which I thought was pretty cool and ironic and edgy. But it seemed somebody had stolen my completely original idea when I went to sign up for a different site. So I just substituted sand, and the name SilentSand has rarely ever been taken since.

So how did you find Kongregate?

I found this through looking up gaming sites. I went to Armor Games for a while, but they weren’t updating their page very often. I played some game here and noticed there were achievements. Sometime after that, I got around to signing up so I could get them.

Do you have any favorite parts of the Forums?

I used to be an active member of the Forum Games Forum. They’re a fairly close community, since there are only ever a few members for there longer than a week, and they stay there pretty long.

Now my only activity is participating in gaming tournaments. Which are pretty fun, with some really nice people. I’d love for everybody to join in competing.

Are there any chat rooms you are in regularly?

I’ve chatted in The Giant Shoe and now Chaos Theory. There are nice people in the first one. Not the second.

Anybody you would like to give a shout-out?

A shout-out? Caesar, Ben_B, racefan14, SargeSteve, wiiplayer113, knio, videogames518 and BadgeHuntersAnon. I choose them because they all played Tetris with me.

And I beat them all.

Badly.

Are you a Brony?

I am not a fan yet. I have attempted to watch through the series, but I could only manage the first episode before I gave up. My opinion on Bronies is that it’s just another cult following, but it’s grown faster due to the er, strangeness in the relationship between show and fan. Mainly the tiny disparity between targeted viewer and the average brony.

The witch in Snow White used an apple to cast her spell. The witch in Brave used a cake to cast her spell. Have witches gone too far, and should cake be considered “Switzerland” by witches?

Witches aren’t real. These people were actually aliens.
And no, that is an insult to delicious, delicious cake

What do you think of roleplay in chat?

No.

What do you do when you’re not on Kongregate?

…What do you mean not on Kongregate?

How do you like Kongregate+? Any features you particularly enjoy?

No ads. And Beta. But no ads is something that I love.

What are your thoughts on global warming, especially considering this most recent piece of questionable visual evidence?

This image is clearly shopped. You’d take the feathers off before cooking it over a fire. Nobody likes burnt feathers.

Vampire hunting. Zombie apocalypse. Any protips would be appreciated to survive either one.

Vampires are weak to manliness. Manliness usually comes in the form of lots of big guns.

Zombies are weak to lots of big guns.

Tip of the day: You will survive if you have big guns. And lots of them. Get yours today!

What are some of your favorite quotes?

“LEVEL 5 MUSTACHE DETECTED." – Fracktail
or,
“Beef? I am lacking in beef. Fawful is beefless.” -Fawful

Your comments on this photo from the Mars Curiosity rover?

What hateful people. Planetists!
Also, yanks? Why would they use that word?

Are you a fan of poetry?

No. I am not a fan, I am a person.
Besides, e.e. cummings is the greatest poet ever. There is no comparison.

Megaman as malware
Propaganda from Dr. Light, or is Megaman a terrorist? Do you have any conspiracy theories or unknown backstories to games you want to share?

Megaman is a terrorist, no doubt about it. He destroys everything he finds. Down with Megaman!
Gengar is Clefable’s shadow.
Ditto is a failed Mew.
Gary’s raticate was killed.
Cubone is a baby Kangaskhan.
Player’s father died during the war.
Voltorbs are pokeballs possessed by a Haunter.
Cloysters and Shellders’s are just Gastly’s.

Flag Post

Thanks Silent Sand, this was a lot of fun!

Would it have been ironic if I asked why a nail was the most ironic thing you know?

Flag Post

Nice interview!

Sand, when I eventually get on a computer or laptop with Internet, I want a Tetris rematch! :P

Flag Post

SilentSand y u no dis avatar

Flag Post

Would it have been ironic if I asked why a nail was the most ironic thing you know?

The answer is: “Maybe”

Vg, you’ll have your rematch. I’ll take you on anytime!
Thanks Jesse for doing this. I’m looking forward to future ones. :P

Edit@Cowfriend: Actually, I think I should go back to that one. But I’ve got to celebrate greg first.

Flag Post
Originally posted by JesseMH8:

What are your thoughts on global warming, especially considering this most recent piece of questionable visual evidence?

HOW DARE POLAR BEARS DO THAT TO PENGUINS?!? :,,(( I hate polar bears now, thanks Jesse.

Flag Post

racefan14

Who is that? Never heard of a racefan14, but a racefan12… But anyways, a nice interview.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Bluji:

racefan14

Who is that? Never heard of a racefan14, but a racefan12… But anyways, a nice interview.

Racefan14 is actually racefan12’s 2nd clone. It’s a well kept secret, but I thought you should know.

Flag Post

Oooh, I got a shout-out.

I don’t recall playing Tetris with you. It was probably awhile ago.

Flag Post
Originally posted by hamuka:

HOW DARE POLAR BEARS DO THAT TO PENGUINS?!? :,,(( I hate polar bears now, thanks Jesse.

I lost one of my best friends to polar bears. Also, Silent is correct. We taste awful with feathers. not that I’m a cannibal

Flag Post

This was an interesting interview, mine’s next Monday! :D And I look forward to the next 4 in the next 4 days. :P

Flag Post

A shout-out? Caesar, Ben_B, racefan14, SargeSteve, wiiplayer113, knio, videogames518 and BadgeHuntersAnon. I choose them because they all played Tetris with me.

And I beat them all.

Badly.

Hey now, I beat you 4 times in a row yesterday! FOUR!

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ben_B:

And I beat them all.

Badly.

Hey now, I beat you 4 times in a row yesterday! FOUR!

Yeah, it was such a sad moment for me. D:
I take confidence in the fact that I still led in wins by a fair amount.
I swear that I’ll never let it happen again!

Flag Post

I have come to the conclusion that SilentSand is Batman. As such, since I found out the secret you have no choice but to make me Robin, as per your character.

Flag Post

I want a rematch D: I at least won once, you are just too good. :)

Flag Post
Megaman is a terrorist, no doubt about it. He destroys everything he finds. Down with Megaman!
Gengar is Clefable’s shadow.
Ditto is a failed Mew.
Gary’s raticate was killed.
Cubone is a baby Kangaskhan.
Player’s father died during the war.
Voltorbs are pokeballs possessed by a Haunter.
Cloysters and Shellders’s are just Gastly’s.

This makes perfect sense! GENIUS!!!

Flag Post

these interviews are so cool, wish more gaming sites would allow this if they do at all, not many of them keep up the good work!

Flag Post
Originally posted by SilentSand:
Originally posted by Bluji:

racefan14

Racefan14 is actually racefan12’s 2nd clone. It’s a well kept secret, but I thought you should know.

………………..

Just for revealing that, I’m going to have to beat you in Tetris again.

Flag Post

We all need to have some 6 player Tetris battles sometime :D

Flag Post

What Tetris do you guys play on? Tetris Friends?

Flag Post
Originally posted by CowFriend:

What Tetris do you play on? Tetris Friends?

Yes.

Flag Post

Holy mother batman, that was a quick reply.

Flag Post

I feel the love, Not Batman. I’m going to have to get back to Tetris and take you down, obviously.

Flag Post

I would like to apologize to penguins, penguin-lovers, and the entire penguin community for that picture. My hope is that by posting this picture, these polar bears can be brought to justice. Polar bears live near the North Pole, Penguins live near the South Pole. These three Polar Bears got a job at Taco Bell for the summer, and when crunchwrap supremes were not enough to satisfy their hunger, they broke the long standing Polar bear/penguin treaty. I believe the one on the far right is name Eugene McGillicutty.

Please know that I am doing everything I can to bring attention to this issue.

Flag Post

“Do you have any favorite parts of the Forums?

I used to be an active member of the Forum Games Forum."

Is that like The Department of Redundancy Department? :P