Forums Kongregate

Ericzander Ego Inflation

15 posts

Flag Post

Meet Ericzander , working his way to getting every badge on the site. Thanks for taking some time out on your way to the Kongregate mountaintop to answer a few questions.

STUPID QUESTION ALERT: Your username is Ericzander, would you mind if I ask your real name?

Ha, not a stupid question (really!) and no Ericzander is not my real name. Back in 7th grade my friend said that I looked like this kid Alexander who was also his friend. He didn’t want to ever mix us up so he just added the zander to my name (which made it more confusing) but the name stuck ever since!

Your avatar is the epic picture my avatar dreams about being at night. How, besides on a scale of one to EPIC, did you decide this would be your avatar picture?

Well, I don’t quite remember if my friend made this one for me or if he just googled it, but I got it from a friend! My old avatar was a picture of a cartoon bear looking very evil (not pedo-bear), but I soon got bored of it, and I love the Zelda games and MM is my favorite, so I just asked my friend from gamespot to get me a picture of Oni-Link and this is the result!

How did you find Kongregate?

Honestly, I was looking for a Tetris-style game and I came across 99 Bricks (And four years and 766 badges later, I have yet to get the impossible!)

What is your favorite game on Kongregate?

Almost certainly the Monster’s Den series, I really love the first one though (I even have a top comment in it!) That’s one of the few games that I play more than once. I haven’t played the latest one yet but I will be sure to for my 1000th badge!

Do you have a favorite chat room?

I used to drift from chatroom to chatroom and the first time I settled was in Impossible is Nothing, back when MrRubix was still active. After the room seemed to die down I switched the The Cliff where I frequent now. The people in both rooms are awesome but I especially like the Cliff because some cool people who I know are always on.

Any friends on here you would like to mention or give a shout out?

I’d like to mention that when I read your interview with VG I instantly remembered him from another site. We’ve been messaging each other and remembering old times. Shoutout to him and everyone else who may have made it from Gozarland. Sikness95, Kamikazi0, Nenga1. And also to my actual brother Emusicianc, and last, but not least, my girlfriend (at the amazing level of 3) who for some reason thinks I’m not completely worthless, awrona65.

A.R.I.A. Episode One, The Anti-Ryue-Invasion-Alliance. I tried and tried again, but the universe still weeps for all of civilization. I see you made the game on a short timeline(school starting), but what were your inspirations for the game, and are there any plans for Episode 5…errr…2?

Oh God, honestly I’ve just been so interested in making flash games because of this site that I just had to make one! Honestly, I wanted it to be better but I’m not too upset because it was my first game and only took a few days to complete. All the drawings and sprites were made by me (drawn mostly in paint) and even the font is my own! Yes I’m planning on making more, and to make the current one better but I need more practice and time first (I go to college on August 16th!)

What do you do when you’re not on Kongregate?

I have a girlfriend who I try to spend as much time with as I can when I’m not on. I also like to workout at the gym and lately I’ve been reading old Spiderman and Batman comics. I like to write also and talk to my friends.

Any favorites so far out of the old comics you are reading?

Out of all that I’ve been reading, my favorite was by far the graphic novel Batman: Year One. Although it’s technically not a back issue (written in 1988 I think) it still took place early on canonically and is an amazing story even to those who aren’t Batman fans.

On A.R.I.A. Episode One, The Anti-Ryue-Invasion-Alliance, you mention you are starting school. What are you going to study at school, and what are your plans after that?

I’m going for my MIS (Management Information Systems) degree at Eastern Illinois, and my dream is to help with the computing at a pharmacy working alongside my girlfriend of three years who is going to be a pharmacist.

Are you a Brony? yes or no? Your opinion on Bronies?

Honestly, I’ve only seen one episode of MLP just for the laughs. It didn’t attract me to it like it seems to with other guys. I don’t have a problem with them.

The witch in Snow White used an apple to cast her spell. The witch in Brave used a cake to cast her spell. Have witches gone too far, and should cake be considered “Switzerland” by witches?

A wise man once said “There are two kinds of people I hate in this world. Intolerant people, and the Swiss!” That is all I have to say about that.

Vampire hunting, Zombie apocalypse, any protips would be appreciated to survive either one.

When it comes to vampires, just go outside right before dawn and get the vampires to chase you into the sunlight, it will do one of two things. They will either die, or sparkle. If they die you’re safe, if they sparkle you were never really in danger. As for zombies I heard that if you take the protagonist from the last book you read, last movie you’ve seen, and last game you played, you’d have your zombie survival team. I have Spider-man, Batman, and the blue demon from the Reincarnation series. I’m set.

What do you think of roleplay in chat?

In chat? It depends on the type of RP. If it’s fighting than chat isn’t the way to go, you’d need to be in the forums where you can type a lot and then give your opponent time to think before attacking back. When I was much younger I used to play around with that, my name was Donaldg on other websites but I don’t feel like getting into that. If RPing is your thing than have fun with it!

What is your favorite animal?

I love all types of canines. From every type or wolf to every type of dog. I can’t get enough of them!

What is the first life experience you can remember?

It was in black and white, I ran around the house punching stuff and opening and closing cabinets. I was angry, I think.

What are your thoughts on global warming, especially considering this most recent piece of questionable visual evidence?

Well, the polar bears seem to be having fun.

Here’s a few quotes, tell me the first thing that comes to mind.

“Kitty!” ~Boo, Monster’s Inc.
“MIKE WAZOWSKI!”

“Most ignorance is vincible ignorance. We don’t know because we don’t want to know.” ~Aldous Huxley
Hence the excuse YOLO working for everything nowadays.

“Friends! Help! A guinea pig tricked me!” ~Dr. Zoidberg, Futurama
YOUR QUOTE IS AWESOME, AND YOU SHOULD FEEL AWESOME!

“Shut up Brain! I have friends now. I don’t need you anymore!” ~Lisa Simpson, Simpsons
If you effectively shut off your brain you can then randomly scream YOLO to justify everything. DON’T SHUT OFF YOUR BRAIN!

Megaman is actually malware? Is this propaganda from Dr. Light, or is Megaman a terrorist? Do you have any conspiracy theories or unknown backstories to games you want to share?
Megaman as malware

I will never play Megaman the same again. That is all.

Your comments on this photo from the Mars Curiosity rover?

Dey… Dey… DEY TOOK ER JERRRRBS!!!

Nice to meet you Ericzander!

Nice to meet you too! Thanks for the interview, I feel purposeful now, lol. Take care.

Flag Post

Thanks for the great interview Ericzander!
Have you started reading The Long Halloween (Batman/Two-Face) graphic novel? It is hard to follow up Batman:Year One.

Flag Post
Originally posted by JesseMH8:

Thanks for the great interview Ericzander!
Have you started reading The Long Halloween (Batman/Two-Face) graphic novel? It is hard to follow up Batman:Year One.

It is hard to follow it up. Sadly, I found out I don’t OWN The Long Halloween, so instead I am just going to read the Dark Knight Returns before tomorrow (when college starts!) and hopefully that will give me my Batman fix for a few weeks.

Flag Post
I have Spider-man, Batman, and the blue demon from the Reincarnation series. I’m set.

The purple demon has a less famous blue brother? :O
How eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevil!

Flag Post
Originally posted by DarkRainyKnight:
I have Spider-man, Batman, and the blue demon from the Reincarnation series. I’m set.

The purple demon has a less famous blue brother? :O
How eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevil!

DO’AH! I must be retarded. I meant purple lol.

Flag Post

A nice fun read.
Good to know you, ericzander!

Man, I love the Monster’s Den series too.

Flag Post

I only read interviews of people that I know.

What is wrong with me.

Flag Post
Originally posted by CowFriend:

What is wrong with me.

It means you don’t love me :(. Haha it’s okay, I probably won’t end up reading every interview either.

Flag Post

I used to own the Cliff! Good to know that some people are still getting a kick out of it. punts off cliff

Flag Post
Originally posted by Livzy:

I used to own the Cliff! Good to know that some people are still getting a kick out of it. punts off cliff

The force of this pun hurts more than falling off a cliff.

Flag Post

What is wrong with me.

I read them all, what is wrong with you? :P

Flag Post
Originally posted by JesseMH8:

What is wrong with me.

I read them all, what is wrong with you? :P

Haha. Yeah guys, in the middle of my first day of college today and it is… Just strange lol.

Flag Post

College isn’t strange, just the people are.

Flag Post

Nice interview!

Flag Post

Yay for the shout out! :D

very nice interview. :)