Forums Kongregate

MachuPichu Ego Inflation

16 posts

Flag Post

Meet MachuPichu, who has taken on the daring task of dropping two c’s and be recognized as the great gaming wonder of the world, instead of that place made of rocks and stuff on some high hill in Peru.

Hi MachuPichu, may I ask your real name?

My full name is Zaephod Bobby Ronacher Beeblebrox.

It looks like the two c’s you dropped came back as alien names. So where are you?
Florida, USA

What is the origin of your username?
Origin: As a youthful little 13yr old spelling prodigy, I didn’t know what to name myself on this new site called Kongregate. I did my traditional method for coming up with names, and chose a random letter on my Keyboard, M, and from there Machu Picchu popped into my head. Luckily, I was so good at spelling that I knew it’d be better as Pichu not Picchu.

Zaephod Beeblebrox, Macchu Picchu, Machu Pichu. You are definitely a spelling champion. How did you find Kongregate?

Warlords: Call to Arms. There was Kong specific content that I very much wanted to play.

What is your favorite game on Kongregate? :

:The Game: It’s very, very quirky.

Imagine a celebrity or someone in your life is on Kongregate(idk, like one of your teachers plays tdp4 and types in all caps in chat about how she PWNS EVERYONE)?

If it were one of my teachers, I’d make sure 1st, everybody in my class would be able to recognize their accounts, then 2nd screenshot them talking about PWNING NOOBS YO and tape copies all over their classroom. Teh shits and giggles would be rampant.

Do you have a favorite chat room? You have any favorite part of the forums? Any friends on here you would like to mention or give a shout out?

MalFunction. I don’t go in there much anymore, but the run I had there is full of more memories that I might ever have on Kong. Braves, Squall, and all the others did something right there.

Labyrinth would be my 2nd choice. It used to be Purple Haze, which I give an honorable RIP and a shoutout to Live2Die for doing good in there, but after a long string of events, MadJedi has taken over and made it somewhat of a relaxing chatroom to regular in. There’s been a bad influx of summer noobs recently, but I’m looking forward to a future there.

Chill Lounge… Probably the room with the most personality I’ve ever used. Nerds and idiots. Prudes and Whores. Awesome people and assholes… it’s a huge mish-mosh that I fit right into. Even after a year of this, of old regs leaving, returning to complain about the new state of the room, newbies finding a home, awesome mods leaving, not returning, then returning out of the blue like a god sent from Zeus… obviously when not needed but always wanted.

Why do you game?

It’s a hobby, a habit and an addiction. Some people grow up listening to music or being a movie junkie, I grew up with videogames. I really can’t explain why I do it, but it’s just something to do if there’s nothing else going on. The idea that I’ve actually gotten better at it makes it worth the time put in.

What do you do when you’re not on Kongregate?

I sleep, eat, ponder life, play hockey, row in crew, sleep more, go to school, attempt at a social life. You know? Normal stuff.

I know you like hockey. Do you like any other sports?

I used to run cross country, then I realized it was a horrible horrible thing, so now I row in crew. As for other sports, I honestly don’t have a problem with any of them. If you play a sport that you love, then you should do it.

What position do you play in hockey?

I generally prefer Right Wing, although over the years I’ve played everywhere but goaltender.

What are some your favorite hockey experiences so far?

Other than moving to prep school this previous year to play hockey there, my proudest memory is from 2004, when my squirt hockey team went up to Pelham, Ontario in Canada and won the Silversticks International Hockey Tournament. To make it even sweeter, after many years of my organization going to this tournament, my team was the 1st to win the whole thing!

Do you like to watch hockey? Do you have a favorite team?

The only thing 2nd to playing is watching. I’m pretty traditional, so my favorite team is from my home town, The Tampa Bay Lightning, but besides them I support The Detroit Red Wings and The Dallas Stars.

You get to build your hockey dream team, who is on it and why? Who is/are your favorite player(s)?

Forwards: 1. Wayne Gretzky 2. Mario Lemieux 3. Mark Messier 4. Steven Stamkos 5. Martin St. Louis 6. Brad Richards 7. Sydney Crosby 8. Jaromir Jagr 9. Pavel Datsyuk 10. Simon Gagne 11. Steve Yzerman 12. Jarome Iginla

Defense: 1.Zdeno Chara 2. Niklas Lidstrom 3. Bobby Orr 4. Ray Borque 5. Dan Boyle 6. Scott Niedermayer 7. Brian Leetch 8. Chris Pronger

Goaltender: Brian Brodeur, Patrick Roy, Nikolai Khabibulin

Because awesome players deserve to be listed together.

The witch in Snow White used an apple to cast her spell. The witch in Brave used a cake to cast her spell. Have witches gone too far, and should cake be considered “Switzerland” by witches?

I… But the… What?

Vampire hunting, Zombie apocalypse, any protips would be appreciated to survive either one.

When hunting vampires, I can’t help you. I’ve been infected twice and still don’t know what to do.
Zombies are easier though, a well garrisoned building with a single entrance containing a pressure plate and many many many saw blades to slice the zombies that stumble through it.

What are your thoughts on global warming, especially considering this most recent piece of questionable visual evidence?

Why are they eating that penguin!?!?!

What’s your favorite quote?

Tyler Durden: Man, I see in fight club the strongest and smartest men who’ve ever lived. I see all this potential, and I see squandering. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don’t need. We’re the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War’s a spiritual war… our Great Depression is our lives. We’ve all been raised on television to believe that one day we’d all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won’t. And we’re slowly learning that fact. And we’re very, very pissed off.

What are your thoughts on global warming, especially considering this most recent piece of questionable visual evidence?

They ate another penguin!?!?!?

Your comments on this photo from the Mars Curiosity rover?

Apparently Martians are Red Sox fans. Who knew? Maybe their socks are red there so they Boston.

To top it off, back to Kongregate. You’ve been on here since November 22, 2008 and earned 1600 badges to show for it, do you do much else besides game?

Use chat mostly. I’ve been in, I think, five forum tournaments but I’ve never been much of a forum junkie. Earlier this summer I tried my luck at programming with Adobe Flash but I didn’t have enough interest to keep it up. Sneak preview for the future though, after some late-night inspiration I might have stumbled upon a brilliant idea for a game if I can get around to putting it into reality myself or finding a talented developer to give birth to the idea for me.

Flag Post

Nice interview. Neeeext!

Flag Post

Thanks for being patient MachuPichu, you had this done about a week ago. Thank you for a great interview.

Very cool story about the Silversticks International Hockey Tournament. Did you get to see much of Pelham, Ontario?

There has to be room for one more awesome player in Zaephod Bobby Ronacher Beeblebrox on his own dream team!

Great quote from Fight Club. If you haven’t read the book(not really a spoiler, as it happens early on, but pretty graphic!!!),

After Marla learns they used her Mom to make soap, Tyler Durden tells a joke:

“If Marilyn Monroe was alive right now, what would she be doing?”

“Clawing at the lid of her coffin.”

Flag Post
Hi MachuPichu, may I ask your real name?

My full name is Zaephod Bobby Ronacher Beeblebrox.

OMG! Is that really you, Zaephod??? :O

It was bad enough looking at one picture of that leg-spread bear, now you put two pictures??? Thanks a lot Jesse… :-P

Flag Post
Zaephod Bobby Ronacher Beeblebrox.

You mean son of Zaephod Bobby Ronacher Beeblebrox Senior?!

Why are they eating that penguin!?!?!

I know right… that’s my cousin. :(

Flag Post
It was bad enough looking at one picture of that leg-spread bear, now you put two pictures??? Thanks a lot Jesse… :-P

I wish I had never looked closely at the bear… now I have. D:

Flag Post
Originally posted by MachuPichu:

I wish I had never looked closely at the bear… now I have. D:

You’re welcome X)

Flag Post

When is it my turn to get interviewed? :P

Flag Post

I stopped for a minute when I saw that polar bear pic twice :P

Flag Post
Originally posted by uzzbuzz:

You were looking at that one’s junk, weren’t you?

Flag Post
Originally posted by DarkRainyKnight:

Now I can’t unsee it D:

Flag Post

Now I can’t unsee it D:

ROFL

Flag Post

Cool interview!

Flag Post

Now I can’t unsee it D:

things you can’t unsee from Web Soup (look it up on youtube). This belongs there.

Flag Post

Whoo! My old username was included.
Aren’t I special. ;3

Very nice interview.

Flag Post
Whoo! My old username was included.
Aren’t I special.

You WERE special. :)