Forums Kongregate

JimmyCarlos Ego Inflation

4 posts

Flag Post

JimmyCarlos. So many (Impossible)badges, so many points, so many levels, and an encyclopedic brain.

If you are a badge-pwning encyclopedic robot, would you tell me?

ERROR: People know my true secret. Initiating self-destruct mode.

STUPID QUESTION ALERT:So Jimmy Carlos, who are you?

I’m a 20 year old who lives in Essex, England. I am a full-time University Student, and I’m training to qualify to be a Primary School Teacher. I have played and loved video games all my life, and my name is from the two shopkeepers in a childhood game I loved called “Blinx 2”. Sadly, no-one has ever picked up on that reference.

You are involved in tournaments on Kongregate. Care to share some experiences, and perhaps some other places you like to socialize on Kongregate?

In the Kongregate Forums, there is always an official tournament running, where players all across Kongregate try and outdo each other on various games selected by the host. My performance is varying, and I have reached the final 10 twice, but one time came as low as 65th. These tournament are all run by Kongregate Regulars, and there is a long waiting list. After signing up and waiting for a few years. I recently hosted my first Tournament, The Kongregate Olympic Games. The contest started on the Opening Ceremony, and finished when the cauldron was extinguished in the Closing Ceremony. I chose games similar to the Olympics, such as Mini Hurdles and Bullseye (Interstellar Marines), and sent a real medal to the winner of the tournament. I found while doing this that most tournament players are in the Chat Room “Labyrinth” so I have been in there a lot lately. I do also like Cafe Kong, with the chat generally being a lot more mature and intelligent.

What are some of your influences. Do you find it in something like quotations, poetry, some other form?

I prefer to try and make myself my best influence, as good actions reward others and yourself in the long run.

Are you a Brony? Your opinion on Bronies?

I’m not a Brony but I do think it’s ok to be one. All children’s programs are colourful, positive and spread good messages. Many programs on normal TV can be too dark and slow to keep any attention on them, where as with cartoons the action happens immediately. Also, my mother runs a successful Ebay shop, and she recently sold a plush My Little Pony she got from a car-boot sale for £35 to a Brony. To that, Brohoof!

The witch in Snow White used an apple to cast her spell. The witch in Brave used a cake to cast her spell. Have witches gone too far, and should cake be considered “Switzerland” by witches?

I love witches, but the entertainment industry hasn’t done them justice over the years, not all of them are Green-skinned, cat loving, cackling old women. Some do magic for good, so how about a witch that casts spells of good into food-items?

Vampire hunting. Zombie apocalypse. Any protips would be appreciated to survive either one.

Vampire Hunting isn’t a fantastic idea. Vampires are smarter, faster, deadlier and more cunning than humans. If they came, just allow them free access to the Nation’s Blood Bank in exchange for controlling their population size. Then Vampires and Humans can get along.

As for zombies, these creatures have a severe inability of intelligence. Brute force is not always an answer to everything. Say for example you were in a house, and climbed into the loft with enough air, water and food supplies. Even if they could get through the front door, they wouldn’t realise that to open the lift you have to release the ladder. Also, even though they are undead, they are still mortal. Without food supplies, the human body the zombie virus is in will start to waste away, and within about 7-8 weeks the zombie will be immobile. Also, a nice quick hit to the head will do wonders, considering the virus will be dependent on activity in the human brain.

Your comments on this photo from the Mars Curiosity rover?

I do believe in Aliens, although I do not believe they have ever contacted us, or there is any life in the range of human contact like the picture says. There is a range of things needed to sustain life, temperature, oxygen levels. Given the sheer amount of planets out there, I find it hard to believe we are the only planet to have some sort of life. However, I think life could be very different. It could be that it isn’t oxygen fuelled, and I find very unlikely they resemble the classic aliens. In another world there is no way to know how Evolution would pan out, and it is likely that In a different world, it could be 4-legged or with more mandibles that creates the top predator.

Flag Post

Thanks for being patient and giving such a great interview, JimmyCarlos!

You are well-versed on Bronies, Witches, Vampires, Zombies, and Aliens(and robots, you robot).

Can robots read inside parentheses, or is that considered whispering(you’re a robot)?

I know you’re not a robot(you’re a robot), I just wanted a comforting explanation for all your impossible badges and tournament success(reason: robot).

Thanks again, one day I will play Blinx 2 and think of you. =]

Flag Post
STUPID QUESTION ALERT:So Jimmy Carlos, who are you?

I’m a 20 year old who lives in Essex, England. I am a full-time University Student, and I’m training to qualify to be a Primary School Teacher. I have played and loved video games all my life, and my name is from the two shopkeepers in a childhood game I loved called “Blinx 2”. Sadly, no-one has ever picked up on that reference.

You mean your name isn’t actually ‘Jimmy Carlos’? :O

Also, short interview was short.

Flag Post

Yay! Thanks for the interview.