Forums Kongregate

Tomatoman Ego Inflation

8 posts

Flag Post

Tomatoman
Artist’s rendering of a young Tomatoman in high school.
(Artist: Tomatoman)
Origin of username: When younger, I made comics of a guy named tomatoman and his adventures. It’s just stuck with me on websites ever since. the comic was just a fourth/fifth grade thing… Another one hasn’t been made for a long long time.

Origin of the Tomatoman: One day, a man with an unquenchable lust for fruit saw a ripe, juicy, plump tomato. One hotel room and bottle of wine later, I was born. Ever since I’ve been living a hard life.

Height: 5’6”

Weight: 118 pounds

Education: Self-taught Dr. of Tomatology

Criminal Record: Too long to list.

Powers: Well, I can make a good soup or pasta dish, and I also have the ability to regenerate missing body parts. I also have the ability to fit into small spaces, as I am about 2 feet tall due to being a tomato human crossbreed.

Paraphenilia: I carry a potato peeler, rolling pin, and a cheese grater, because I am in a mini chain gang along with some Celery, Dumplings and Cheeses. We wanted guns, but at JC Penny they only had so much we could use.

INTERVIEW

Why do you like gaming?

I like gaming, because it gives me something enjoyable to do with my time that involves me being active and involved. And it isn’t exercise.

Why do you like Kongregate?

I like Kongregate because the community is great, and the badges give me something to work towards.

How does a superhero like yourself find Kongregate?

I was brought to Kong by three friends who also played on this site, back in 2008. They’ve unfortunately quit since then.

Does gaming help you in your life as the Tomatoman?

Gaming doesn’t help me in life as the Tomatoman. Takes my time away from beating up baddies and picking up ladies.

What is your favorite game?

My favorite game is Hide Ya Kids because it references a funny youtube video.

Why are bluebirds blue?

Bluebirds are blue due to many years of evolution and geneswapping.

You’re riding in your canoe and a tire falls out. How many pancakes does it take to shingle your roof?

it would take about 30 pancakes to shingle my roof, but maybe a few more as I unfortunately have quite an appetite for pancakes.

How has Tomatoman prepared for the Zombie Apocalypse so the rest of us can take notes and hope to survive as well?

For the Zombie Apocalypse, I have prepared by juicing my body up with brains, so I can quickly get eaten and infected, and I will survive as a zombie while the human race dies out. Quite a genius approach, if you ask me.

What is your favorite movie?

Norbit or 21 Jumpstreet. I can’t pick just one.

Norbit vs. Tomatoman, who wins?

Norbit would (sadly) win, because I am even smaller than him, and he has mad rage moments such as when calling his wife the Queen of whores. He also is secretly Eddy Murphy, and Eddy Murphy could probably take on at least 2 of me at once. Only way I could win is if I take out his huge glasses.

How does one become a Tomatoman?

One cannot become a Tomatoman, unless one is already a Tomatoman. Because of that, I am the sole Tomatoman in existence. There is however a Tomatoboxer.

Have you met any other superheroes?

I have met the Flash and Wonderwoman once in a urinal, but they each called the cops on me for being a Peeping Tom. I haven’t met any supervillains unless chefs are considered villains. In that case, I have met around 200 and lived to survive another day each encounter.

Have you heard of the documentary “Attack of the Killer Tomatoes?”

No, but I am very intruiged :o I do however know of something similar, which is on the SCP foundation website. There are “Joke tomatoes” that fly at your face at a fast velocity depending on the funniness of your joke.

You sir, know more about Tomatoes than any tomato in existence. Have you considered petitioning Harvard for a PhD in tomatology?

(Excuse me, the tomatoes work to bad jokes.) Anyways, I would attempt to go to Harvard but my criminal history doesn’t allow it. I already consider myself a tomatologist already, however. I once dug up an ancient 3,000 year old tomato burial site.…

Do you have any famous sayings you are known for as Tomatoman?

Famous sayings? I have one: No Jiantes can defeat me! Nobody knows what it means, but I like it.

Have you been asked to join any superhero groups?

I have been asked to join many superhero groups, but I turn them down. I try to keep my stuff on the down low, because my Chain gang and I sort of busted out of prison after assaulting some cooks at Olive Garden. I want to join one after I retire, though.

Have you seen the Avengers, The Dark Knight Returns, or other superhero movies? Do you find yourself watching them and thinking of what tomatoman would do differently?

I do not watch superhero movies, because they aren’t that super to me. As tomatoman, I need no role models. I am the role model for all foods and people in this world.

How does tomatoman feel about capes? Capes, or no capes?

No capes, they hide my buns of steel from public view.

What do you think of Superman’s new costume in DC Comics’ new 52? Did someone have the guts to tell him he was wearing his underwear on top of his pants after all of these years?

I think his costume is AMAZING! He doesn’t look silly at ALL! Tomatoman loves SUPERMAN! SUPERMAN is not watching tomato type this! Haha, not at all!

We have all heard the rumors. Dancing With the Stars. Will this be the year they let you compete, or will they attempt to find another way to keep you from your rightful title?

I was going to compete on Dancing With the Stars this year, but I unfortunately couldn’t as I “creeped out the other contestants.” They also didn’t have the ability to recruit someone so famous, as my salary would bankrupt them. But that’s a minor part of it.
I am quite depressed, because I’ve been working on the Tomatotap routine for ages trying to get it right. I was even going to be my own choreographer and team up with Tila Tequila. My dream will just have to wait…

What is prison like? How did you survive the time behind bars?

Prison wasn’t too bad. The food was actually pretty delicious, and as I have a tomato for a head, the majority of inmates stayed away from me. I got pretty buff mining rocks at the quarries with my chain gang, and playing volleyball with skinheads (they were the balls) also helped get me in shape.
For the few years I was in they would have the Prison Olympics. Every year the Chain Gang and I won. I also had a love affair with the Wardina (What I call female Wardens) which made my escape much easier. Honestly, I would go back but I’ve just reformed too much to commit more wrongdoing.

Tomatoman, I hope you understand I need to ask the tough questions. What comes to mind when I say the word…ketchup…catsup…okay, both of those words.

Horror. Deliciousness. 57 varieties!
Genocide of tomatoes. All at plants, being mushed up into paste just to be a dipping sauce for FRENCH FRIES! Tomatoes hate potatoes! It is a cruel business, and must be stopped. I would lead a crusade, but I am too busy smacking my ketchup bottle to get the last few drops out. Cheeseburgers are too dry without it.
Catsup is foreign to me. If it is what I think it is, liquid kitties is disgusting. I just might have to run down to the store and try it though!

Is there a special tomatowoman in your life?

There used to be. Her name was Thomasina Mato. We were wedded three years ago, and life was perfect. I’d never met a more beautiful tomato in my life. Her parents, however, disapproved as I was half human, and not in fact a whole tomato.
Our love changed nothing, though, as we ran away to Cuba together. While in Cuba, life was hard. I had to work a double shift just to make ends meet. We had a child together, and she had to become an airplane pilot so we wouldn’t go back to our cardboard box without electricity. One day, there was a terrible accident. As she was a tomato and had no arms or legs, the plane she was flying crashed.
She lived, but then choked and died on her lipstick shortly afterwards. Now I just live with my son. We moved back to America. I have the hots for her 8 sisters, so hopefully that works out well in my favor.

Mr. Mato. We’ve talked about the loves in your life, let’s talk about your son. Is he ready to inherit the responsibility of being the tomatoman? Tell us about your son.

My son is named teenmato. His name conveniently changes as he ages, same with all people from tomato parents. He is 100% human, though, so he has no chance of being the new tomatoman. He is a midget however, and as red as Santa’s cheeks. Still has no vines emerging from his head or common tomato features besides that.
He, oddly enough, has psychic powers. He gets them from his mother. That makes Christmas pretty awful for him, as he always knows what he will get beforehand. He’s a real ladies’ man. Seems to know just what to say.
I am jealous of him in almost every way. Besides his George Clooney Haircut.

I umm, I have two tomatoes in my hands, and I am trying to figure out how this works…how did you have a son?

We had a son…. Er…. Well, you see, when two people love each other very much, they meet up. Genitals to genitals. Unfortunately my wife did not have genitals, so I injected my call-it-what-you-will into her and he was born. Left a nasty scar on her, though.

What are some good lines you have used on the tomatowomen?

“You’re looking red, was it that time again?”
“You are super ripe. I want to be your boyfriend.”
“You look organic!”
And my favorite of all, “You remind me of my very beautiful wife who died by choking on her lipstick now come to my house and I will show you my trophy collection”
I’m not great with the tomatoes. If you want advice, I’d ask my son…

Flag Post

Thanks for a great interview Tomatoman!

If not Dancing With the Stars, will you move on to different dancing competitions or reality shows?

The world needs the Tomatotap.

Are you friends with the tomatoboxer?

Flag Post
You’re riding in your canoe and a tire falls out. How many pancakes does it take to shingle your roof?

it would take about 30 pancakes to shingle my roof, but maybe a few more as I unfortunately have quite an appetite for pancakes.

Don’t we all…

How does tomatoman feel about capes? Capes, or no capes?

No capes, they hide my buns of steel from public view.

Pics please?

I would lead a crusade, but I am too busy smacking my ketchup bottle to get the last few drops out. Cheeseburgers are too dry without it.

This is now my reason for not getting something done.

I umm, I have two tomatoes in my hands, and I am trying to figure out how this works…how did you have a son?

We had a son…. Er…. Well, you see, when two people love each other very much, they meet up. Genitals to genitals. Unfortunately my wife did not have genitals, so I injected my call-it-what-you-will into her and he was born. Left a nasty scar on her, though.

Hawt!

“You’re looking red, was it that time again?”
“You are super ripe. I want to be your boyfriend.”
“You look organic!”
And my favorite of all, “You remind me of my very beautiful wife who died by choking on her lipstick now come to my house and I will show you my trophy collection”

Mind if I use those?

Flag Post

Funny as ever! LOL!

Flag Post

I might move on to “So you think that you can dance” if I get around to it, but yes I am friends with the tomatoboxer. We’ve had some discussions before, and he is my (un)official pet.

Flag Post

Too fun! Loved it :)

Flag Post

who is tomatoman?

Flag Post
Originally posted by saberslayer5:

who is tomatoman?

You really should try to brush up on your reading skills with school starting and all.