Forums Kongregate

New badge discussion page 10

1506 posts

Flag Post

Again, there’s no quota for impossible badges. If we ended up putting an imp on Rogue Soul, there still would have been one on DvM2. Each game is just judged on its own merits.

Flag Post

And there’s a badge I will not get for a very, very long time. :( Ffffuuuu

Flag Post

I’m decent at it (got the hard pretty quickly), but after attempting survival I think the impossible is beyond me. The spawning just got completely out of hand around 200k.

Flag Post

Love the badge name, raw. Also, I’m liking this impossible more and more, since survival mode at its most frenetic is actually pretty fun.

Flag Post

The only problem is that it’s on a game that doesn’t submit API very often…

Flag Post

It’s not the game’s API that’s messed up, it’s Kong. The recent update broke it, kind of – API responds really slowly, as well as recently played and private chat invites.

Flag Post

Just refresh. It’ll go off a few seconds after you hit the menu screen.

Flag Post

They Took Our Candy got badged.

I started playing it yesterday. I don’t hate it, but I don’t love it either. I’m meh on it.

Flag Post

The hard is more long then hard. Of course, wave 17 of survival was ridiculous and killed me right after I got to 30000 points (something like 10 midbosses and 5 bosses spawned on me at once.)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Thok:

The hard is more long then hard. Of course, wave 17 of survival was ridiculous and killed me right after I got to 30000 points (something like 10 midbosses and 5 bosses spawned on me at once.)

Yeah, the developer got lazy and decided not to do the last 32 waves of Survival, so he just tried to make wave 18 impossible. I managed to kill all the enemies once through a lot of effort… but the wave just never ends, you just keep going to the right and no enemies spawn.

Flag Post

Not sure how I like the recent games.

Rogue Soul and They Took Our Candy are just really poorly put together as survival games.

Flag Post

Yeah this is just really lazily balanced. There’s literally no compelling reason whatsoever to do anything other than 3 ninjas + cat because the single shot characters put out about the same damage per shot but a third as many shots.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Pykrete:

Yeah this is just really lazily balanced. There’s literally no compelling reason whatsoever to do anything other than 3 ninjas + cat because the single shot characters put out about the same damage per shot but a third as many shots.

Witch is the best character because of the special. Get 3 or 4 witches and you can have increased attack and speed buff up virtually the entire time.

Flag Post

The game itself is a little fun game (except balance and the fact that wave 18 is impossible) and the badges are good. I can’t complain.

Flag Post

^^ 1 cat and a few Special boosts let you have the buff up most of the time, as well as considerably more damage output, spread, and an 8-way attack with three ninjas.

Flag Post

Except the Witch bonuses stack just like the Cat. However most of the time (51%) is not the same as virtually all of the time (85%).

Flag Post

A whole team of witches under the special will shoot slightly faster than one, but not much, certainly nothing like how several cats will put up a few seconds’ worth of a wall of fire. I can put up screenshots on imageshack measuring it if you don’t believe me. Doesn’t seem worth it compared to several times the base firepower to the point that you do almost as much damage with no buff at all, spread hitting half the screen at any given time (especially given how slow you move even under witch buffs), and the ability to hit stuff behind you.

And that last point means it’s not even a discussion on the later waves of survival. You get wall-to-wall waves of purple dudes from behind that will kill you unless you have a few ninjas for the special. Pack one cat for those times you need to blitz the whole screen, and it’ll clear it so thoroughly that you’ll have it recharged before anything else can spawn and get back to close range again.

Flag Post

Ghostscape

Badged four years later, eh? Fun game though, took me about 15 minutes to earn the badge.

Flag Post

^had fun with it too, hopefully they badge the Being One series as well, I have some pretty good memories with those games. Not sure if they have API or not but they deserve badges.

Flag Post

Hope they continue doing this. Many great games aren’t getting enough attention.

Flag Post

I echo what Thewebinator and CowFriend said. Really enjoyable time with Ghostscape. Hopefully they follow the sequel up with badges too. Nice work on that.

Flag Post

Wow. I think I remember this game from my Newgrounds days.

Flag Post

I don’t like it, but its just that I hate the genre. I get that it is the type of game that is easy to badge, but I do hope this isn’t a one off thing. There are plenty of good older games with API that don’t have badges.

Flag Post

I remember playing it way back in the day. Glad it finally got badges =]

Flag Post

I think we’re all forgetting that it was probably badged due to the fact that Halloween is coming up.