Forums Kongregate

New badge discussion page 11

1506 posts

Flag Post

I think you’re forgetting that there’s been four other Halloweens since the game was released….what’s different about this one?

Anyway, they should definitely badge more old games.

Flag Post
Originally posted by LouWeed:

QFT. Was that you who once posted a list of some older games with badge potential? If so, mind linking me to it please?

Flag Post

Another 2 badges and 2 challenges coming for Fairway Sollitaire lol, or just the often buggy Activity Feed acting weird again?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Thyrael:

QFT. Was that you who once posted a list of some older games with badge potential? If so, mind linking me to it please?

I was about to say you’re probably talking about Precarious, but then I remembered this:
http://www.kongregate.com/forums/1-kongregate/topics/303190-LouWeed-Posts-Too-Much?page=1#posts-6429175
They don’t necessarily have badge potential, most of them don’t have api/good enough rating.

Originally posted by Davilex89:

Another 2 badges and 2 challenges coming for Fairway Sollitaire lol, or just the often buggy Activity Feed acting weird again?

That is weird.

Flag Post

It’s a bug.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

I think you’re forgetting that there’s been four other Halloweens since the game was released….what’s different about this one?

I’m not exactly sure, seeing as I wasn’t here, but maybe they are trying to make up for not having the Halloween Contest this year?

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:

It’s a bug.

I made a thread about this a while back, but whenever Kong adds a new badge or challenge to a game, the feed reports the total amount a game has gotten rather than the change. It was conflated here with the new challenge being slow to roll out (the feed reported it before it was active.)

Flag Post

I reached wave 19 of They Took Our Candy (with 4 witches), perhaps the dev fixed it? I did get jumped by a ton of those pink homing slimes and the miniboss straight away and let myself die because I didn’t want to risk the hard badge not awarding. The dev did update to include a score tracker and mentioned it below the game, though nothing about extending survival mode.

Flag Post

Huh, a new quest. That was unexpected.

Flag Post

Eh. American Racing just isn’t doing it for me. Between dull tracks, the drunken camera wobbling constantly for no discernible reason, the fact that only one of the upgrades makes much difference, and that there’s no way to improve maneuverability, the whole game is just really, really underwhelming.

That, and at this rate I might actually get the hard badge before the medium because the only hard things are the ones where you’re not racing against other cars, so it’ll take a lot of pointless replays to pass 1000 cars.

That, and for American Racing, most of the track names sound distinctly British, but hey :P

Flag Post

Well Monster Saga was badged earlier in the night, and overall a very easy game.
It’s too bad the first medium doesn’t register. :(

Flag Post

Should be fixed now. Complete any mission battle (side or main) to earn it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ExiledGentleman:

Well Monster Saga was badged earlier in the night, and overall a very easy game.

Took a long time for it to register for me too. Eventually it triggered when I closed out the browser, opened it back up and loaded the game again.

edit: Never mind, correlation != causation.

Flag Post

I kind of enjoyed the Takeover Badges. The Icedale’s last perfect was a lot easier once I used the wizards instead of the spearmen.

It really wasn’t too hard, because the game lacks a lot of depth. It did take a bit of time and in some cases trying to be more optimal with my rush tactics.

Flag Post

wondering why this topic has died down.

am I the only one annoyed by yet another mmo badged?

Flag Post
Originally posted by duskshine:

wondering why this topic has died down.

am I the only one annoyed by yet another mmo badged?

It’s died down because we’re gone back to Friday badging (except now, obviously) and no one noticed the new badges yet.

No.

[Edit: An Easy and a Medium are no big deal, actually. It’s consistent with how MMOs are badged.]

Flag Post

I don’t mind MMOs getting badged but I hate these copy-paste games that are exact replicas of various previous games, just the theme has changed. (Ex. Legacy of Heroes, Legacy of a Thousand Suns, Dawn of the Dragons, etc.)

Flag Post
Originally posted by SupHomies:

I don’t mind MMOs getting badged but I hate these copy-paste games that are exact replicas of various previous games, just the theme has changed. (Ex. Legacy of Heroes, Legacy of a Thousand Suns, Dawn of the Dragons, etc.)

notthisthreadagain.png

Flag Post

All by the same developer.

Flag Post

That’s just what 5pg are: Terrible devs that are one of the biggest offenders of the “do as little as possible to make the most money” strategy.

In any case, it’s an obvious garbage game.

Flag Post

Crappy games getting badges is only annoying when it feels like good games aren’t getting badges at the same time. So I’m reserving judgement till Saturday (I live in the future). We already had a non-crappy game get badges this week, so it’s all good so far. By the way, I thought the single medium badge for completing Red Ball was about right.

Flag Post

Legacy of a Thousand Suns badges suck. The game sucks. Rate it down on your way through. Yay drivel.

Flag Post
Originally posted by wattro:

Legacy of a Thousand Suns badges suck. The game sucks. Rate it down on your way through. Yay drivel.

I consider it a necessary evil… but I’m very pleased that they’ve cut down on the practice of giving hard badges to PBBG, so I see little reason to complain.

Flag Post

The games kind of have to be badged. It’d be unfair to one set of games meeting the criteria to be ignored while every other type of game gets badges. Clearly there’s a segment of the population that enjoy MMOs so they should get badged games as well. With that being said, I think the Easy/Medium is a great compromise and I have no problem with it, at all. I’ve never gotten around to getting any of those badges, but I still think it’s fair.