Forums Kongregate

New badge discussion page 12

1490 posts

Flag Post

I hate having to sign up for every single MMO that has badges. I always have to play through them not caring about my character just to get the badge and never play again. If you like an MMO, good for you. I want badges I have to play for, not waste my time each day and/or having to buy in game items to speed things along. Having ONLY an easy badge like “reach level 5” for these games would be PERFECT. Gives us a little taste without having to buy a freakin’ engagement ring.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by KaisarDragon:

I hate having to sign up for every single MMO that has badges. I always have to play through them not caring about my character just to get the badge and never play again. If you like an MMO, good for you. I want badges I have to play for, not waste my time each day and/or having to buy in game items to speed things along. Having ONLY an easy badge like “reach level 5” for these games would be PERFECT. Gives us a little taste without having to buy a freakin’ engagement ring.

Blame yourself for playing the games that you hate so much. Noone is forcing you to do so.
The ratio of MMO badges to “regular game” badges is fine atm. It has been a lot worse.

Also, I hate “having to play” all those Papa’s games. We should just remove all badges from the page so noone “has to” play a game that he doesn’t like. rolls eyes

 
Flag Post

Clearly there’s a segment of the population that enjoy MMOs

I’ll have to be honest and say that, yes, Kongregate should also give badges that please the paying players, but their needs are so out of line with the non-paying players when compared to the differences between different genres of games, that it feels almost absurd.

But, like you, I’m glad enough with seeing no hards being given to them.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Thyrael:

Blame yourself for playing the games that you hate so much. Noone is forcing you to do so.
The ratio of MMO badges to “regular game” badges is fine atm. It has been a lot worse.

Also, I hate “having to play” all those Papa’s games. We should just remove all badges from the page so noone “has to” play a game that he doesn’t like. rolls eyes

There is a difference between a flash game and an MMO. This isn’t about playing or not playing games you like/hate. Badges are achieved, not given because I spent 5 minutes everyday for a month wasting whatever the in game equivalent of energy is. I can play a flash game until I win or ragequit. Now I already said a simple badge for MMO would be nice. Also, a good many of us are badge whores, but I still only play games through that I like. No one “has to” and “having to play” and whatever else you add "" to.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by KaisarDragon:
No one “has to” and “having to play” and whatever else you add "" to.

Make up your mind?

Originally posted by KaisarDragon:

I hate having to sign up for every single MMO that has badges. I always have to play through them not caring about my character just to get the badge and never play again.

Also, getting an MMO badge is an achievement, whether you like it or not. I rather play an MMO for a while than spending another 14 days on shooting zepelins in balloon invasion, without any skill required.

I’m for sure not a fan of crappy MMOs, especially not if they are only a re-skin of another one that I played for badges before, with the same sucky energy system, but those games are popular and have a fanbase.

Not to mention that they are one of Kong’s main income sources and of course they try to advertise them by badging them.
But it’s not that they add badges to all MMOs, regardless of their popularity and rating.
Therefore I’m okay with an MMO badge here and there.


On another note, badges on Pocket Creature PVP.

Okay game, badges seemed well chosen. The hard one is rather easy though once you figured out (or looked in the comments) which creatures to use for endurance mode.

 
Flag Post

I just got why the medium badge for the Legacy of a Thousand Suns badge is what it is.

Why must you torture us, gregismojo?

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Thok:

I just got why the medium badge for the Legacy of a Thousand Suns badge is what it is.

Why must you torture us, gregismojo?

They give me something to hold on to.

 
Flag Post

legacy of a thousand suns – booo but ok

pocket creature pvp – medium is kinda harder than hard cause you can raise your gem level quicker in the endurance mode ect =P

 
Flag Post

Badges on Legend of the Void 2

Personally, I like that game a lot. Played the first one a few weeks ago and then played through the second one right after.

 
Flag Post

Aaah—Too many badges! Just kidding. Might want to fix the description for the Game Completion or Whatever badge on Hordes and Lords, which describes the final mission as being in the middle of the lower-left area—it’s actually on the lower-right.

 
Flag Post

I’m actually happy about these badges — except LoaTS. Though, I have lots and lots to do, because I think LotV2 isn’t a very short game…

 
Flag Post

The second hard badge (game completed) in Legend of the Void 2 doesn’t work for me. Beat the last boss while being connected to Kong, didn’t get it. Tried loading the game in different browsers, doesn’t help.
Anyone else having that problem?

/Update:

The dev fixed the issue with an update :)

 
Flag Post

So now we’ve got Caesary In Space and another almost unplayably laggy game by Undefined. Lovely.

I guess I’m more annoyed about Arkandian Explorer right on the heels of Legend of the Void 2. Seeing how the latter has really, really good visuals optimized to run at a great clip, and the former is one of the most bare-bones things ever and still manages to tank its framerate to hell on menu screens and static dungeon maps.

 
Flag Post

While I agree the Arkandian series has a problem with performance, this non-optimised laptop doesn’t even have too much problem playing it. I generally see slow combat and lag for a second when picking up gold/resources, but it’s still playable. I can imagine most if not all PCs nowadays are better than this laptop. My former PC was even better equipped than this laptop. It should be playable for most.

With that said, he should find a way to optimise performance.

 
Flag Post

Galaxy Online is also badged.

 
Flag Post

LAAAG

Does anyone know of a way to fix this?

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by CowFriend:

LAAAG

Does anyone know of a way to fix this?

Really the only thing you can do is disable other programs you may have running at the same time. You can also mute all sounds and turn the quality to low.

 
Flag Post

Never mind, it’s faster now that I cleaned my laptop vents. If you’re experiencing this as laptop, this might help.

 
Flag Post

I am so tired of seeing the same terrible game badged over and over again just because some hack dev team re-skinned it, and the games that get badged are slowly becoming worse and worse in quality. Galaxy Online is the worst game so far, in a long string of boring, uninspired MMOs that look and play exactly the same.

I spend a lot of money on games I enjoy, and every time another one of these transparent cash grabs gets badged, I start to feel more and more guilty about my spending habits. Making me feel like I’m tossing my money into a black hole isn’t the way to get me to keep paying, Kongregate. Give badges to games that are actually good and enjoyable, to reward the developers for not phoning it in. Stop with this color-by-numbers fill-in-the-blank build-your-own-facebook-MMO bullshit.

 
Flag Post

There’s something wrong with me if I am not completely hating my time with Arkandian whatever this one is called. The lag is an issue though, my computer can easily max out borderlands 2, GTAIV, and whatever else, and I doubt this flash game is that intensive…

 
Flag Post

Greg and Rawismojo, perhaps it’s time to rethink the criteria for badging games.

EDIT: Saved for posterity: http://i.imgur.com/HTwj9.jpg

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by uzzbuzz:

There’s something wrong with me if I am not completely hating my time with Arkandian whatever this one is called. The lag is an issue though, my computer can easily max out borderlands 2, GTAIV, and whatever else, and I doubt this flash game is that intensive…

That is… surprising. Also, I don’t like either of the badged games for today.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by JKuang:

Greg and Rawismojo, perhaps it’s time to rethink the criteria for badging games.

EDIT: Saved for posterity: http://i.imgur.com/HTwj9.jpg

O_O That… is… :O Wow.

insta-downrate

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by JKuang:

Greg and Rawismojo, perhaps it’s time to rethink the criteria for badging games.

EDIT: Saved for posterity: http://i.imgur.com/HTwj9.jpg

Well… since the rating is 3.79 now, I guess nobody is going to be getting vouchers and gemstones from the game rating.

 
Flag Post

Galaxy Online is utter horribleness. Wtf is going on with badging this tripe?