Forums Kongregate

New badge discussion page 15

1483 posts

Flag Post

Well, luckily I’m already level 55 in CotD, so I’m at least a little closer to the hard badge than just being back at the medium badge spot. I’m wondering if this is because there’s been a bit of a lull lately, and this is to buy some time. If so, I’m more alright with that.

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:

I’m still waiting for Enigmata.

I’m still waiting for Necronator 2.

Not going to find the thread about the future hard badge.

Edit @ below: Many thanks, Thyrael :-D

Flag Post
Originally posted by DarkRainyKnight:

You’re welcome:

Originally posted by rawismojo:

Regarding the badges: we needed to add badges today so there would be some there along-side the challenge (which we have to plan out a ~week in advance). I want to add a hard badge for beating some campaigns, but the API isn’t there for it yet. Assuming it’s added sometime, you can count on a 3rd badge for it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Thyrael:

You’re welcome:

Originally posted by rawismojo:

Regarding the badges: we needed to add badges today so there would be some there along-side the challenge (which we have to plan out a ~week in advance). I want to add a hard badge for beating some campaigns, but the API isn’t there for it yet. Assuming it’s added sometime, you can count on a 3rd badge for it.

I am proud of my memory for remembering that quote.

Flag Post

Pretty sure Raw said he’d would be adding a hard to Shadowland too, ages ago. I completed the whole first and second chapter/gate whatever it is (can’t remember the terminology) expecting that to happen.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Bilious:

Pretty sure Raw said he’d would be adding a hard to Shadowland too, ages ago. I completed the whole first and second chapter/gate whatever it is (can’t remember the terminology) expecting that to happen.

oh god no.

Shadowland is in competition for the worst mmo’s on this site imo.

Flag Post
Originally posted by bobby71983:
Originally posted by Bilious:

oh god no.

Shadowland is in competition for the worst mmo’s on this site imo.

Naaah, Berserk: The Cataclysm wins that title.

Flag Post

So much for the trend of stopping at medium for crappy MMO’s.

I WARNED YOU ABOUT MMOS BRO

I TOLD YOU DOG

Flag Post

I would like to get a hard for LoaTS. That’s the only of these grind MMOs I actually liked (o’wait, Galaxy Online was OK too). But yes, I agree, this was pure bullcrap to add two more badges after nine months (Was the game pregnant? That’s why it took so long?).

Flag Post
Originally posted by Bluji:

(Was the game pregnant? That’s why it took so long?)

lol’d

Flag Post

I really seem to not be able to complete the bosses near the beginning of the second area :’/

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ace_Blue:

So we’re all out of new games that we’re re-badging old ones?

Holy crap I’m a prophet!

Seriously, that was the dumbest badge add in a long time, and it’s frightening. I think about all the crappy MMOs that got only two badges in the past year and how much pain can be unleashed by double-dipping them in the badge pool. Sends a chill down my spine.

Flag Post

First, I wake up.
Then I go to Kong to see if there are new badges.
Then I see a hard badge on a MMO.
And then I’m dead. :/

Flag Post

I thought there was a medium badge limit to those games.

Flag Post
Originally posted by LouWeed:

Anyway, they should definitely badge more old games.

This is not what I had in mind.

Flag Post

I do not understand why people are bitter about MMOs. I mean I have played some of them, cannot say I like all of them; however MMOs are a game like any other. Nevertheless, due to their nature they bring more money to the site. This in turn helps Kongregate/Gamestop to profit, stay alive as a company and offer numerous other FREE games.

My point being, if you don`t like it, don`t play it, just ignore it, and let others who do enjoy MMOs have their fun as well

Flag Post

Probably because over time the badges become almost impossible to earn. :/

Flag Post
Originally posted by Blizzard2000:

Why? Just… why?
What have us badge hunters done to deserve such a thing?
Why does this game deserve anything more than the medium for level 25?
Please don’t do this for LoaTS, DotD, and LoH too. :/

Exactly this.

It is not difficult to get those MMO badges but almost every single one of them just requires endurance and brainless grinding hurting my intelligence. You just have to click a bit after a certain period of time and successfully waste your time.
There are many other games that deserve badges more than those shitty programmed money machines, what a waste!

Well since Kongregate seems to make more than enough profit from badging MMOs I guess they do not rely on advertisement income from loyal long time badge hunters anymore.

I activate Adblock Plus for whole Kongregate whenever I start grinding for a bad MMO endurance badge until I am done. This is the way I cast my vote.

Flag Post
Originally posted by BerenAlsgaard:

I do not understand why people are bitter about MMOs. I mean I have played some of them, cannot say I like all of them; however MMOs are a game like any other. Nevertheless, due to their nature they bring more money to the site. This in turn helps Kongregate/Gamestop to profit, stay alive as a company and offer numerous other FREE games.

My point being, if you don`t like it, don`t play it, just ignore it, and let others who do enjoy MMOs have their fun as well

The reason why I’m bitter about PBBGs is because I don’t like a game dictating when I can and can’t play (energy system).

And let’s see what badge master himself Greg has to say on “if you don`t like it, don`t play it, just ignore it” excuse.

14. “The player doesn’t have to earn the achievement” is not an excuse. If I’m a chef at a restaurant and I serve your sirloin steak with a side of dog food and gravy, sure, you can choose not to eat it, but it’s still going to affect your opinion of me as a chef and of the restaurant as a dining establishment.

Flag Post

This is beyond dog food and gravy. This is just defecating on your plate because the poo uses hypnosis to make people pay more for it.

Flag Post

These new badges scare me :( Now I’ll have nightmares that I might have to go back to all these crappy MMOs I was relieved at because they stopped at somewhat reasonable medium badges D:

Flag Post

New badges: Snail Bob 3

I’m so frustrated… (from comments): If the timer on level 16 actually counted a proper 48 seconds I might be able to pass it. But with a little hint of lag I’m afraid it’s impossible to get in that fridge on time. When the timer gets lower than 10 seconds it counts way too fast. Add a couple seconds to the timer, preferably about 7 seconds, so that us people with less than stellar computers can finish the game, please.

I finally got in there with 1 second to spare and now I’m stuck and cannot get out… fml

Flag Post

I finally got in there with 1 second to spare and now I’m stuck and cannot get out… fml

If you can’t figure out how to get out of the fridge, you don’t deserve the later badges. There’s literally only one reasonable thing to do.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Thok:

If you can’t figure out how to get out of the fridge, you don’t deserve the later badges. There’s literally only one reasonable thing to do.

I believe the fridge opens automagically or you click it. There’s a bug though with the fridge not opening. Read the game comments.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Thok:

I believe the fridge opens automagically or you click it. There’s a bug though with the fridge not opening. Read the game comments.

I did it with several seconds to spare on the second try.

Stop at the first red beam on the top floor, and then just keep walking, the 2nd red beam misses you.