Forums Kongregate

New badge discussion page 17

1508 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by Xaqqax2:

Symbiosis got an easy, a medium and a hard badge.
It’s another TD, but it seems nice. It’s also kinda different.

How is it a tower defense? There’s no creeps, it’s all about board position. Is chess a tower defense too?
Anyway, the whole game seemed a bit easy for a hard, I think an easy & two mediums would have been better.

Flag Post

Huh, two badged games and perhaps a third that will go in hand with the challenge. Busy day!

Flag Post
Originally posted by LouWeed:
Originally posted by Xaqqax2:

Symbiosis got an easy, a medium and a hard badge.
It’s another TD, but it seems nice. It’s also kinda different.

How is it a tower defense? There’s no creeps, it’s all about board position. Is chess a tower defense too?
Anyway, the whole game seemed a bit easy for a hard, I think an easy & two mediums would have been better.

We have seen medium badges a lot harder than this hard badge. But I suppose we need easy hard badges from time to time to encourage people.

Flag Post

It’s all relative difficulty as well. Wrestle Jump, for example.

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:

It’s all relative difficulty as well. Wrestle Jump, for example.

If I remember correctly, the first medium was a joke. A good joke, but a joke. But I’m sure the second hard badge for BTTD2 will be seriously hard.

Flag Post

The first Medium was because greg and raw had a really hard time with the badge game. Jim said himself that it should have been an Easy.

Flag Post

It was a medium because we weren’t planning on adding a second badge.

Flag Post

Kongregate Weekly Challenge [Icy Gifts 2]: Free Santa from blocks of ice in 30 levels.
Kongregate Recent Badges [Effing Worms – Xmas]: Eat Santa.

Mixed messages.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Blackdrazon:

Kongregate Weekly Challenge [Icy Gifts 2]: Free Santa from blocks of ice in 30 levels.

Mixed messages.

You’re freeing him so you can eat him. Just like most other foods, Santa tastes better when properly thawed first.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Fricknmaniac:
Originally posted by Blackdrazon:

Mixed messages.

You’re freeing him so you can eat him. Just like most other foods, Santa tastes better when properly thawed first.

Free range.

Flag Post

So we’ve got a brief, interesting puzzle, and…oh you’re f’ing kidding me

Flag Post
Originally posted by Pykrete:

So we’ve got a brief, interesting puzzle, and…oh you’re f’ing kidding me

Avg: 4.30 of 9,012 ratings. Yes, I know. 4,30.

Flag Post

I must admit Wartune is one of the better MMOs around. I think the 4.3/5 rating isn’t too unjustified.

Flag Post
Originally posted by y0ttabyte:

I must admit Wartune is one of the better MMOs around. I think the 4.3/5 rating isn’t too unjustified.

I agree. It is one of the better ones.

It does have town building, but it does it in a way that i find acceptable.
It does have an energy system, which is a bit annoying, but what ya gonna do?

Overall, I expect to play it for a little while post badges, just not sure how long.

Flag Post

I’m currently level 40ish. Strangely, I’m not sure the badges go far enough, since Wartune likes to give you new features every 5 levels or so. But I think level 20 gets you to World Bosses and Battlegrounds, which is probably enough.

Flag Post

Wartune is a good example of how to correctly badge energy based games.

No hard badge, achievable in one night, and allows you to constantly play through the entire badge. Kudos.

Flag Post

I’ll admit what little of the tutorial I could play before it froze repeatedly looked less egregiously bad than usual.

Flag Post

I really liked Wartune. It’s the first MMO I could say the following about:

I think this game could even use a short-ish hard badge.

Flag Post

Conflict Music is a decent game, indeed.

Flag Post

I don’t know for Wartune. I really don’t know. We always win without any strategy. We just have to upgrade two or three buildings. I’ts absolutely repetitive. I don’t know. For me it’s a small 2/5.

A blocky Christmas is a decent game, indeed.

Flag Post

It helps that the VIP trial lasts long enough to power through most of the building grind so you can focus on…well…combat grind, but at least you’re doing something.

Still not particularly good (the pay-to-win is actually worse than in a lot of others), but I’d be less irritated about the glut of badged MMO’s if they were as mediocre as this one in substance.

Flag Post

A.W.E.S.O.M.E.

Flag Post

I’m so happy to see EtRG finally get badges.

Flag Post

A very average game, at best.

3/5.

I don’t really get the love for it. The concept is good, just poorly executed.

Flag Post

Oh right, we’re supposed to comment on the quality of the badges, not the game…I’d say it’s about right. 1 million feels pretty easy now, but I do recall breaking my fingers for 5 days in my first tournament, just to get a score of 3 million. If anyone wants a tip for getting a score, here it is: get as high as possible as quickly as possible, even if it means breaking your combo (which is priority #2).