Forums Kongregate

New badge discussion page 18

1508 posts

Flag Post

Well since that nice NAO! break it is time to bump this up with incursion

Flag Post
Originally posted by uuu2:

Well since that nice NAO! break it is time to bump this up with incursion

I’ve only played it through to the medium (level 4 I think it is) and already I have each level I’ve done at 5 crystals (apparently you don’t need to stop every enemy, or maybe one got killed before it exited and I just thought it left), and got the last column of upgrades ranked up once each (the rest are ranked enough to unlock subsequent upgrades, no further). It seems like it won’t be too hard of a game overall, but that might just be first impressions speaking, I’ll have to wait and see.

Feels like a fun enough game though, but it’s not totally unique in gameplay, sadly.

EDIT @below: Yeah, that’s what I felt it resembled a lot, which does make it quite odd (even the art style seems similar to me)

Flag Post
Originally posted by 123aaa789:

Feels like a fun enough game though, but it’s not totally unique in gameplay, sadly.

I’m actually surprised to learned it’s not the same dev who did Kingdom Rush, since it feels a lot like Kingdom Rush 2. (The dev credits Kingdom Rush in the credits.)

Flag Post

Bubble Tanks Tower Defense 2 badges, I feel that the hard badge is more of a medium, but I have played further and developed a generally good strategy for every level. I think if it were a little higher it might be better, because with this you don’t even need to do the levels on any of the harder modes.

Flag Post

Even though I don’t have the badge, I think 50 levels would make a better badge.

EDIT: 2 hours later, I have the badge (I started with 10 levels pre-badge completed). I pretty much went for Tutorials + most Easys + All Dodges + All Decoys. Simple, clean and fast.

Flag Post

I think they got the number of badges on BTTD correct, it didn’t deserve more than two badges. Though certainly the difficulty of the badge is going to be open for debate, because it can vary drastically depending on what levels you play. Going the all splitters/decoys/dodges/ghosts route is probably the easiest route, since you don’t need to focus on building both ground and air, just dump a burst tower in a small maze right at the entrance, then as you upgrade it, just get rid of the maze all together and surround it with up to eight boost towers. Take advantage of sending waves early to upgrade faster.

Flag Post

The problem with BTTD 2 is that there’s significantly more levels then there is content. For example, while there’s 20 possible dodge levels, but in practice once you’ve beat three of them you don’t really get a new experience for the other 17.

And the decision to unlock each mode+map combo one at a time by beating the same mode on a previous map makes the game even more tedious then it already is. Once you beat a map on easy, we should have had the ability to play any other mode that has been bought on that map. (Or at a very minimum, beating a map on easy ought to unlock the normal mode for that same map.)

Flag Post

The game’s OK, but I don’t like the hard badge. Feels like it would be much better if it had something to do with all different levels rather than playing different modes of the same levels.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Thok:

The problem with BTTD 2 is that there’s significantly more levels then there is content. For example, while there’s 20 possible dodge levels, but in practice once you’ve beat three of them you don’t really get a new experience for the other 17.

And the decision to unlock each mode+map combo one at a time by beating the same mode on a previous map makes the game even more tedious then it already is. Once you beat a map on easy, we should have had the ability to play any other mode that has been bought on that map. (Or at a very minimum, beating a map on easy ought to unlock the normal mode for that same map.)

This basically sums up the problem with BTTD2. I think the badges are well-designed given the constraints of the game; there’s simply no good way to calibrate badges to the game’s painfully (and artificially) drawn out, repetitive content.

Flag Post

I figured it would be badged. The game is fine, just not a huge difference from the first one.

It’s a game where I definitely will get the badges, but at my own leisurely pace.

Flag Post

Two TD games badged in a row. QQ

Flag Post
Originally posted by CowFriend:

I approve!

Flag Post
Originally posted by VforVendetta:
Originally posted by CowFriend:

I approve!

Same, they were both deserving of badges, and in general were two of the easier TD games to get badges (I’m not sure I’ve heard anyone say the hard badges were too hard, however I have heard people say the opposite). It’s better than getting two grindy multiplayer games in a row.

Flag Post

Predict what Outpost: Haven’s last badge will be, when it’s given it in 2014.

Flag Post

One that is worth 1.25 points…

Flag Post
Originally posted by Bilious:

Predict what Outpost: Haven’s last badge will be, when it’s given it in 2014.

Originally posted by Lebossle:

One that is worth 1.25 points…

Outstanding Game Loader Badge (super-easy ~ 1.25 points)
Load the game in Outpost: Haven
[ ] Game loaded

Flag Post

SkullFaic

Easy = 8 levels
Medium = 2 worlds
Hard = All Gold

Overall, I don’t think it’s too bad. Glad it didn’t get an Impossible or an overly difficult speedrun badge.

Flag Post

Yeah, it felt just about right. Really enjoyed it.

The real winner though is whoever made the Redwall joke in the comments.

Flag Post

I think Dwarf Toss could use a badge or two, maybe something regarding altitude and distance achievements.

Flag Post
Originally posted by DarthEuchre:

I think Dwarf Toss could use a badge or two, maybe something regarding altitude and distance achievements.

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/1-kongregate/topics/978-badge-suggestions

Flag Post

Eek. Can we talk about the new challenge here?

Flag Post
Originally posted by duskshine:

Eek. Can we talk about the new challenge here?

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/1-kongregate/topics/227645

Flag Post

Bad Eprod, that goes in the badge suggestions topic :3

Flag Post

Sorry, got confused.

Flag Post

WHERE ARE THE NEW BADGES
I AM GOING INTO WITHDRAWAL