Forums Kongregate

New badge discussion page 19

1490 posts

Flag Post

And yet another tower defense. That makes nearly half of the entire last page of badges.

I’m willing to admit this one’s pretty good as far as the genre goes, at least. I might bother going for the mediums, though probably won’t have the patience for the hard.

Flag Post

badges are cool to lvl up and so but i cant care less about them i just play i dont care if i get a badge or not i dont go out of my way to go get one like seriosly wo i got 20 points from a badge whats the big deal
=)

thats all from me

Flag Post

hello, i would like know : how many badges in totallity into kongregates??? Thanx of your answers

Flag Post
Originally posted by thahatos:

hello, i would like know : how many badges in totallity into kongregates??? Thanx of your answers

2243. Though a handful are unobtainable now.

Flag Post

really thanx for the answer, so il try to have my last 40 badges missing ^^

Flag Post

Bumping this thread for the Qoosh badges. I didn’t think the hard was that bad. I had one full run through at 344 deaths, then just came back next time and did a 239.

Flag Post

I’ll have to pass on the hard for hardware reasons. I can see ideal paths pretty easily, but executing them is another matter entirely with a full second or more of input lag because he went crazy with glow filters.

It’s a shame too, because it was otherwise an excellent game.

Flag Post

wow you guys are good, i busted my just getting the easy badge with that freakin robot teasing the crap outta me.

Flag Post

i’m not a fan of the Qoosh hard badge simply since it’s necessary to be done on 1 run-through. If the levels were re-playable individually, I would be OK with the badge,

Flag Post
Originally posted by LethalMutiny:

Bumping this thread for the Qoosh badges. I didn’t think the hard was that bad. I had one full run through at 344 deaths, then just came back next time and did a 239.

Could you (or somebody else who has a relatively low number of warps) post a list of warps used per level? Since you can quit a level at any time and reset your warps for that level to 0, that would be useful.

Flag Post
Since you can quit a level at any time and reset your warps for that level to 0, that would be useful.

Genius! thank you for that

EDIT:
I just ended with 245 warps. This is how many warps I had total after the levels: After level 1: 2, level 2: 12, level 3: 19, level 4: 27, level 5: 42, level 6: 55, level 7: 89, level 8: 99, level 9: 110, level 10: 126, level 11: 168, level 12: 184, level 13: 210, and at the end of the final level 14: 245.

EDIT 2:
I’m currently uploading 2 youtube video’s with a full walkthrough

Flag Post

I’m currently going very slowly, but I think I’m going pretty much optimally. I just finished level 9 with 90 warps. I think I may be able to get under 200, but let’s see.

You can move most of the boxes/turrets by jumping on them. That saves quite a bit of warps.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Lebossle:

You can move most of the boxes/turrets by jumping on them. That saves quite a bit of warps.

Can you expand on this, I don’t follow how exactly you’re doing this.

Flag Post

Hit their top corner and they’ll move a bit to the side. If you’re on the ground right next to it, you can do min jump and you’ll hit that spot, even hitting the peak of your jump there, allowing you to move it “a lot”. To make getting the min jump easier you can use slow-mo. You can do the same with turrets, but since they are shorter even a min-jump goes above them, so just moving “a bit” at a time is possible.

Flag Post

Lebossle, that sounds painful. Almost as painful as the Demon vs Fairywhatever hard badge, that was even more long and grindy than that Cursed Treasure crap. Ended up 1/5’ing the game.

Flag Post

Also, since Flash still recognises your mouse off-screen if it’s being held, the unlimited-range levels ARE unlimited-range, which lets you have some pretty huge skips.

Flag Post

Seriously? Must try that with the browser zoomed out as far as it goes.

Flag Post

Well, the game doesn’t resize, so I think the only thing you can do is get a big screen and put your browser on window mode so you can put it on the corner of the screen you think is the most productive.

BTW, I stopped caring about being super optimized at level 11, but I still got under 200 warps :D

Flag Post

If you’re having trouble trying to get the hard badge, 254 warps; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZzhYVWxVhU

Flag Post

This DotD hard badge is… terrible. To say the least. Why are you doing this to us?

EDIT: SUPER happy about the imp though. :D:D

Flag Post

Why… I like the frantic imp, but that dots hard badge is :/ I’d rather have it on wartune :3

Flag Post

A day of mixed feelings.

Flag Post

Oh I’m glad I played to level 84 in DotD before. Only 16 million left. :)

Flag Post

If only that were 100million in Legacy, and I’d be good.

Flag Post

Dawn of the Dragons. Seriously… what the fuck is this shit?

I thought it was the policy to not add badges which force the player to play a certain way? Isn’t that EXACTLY what this hard badge does? I played for the other badges and COMPLETELY ignored anything in regards to raiding. Now I might as well be starting back at level 1, redoing the entire game again thanks to this bullshit hard badge.

Normally I try to see this from Kongregate’s view, but this is complete and utter horseshit. If you’re going to badge a PBBG, badge everything you’re going to badge on it at one time, don’t pull this shit.

If you’re going to promise a hard badge to a PBBG developer, there needs to be an expiration date sometime before 9 goddamn months for them to get their shit together.