Forums Kongregate

New badge discussion page 2

1506 posts

Flag Post

Yes, more control makes this one of the better launchers I’ve played.

The controls were a little meh, but not enough to make me knock off a whole star. This was a 5/5 game and I enjoyed it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Bluji:

I agree on Knightmare Tower being better than either of the Burrito Bisons. I kinda felt this hard badge was somehow a lot shorter than the BBR one. Dunno why.

The BBR achievements were more annoying than KT’s. They both have the same design flaw – only 3 available at a time, but in KT they aren’t nearly so annoying/grindy to get. Still, they should be slapped for that kinda design / achievement system. No one likes not getting recognized for something they did, then being asked to go do it when they finally unlock that achievement. Even if you only show me 3, at least reward me for any currently hidden achievements that I’ve done – either automatically when I get there, or as soon as I do it.

Flag Post

JumpingLine should have been a hard badge. It’s way too long, grindy and just hair-pulling tedious for it to be just a Medium.

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:

JumpingLine should have been a hard badge. It’s way too long, grindy and just hair-pulling tedious for it to be just a Medium.

You must be joking. But, I’ll bite… it has checkpoints and only takes 30 mins… medium is fine for that game.

And, how is it grindy? Or are you just saying it has deaths and you have to retry sections…….?

Flag Post

JumpingLine is not very long for a medium and the game isn’t difficult enough to deserve a hard, in my opinion. If you want a long medium, look at LethalRPGDestiny 2.

I agree with 65,000 being perfect for the Knightmare Tower hard.

Flag Post

New badges on Relic Of War, and older game too, but not that old.

Fighting with Fervor Badge ( medium ~ 15 points )
Ally Campaign Completed
or Axis Campaign Completed

Medal of Honor Badge ( hard ~ 30 points )
105 Medals Earned in Ally Campaign
105 Medals Earned in Axis Campaign

Well it may just be me, but the grey image for the hard badge has an error in it.

Flag Post

Hard badge image won’t show for me either, Uuu.

Edit: They fixed it. inb4Raw

Flag Post

Seems too easy for a hard, but the medium is a decent length so I guess it balances out.

Flag Post

I’ll probably get flamed for this, but I don’t like how you don’t get some achievements on Relic of War, even though you’ve pretty much completed them or better. I have this one map where i need to survive for 6 minutes, but I usually win the level in 4. I don’t get the achievement for it.

Flag Post

If only Ninja Warz actually loaded.

Flag Post
Originally posted by wattro:

I’ll probably get flamed for this, but I don’t like how you don’t get some achievements on Relic of War, even though you’ve pretty much completed them or better. I have this one map where i need to survive for 6 minutes, but I usually win the level in 4. I don’t get the achievement for it.

Yeah, that can be annoying. You can untick ‘auto move’ though, which will stop them from moving on from any waypoints you’ve set.

Originally posted by Blizzard2000:

It’s not working for me either :( Badges crashed it perhaps?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Albo12:

Are the two campaign of Relic of War different or not?

Maps are pretty much the same in design but with a different skin and story.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Blizzard2000:

If only it wasn’t another crap MMO.
If only the game screen wasn’t so tall that I doubt it would fit even if I bought another monitor and stacked it on top of this one.

Actually, I’m glad it doesn’t load.

Flag Post

Yeah, we really need to stop giving badges to awful cash grab MMOs. I had to give a morbid chuckle when they gave badges to the superhero card game that was just an outright skin of Clash of the Dragons, but balanced even worse.

Flag Post

Does Kong get paid to give some of these games badges. I can understand once in a while giving an iffy game badges cause of new game mechanics or an interesting game idea or what not. Seriously though, these crappy mmo games that keep getting badges are just retched. So tired of seeing them. Maybe If they just got one to get people to try it. Anything more than a few minutes just seem torturous though, especially if you really can’t stand the game. Which for me is almost all of em. Also while I’m here, please, please, please, don’t give papa games anymore badges. Please.

Flag Post

Why do MMOs keep getting badges? Because they’re rated highly. (Ninja Warz was at 4.08 when I played it just now.)

Why do MMOs continue to be rated highly? Because (at least initially) only MMO fans play them.

If you don’t think MMOs should be badged, play and rate the MMO before it gets badges. Because after it gets badges, it’s too late to do anything about it.

Flag Post

Meh. I don’t mind Ninja Warz getting a easy/medium treatment. You can get both badges in like 3 hours or so without paying any money. (Probably less than that even.)

Flag Post

Many can complain about certain genres, certain game series, or even certain developers’ games getting badges, but the truth is the rating is what matters most. racefan nailed it. Replace “MMO” with any genre or series and you have a solution.

Of course, I’m not going to go around and rate every single game I don’t like a 1 star just because I don’t want it to get badges, but that’s reality.

Flag Post

You know, usually I just abstain from rating games in genres I don’t like (TOWER DEFENSE), because I’m willing to acknowledge that they are somebody’s thing. Awful freemium MMO’s are an exception to this. There have been a couple genuinely well-designed MMO’s on this site (Skystone comes to mind), but almost all of them are just half-assed sets of interfaces as a vehicle for “give us money plzzzz”.

Does Kong get paid to give some of these games badges.

Yes. Every time someone who really, really wants those badges pays kreds to speed things up, Kong gets money.

Flag Post
Does Kong get paid to give some of these games badges.

Yes. Every time someone who really, really wants those badges pays kreds to speed things up, Kong gets money.

Pykrete, what? I don’t think you understand how it works.

But, no. Kongregate doesn’t get paid to badge games.

Flag Post

Bible Fight.

Flag Post

I meant the player, not the developer. No, Kong is not directly paid by developers to badge awful MMO’s, but they do get money whenever a player gets fed up enough with playing it that they pay money for ingame perks to get the badge faster instead of just not playing it.

Also mother-effbombing Bible Fight. Thanks for reminding me of that disaster :P

Flag Post

I would say that the vast majority of income from MMOs comes from the hardcore, dedicated players who play the game long before it gets badges, and keep playing long after everyone else has left.

Flag Post

Keep it to mediums and I’ll be more than content with tolerating those PBBGs. (Actually, I hate to admit this, but Epic War Saga actually wasn’t that bad because you could get the hard badge in one day.) It’s when the hard badge isn’t possible to earn in less than a week unless you spend money that annoys me. :(

Flag Post
Originally posted by racefan12:

Why do MMOs keep getting badges? Because they’re rated highly. (Ninja Warz was at 4.08 when I played it just now.)

Why do MMOs continue to be rated highly? Because (at least initially) only MMO fans play them.

If you don’t think MMOs should be badged, play and rate the MMO before it gets badges. Because after it gets badges, it’s too late to do anything about it.

Don’t you worry, i gave it a 1 ages ago. When I open up a game, and see it’s some stupid MMO structure, my mind wants to fuck chuck norris.