Forums Kongregate

New badge discussion page 20

1507 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by Blizzard2000:

This DotD hard badge is… terrible. To say the least. Why are you doing this to us?

Indeed. This seems like another Backyard Monsters “if you log on every day, this badge will still take more than a month” badge, only this one is on a worse game.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Fricknmaniac:

If you’re going to badge a PBBG, badge everything you’re going to badge on it at one time, don’t pull this shit.

2x the plays doing it like this.

Flag Post

It’s a shame… such a thing would have been a great surprise a few years ago.

These days, I doubt anyone is surprised at all.

Flag Post
Originally posted by DarkRainyKnight:
Originally posted by Fricknmaniac:

If you’re going to badge a PBBG, badge everything you’re going to badge on it at one time, don’t pull this shit.

2x the plays doing it like this.

If you think about it, not really, it just spreads out the same amount of plays over a longer period of time. It still takes the same amount of days of playing to do that damage, regardless of when you do it. I’m just hoping that damage scales up a lot when you level up, otherwise this could be a while.

Flag Post

As much as I at least give the genre a chance…

This is a silly badge. I mean, I am still gonna get it cause you literally play the “game” for 5 seconds every few hours. However I can 100% promise I won’t enjoy it.

I think it is a safe bet to say that 5th planet and Kong have a special deal with each other above other devs. How else would Clash and Dawn both receive delayed hard badges? I can respect that, but could you at least put all the badges on a game when you originally badge it? :P I certainly will be the last to complain if an MMO is 4 badged, but can we get all 4 badges at once?

Flag Post

For those who have unlocked the later bonus stages, how bad is the Frantic 3 impossible? From what I can tell so far, it seems on the easier side of the impossibles.

(It would be shame if we spent more time discussing the horribly designed Dawn of Dragons badge than the reasonably well designed badges on five other games this week.)

Edit: I’m somewhat surprised that the Caesar’s Day Off badge reflects a specific ending, rather than just game completed.

Flag Post

It is on the easier side, definitely. Well… if you play on casual, anyway, I can’t speak for the others. :3

Flag Post

For Frantic 3, really only the area 5 bonus stages are somewhat difficult, at least when playing on the easiest settings. Overall I’m in agreement with it being an impossible rather than a hard, though, because it’d be one of the hardest hards, but it’s now one of the easier impossibles.

Flag Post

DotD isn’t too time consuming with lots of legion power.

Flag Post

I would have liked to see a points-based Hard for Frantic. Otherwise, I’m happy with the badges.

Flag Post

Yeah, F the new hard badge sideways. 8 million raid damage in Dawn of the SPACE Dragons (IT’S IN SPACE SO IT’S TOTALLY DIFFERENT AND NOT JUST A GRAPHIC SWAP GUYS) was tedious enough. Doing that 12 1/2 times over in the previous MMO that’s so old as to be nearly defunct by now is just unconscionable.

Frantic is good though.

Flag Post

For Dawn of Dragons, be sure to focus on the new world raid; that will make getting the badge marginally faster (you can use all of stamina/honor/energy on it, and the damage rates are elevated.) It’s still not great.

I was amused to discovered I had 300 million gold when I logged in, and there’s still nothing worthwhile to spend it on.

Flag Post

Spend it on gold for more gold. Thats what I do.

Flag Post

Thank god I played DotD a lot with my friends when the easy and medium came out. Otherwise I would be raging here too.

Flag Post

I was amused to discovered I had 300 million gold when I logged in, and there’s still nothing worthwhile to spend it on.

Buy more land, obviously. This game is actually monopoly in disguise.

Flag Post

Dawn of the dragons: I liked the game up to the medium badge, but this is just insane… Not only does the badge take weeks, if not months to get, it’s also really repetitive and not a ‘goal’ instead. Bah!

Caesar’s Day off: Nice little ‘game’, and a good simple easy badge

Wake up the box 5: Just as good as the other 4 games and good badge

Frantic 3: I’m really glad this game got badges (especially the impossible badge; it’s not really that hard but it’s fun to play). Here are some tips (I commented on the game itself but the comment is probably dead by now):

First of all, get the ‘interceptor’ ship. Play on kamikaze (no hits allowed) and casual (bosses and enemies are weaker and bullets are slower). Completely focus on dodging, money won’t be a big issue. Get 8 cannons and 1 rocket (yea, the ninth weapon slot is in dark green and hidden but if you click on it you can buy a weapon there:p), and 3 power booster, 3 overdrive drive and 2 Absorption panels. The only hard thing about the impossible badge are the last 2 levels (Area 5 bonus 2 and 3), in which I show the tactics here; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5Nv1cLOamI Good luck!

Flag Post

Dawn of the Dragons. WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY after all this time? D:

Flag Post

To quickly get the hard badge on this WR put all ur sp into energy. The more LSI the more you can do to this WR

Flag Post
Originally posted by HULKSMASHEDU:

To quickly get the hard badge on this WR put all ur sp into energy. The more LSI the more you can do to this WR

The downside to that, of course is that you have to be far enough along in the story to do any sort of raid damage. You can’t have done the first act on harder difficulties instead of going to new acts, like I did.

Flag Post

Still not sure what’s the right way to approach the hard badge. Should I be putting all my points into the world raid, or doing raids/quests at the same time?

Flag Post
Originally posted by CowFriend:

Still not sure what’s the right way to approach the hard badge. Should I be putting all my points into the world raid, or doing raids/quests at the same time?

simple: don’t play the game… you’ll get to 65 with or without that badge.

Flag Post
Originally posted by CowFriend:

For such an absurd amount of damage required, I would just do quests a bit until you find some weapon with high damage. I am doing 500 damage per energy, so 100 million damage is a bit ridiculous at that pace. I am leveling a bit.

Flag Post

Damage does scale up quite a bit as you go. For example, I’m level 42 right now and do about 75,000 damage when doing the 20 energy things (my best was 450,000 when a guild buff came into play, and about 290,000 when it was just me and one of my item buffs), so I can only imagine that over time it’ll become much easier to deal significant amounts of damage.

Flag Post

I’m level 35, and I do ~80k damage for 20 energy. Is doing quests and getting crappy items that might be slightly better than my current equipment (probably +10 more attack/defense) really going to help?

Flag Post

I assume the optimal strategy is exactly the same as when they reskinned the game IN SPACE: all but ignore the main story because it’s absurdly slow with basically no reward, spend all stat points on raid stamina, and tap endgame Nightmare raid bosses listed on a pastebin somewhere to get free late-game loot with 50+ times the stats of your starting gear.