Forums Kongregate

New badge discussion page 21

1507 posts

Flag Post

I’m not that upset about DotD badge, it’s gonna take a while, but no big deal.

Wake Up the Box was ew. The series started going downhill when they started making you draw the shapes, in my opinion.

Caesar’s Day Off is a cute little game. Easy and funny badge.

Frantic 3 was the best game badged by far. I was awaiting it’s badges, and I am very satisfied with the badges. The imp was pretty easy, which isn’t a secret. I took me about 5 hours over two days. It’s not incredibly easy, like Meat Boy or Focus, but it’s not nearly as hard as most other imps. It definitely fits the title though.

Flag Post

its actually easy the DotD badge with decent gear (tag Z9 raids after this WR), get a guild get BB (or the next homepage legion) fill it et 7LSI focusing in stamina and

Flag Post
Originally posted by HULKSMASHEDU:

its actually easy the DotD badge with decent gear (tag Z9 raids after this WR), get a guild get BB (or the next homepage legion) fill it et 7LSI focusing in stamina and

Could you repeat that in English? I’d like to spend as little time as possible on this badge, and I don’t understand anything you said after “gear”.

Flag Post

On your profile, you’ll see LSI and BSI with numbers after it.
LSI = Energy + 2*Stam and caps at 7 – get it to 7 ASAP
BSI = Attack + Defence and is only really important if you want to go into PvP

“Tagging” raids is essentially contributing an insultingly low amount of damage to a raid – like hitting 100K on a raid with a billion health. Doing it won’t earn you any friends but if you only care about the badge it’s a nice way to get some better equipment and generals/troops for your legion.

Joining a guild is self-explanatory. It allows you to spend your honor points on attacking guild raids.
“BB” could refer to any number of legions, but, again, if you’re hunting for the badge then running, it shouldn’t make much of a difference – just pick something that allows you to have lots of troops and generals, really, for the badge.

“Z9” (or zone 9) simply refers to the ninth questing area and the bosses you find within. I wouldn’t bother – I’d hit lots of Erebus the Blacks and other smaller raids to gain a lot of stat points to pump up stamina, then later attack. (1Attack = 4RaidDamage per stamina point, 1Defence = 1RaidDamage per stamina point.)

Finally, I’d also consider raising your health to at least 500… progressing in DotD takes long enough without having no health and no money.

Hope I’ve been at least moderately helpful.

Flag Post

From what I remember of LoTS, health and gold were such an embarrassing non-issue as to not even warrant mention, largely because you got gold for bloody everything and there was nothing else worth spending gold on because all the equipment from the shop that had more than 5 or so stat points was all for premium currency.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Notverygood:

On your profile, you’ll see LSI and BSI with numbers after it.
LSI = Energy + 2*Stam and caps at 7 – get it to 7 ASAP
BSI = Attack + Defence and is only really important if you want to go into PvP

“Tagging” raids is essentially contributing an insultingly low amount of damage to a raid – like hitting 100K on a raid with a billion health. Doing it won’t earn you any friends but if you only care about the badge it’s a nice way to get some better equipment and generals/troops for your legion.

Joining a guild is self-explanatory. It allows you to spend your honor points on attacking guild raids.
“BB” could refer to any number of legions, but, again, if you’re hunting for the badge then running, it shouldn’t make much of a difference – just pick something that allows you to have lots of troops and generals, really, for the badge.

“Z9” (or zone 9) simply refers to the ninth questing area and the bosses you find within. I wouldn’t bother – I’d hit lots of Erebus the Blacks and other smaller raids to gain a lot of stat points to pump up stamina, then later attack. (1Attack = 4RaidDamage per stamina point, 1Defence = 1RaidDamage per stamina point.)

Finally, I’d also consider raising your health to at least 500… progressing in DotD takes long enough without having no health and no money.

Hope I’ve been at least moderately helpful.

By BB I mean the legion you get from Rhalmarius (the hard guild raid)
You also forgot about the LSI cap and where to put sp after your at 7LSI (after 500hp go put in attack and defence)
Also you will need to make lots of gold per hour to heal later on (1.4M with 1K hp at level 520)

Flag Post

New badges on Band Of Heroes

For me the first medium awarded on the level after I unlocked the 4th hero. Just me?

Flag Post
Originally posted by ivod:
The only hard thing about the impossible badge are the last 2 levels (Area 5 bonus 2 and 3), in which I show the tactics here; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5Nv1cLOamI Good luck!

Using shockwaves instead of cannons trivializes the Area 5 bonus 2 mini boss. You still have to deal with the final rush of enemies, and obviously shockwaves are mostly useless elsewhere.

Flag Post
Originally posted by DarkRainyKnight:

New badges on Band Of Heroes

For me the first medium awarded on the level after I unlocked the 4th hero. Just me?

I didn’t get either of the first two badges until I exited out to the main menu, though I got the final medium when I completed the final level.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Thok:
Originally posted by ivod:
The only hard thing about the impossible badge are the last 2 levels (Area 5 bonus 2 and 3), in which I show the tactics here; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5Nv1cLOamI Good luck!

Using shockwaves instead of cannons trivializes the Area 5 bonus 2 mini boss. You still have to deal with the final rush of enemies, and obviously shockwaves are mostly useless elsewhere.

I didn’t find the miniboss itself that hard, but that final shitstorm of bullet-spamming enemies was the single hardest thing in the game. When I finally beat them, it wasn’t skill—it was pure luck.

Flag Post

The enemies after the 5-5 miniboss the hardest thing in the game? Interesting. I can do that unharmed every try, but the 5-6 boss took 15 minutes.

Flag Post

I assume Lou’s playing a difficulty higher than Casual, which would make the bullet spam much worse.

Flag Post

I’m not sure which difficulty I did it on. I started playing weeks ago when the game was first released, and just used the same save file when I came back to do the badges.

Flag Post

2 badges to King’s Bounty:Legions
Game hangs for me after about 3 actions and have to reload…

Flag Post

I’m not going to bother complaining about King’s Bounty being yet another cash-grab MMO that got badges, I’m not going to complain about it being energy based, I’m also not going to bother complaining about it crashing my browser twice and disconnecting me every 5 min, or wanting to post to my feed every few clicks. I can tolerate all that.
But what really disappoints me is the medium badge. You continuously run into players way stronger than you, either cause they are higher level or used Kreds. After yet another PVP loss you’ll find your guys in the infirmary and then you have to spend your Stamina/Energy on healing them.
Poor badge design imho.

Also no clue how this game reached a rating of 4.2. It’s not a bad game, sure. But 4.2? That’s absurdly high. Maybe it’s because till it got badges only fans of the series played it since it came out last year.

Flag Post

Also no clue how this game reached a rating of 4.2. It’s not a bad game, sure. But 4.2? That’s absurdly high.

Because apparently a game’s rating is directly proportional to the size of its game screen.

Maybe it’s because till it got badges only fans of the series played it since it came out last year.

Well, there’s that, too.

Flag Post

I feel like I should be ripping this game a new one, but it kind of has to get past the preloader first.

Flag Post

This badge is horrible.
I seem like I’m one of the lucky ones who can actually play the game for starters.
However, it takes forever to get a match for PVP, and when the planets align and I finally get a match, I get matched with some retard with no life who paid real money for a shitload of overpowered units.

Be right back while I bash my face against a brick wall. Kongregate, why do you continue to disappoint me these days.

Flag Post

It seems more like an idle game to me. Just sit there doing nothing.

(I’m assuming a static screen uselessly saying ‘connecting to server’ until the end of time is the actual game here, right?)

Flag Post
Originally posted by NeilSenna:

It seems more like an idle game to me. Just sit there doing nothing.

(I’m assuming a static screen uselessly saying ‘connecting to server’ until the end of time is the actual game here, right?)

Yes.

Same thing it said way back whenever it was released.

Devs need to stop using the Unity engine until they learn how to actually use it.

Flag Post

They keep failing hard with MMO badges.

Flag Post
Originally posted by resterman:

They keep failing hard with MMO badges.

At least both CotD and DotD were still okay to do even though they both took a while to do. But King’s Bounty… no. Just NO.

Flag Post

PvP for any badge on any game is bullshit. The badge is doomed, since it will only be earnable for so long, since all games inevitably lose their popularity.

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:

PvP for any badge on any game is bullshit. The badge is doomed, since it will only be earnable for so long, since all games inevitably lose their popularity.

Agreed, and it’s even worse for this one because it’s Unity. :/

Flag Post

Yeah, it’s always a good idea to get this type of badge quickly, when there’s still a large supply of new players. But the good news is that it doesn’t take very long — I got mine in about 30 minutes of playing. Two tips:

1) Do NOT check the checkbox that says “Adjust my power down to match more opponents” (or accept the offer to do so if it takes too long to find a match at your own level). This makes it sound like you’ll get matched against lower-level opponents, but what it actually means is that you’ll get matched against HIGHER-level opponents (and get slaughtered). Just be patient looking for a match.

2) Don’t be afraid to flee if you are outclassed (it’s the button at the lower-right). You can only do this at the beginning of the battle, so take a look, and if your enemy has awesome units, it’s better to run away and try again later than it is to have your whole army wiped out.

Also, don’t forget your scrolls.