Forums Kongregate

New badge discussion page 29

1490 posts

Flag Post

That was strangely on the easy side of hard badges. Once you figure out a path, it’s no problem. Done in about 12 mins.

Edit: Would have been cool to reference two platformers and name the hard badge “Give Up, Subject”

Flag Post

Sorry, triple alliteration trumps all!

Flag Post

So…will the badge for Spikes Tend To Kill You be called the “Give Up” badge?

Flag Post
Originally posted by uzzbuzz:

Edit: Would have been cool to reference two platformers and name the hard badge “Give Up, Subject”

Someone really needs to make AdultSwim add API to GUR. Like, bad.

Flag Post

Give Up was decent, but not as hard as I was expecting. Most of the levels you could skip half the path it obviously wants you to take — in the middle chunk of them you could go through that hole between the pair of spikes and skip that entire L-shaped deathtrap above it, and in the last several with the saws you could skip the entire bottom 2/3 of the level by using the invisible wall and single block on the top left to bumrush the first gun and get all the way to the saws at the end.

More than anything, I was dying to the game deciding to lose jump inputs for some reason. Like, it’d just not take any jump commands for upwards of a second at a time.

Flag Post

Easy badge should have been called “Lag Spikes Tend To Kill You”

Flag Post

They shoulda just made “this is the only level whatever number its up too”.

The badges are fine. :3

Flag Post

New badges on HoW 3

This game has more bugs than Virginia in August.

Flag Post

indeed. already beat the game, so i’m not 100% certain, but I think that Ally with one of the Factions typically happens pretty close to the end of the game. I think I got to Ally when I went to the 2nd area. You can probably get it earlier by grinding. I probably would have chosen something that’s not quite that far along. Maybe 4 riddles, or get 3 champions in your party.

Aside from that thought, i think the other 2 are just fine.

Flag Post

Give Up was the best Flash game I’ve played in a while. The badges were satisfactory.

Flag Post

Give Up was a nice idea, and for the most part well done. My main gripe with it is that double jumping was really difficult do to bad key response, at least for me.

The badges for HoW 3 are pretty good, excluding the medium being way longer than necessary. Could’ve been friendly status with multiple factions IMO, or as Wattro said, 3 champions in your party. I still need to get the hard badge though, should have it done sometime today. Also, apparently this game has tons of glitches. I’m just glad I haven’t run into any.

Flag Post
Originally posted by DarkRainyKnight:

New badges on HoW 3

This game has more bugs than Virginia in August.

Seems to be a recurring issue with this series. I had to report missing badge for one of the previous 2 games because the game made it literally impossible to finish.

Flag Post

Is anyone else having trouble with this game or is it just me? I just seem to be really shit at it, I can’t even complete one of the quests before the first boss. Looks like this is the first Friday challenge I won’t be getting :/

Flag Post
Originally posted by SamsterSamster:

Is anyone else having trouble with this game or is it just me? I just seem to be really shit at it, I can’t even complete one of the quests before the first boss. Looks like this is the first Friday challenge I won’t be getting :/

It is definitely one of the harder friday challenges. A major help that I didn’t realize for a long time is to buy the best faction items you can for your allies. Their starting equips suck and they get much better if you equip them, but I guess that goes without saying.

Tips for first boss if you’re really having trouble:

1)Grind a faction’s quest until you get ally rank, that way you get access to their best stores.
2) Always choose faction points when you are doing their quests
3)Gamble a lot and keep buying faction symbol things from their lowest tiered merchant (I try to keep my money between 1.5k-6k)
4) Get the best equips and the aggressive skill for your job type, and maybe the passive if you like it.
5) Get the two allies you can get at this point by following faction quests and arm them with their best equips from spending faction points (There’s a ring of +55 every main stat)
6) If you have a warrior and ranger ally, set the warrior to defensive mode and the ranger to heal mode in the party tab
7) Good Luck on the boss! :D

Bonus Tip: Gamble a lot more and buy like 600 potions (or however many you want) and get the party to auto use them.

As for glitches, I have been stuck in buildings, and have had the ability to cross a river (which is no shortcut, it just delayed me getting to destination.

I was in the corner of that bottom right piece of land, and tried shooting the spiders, and eventually this happened. I had no free movement on the water, it was just that everytime I clicked, I would move slightly upwards, So I did escape.

Flag Post

Buying lots of potions is really a solve-all strategy. I managed to win with just 40 potions and my party at Level 13. Allies will automatically use potions. I didn’t even realize this at first but it’s key to playing… or spamming through if you’re tired of the game. If you are tired of the game and never plan on going back, just blow all your cash on equipment first and then enough potions to drown the entire arena.

Flag Post
Allies will automatically use potions.

Only if you set them to use them automatically (which by default it is), and only if they’re below 20% health, and even at that there’s a 2 second delay between when they can use them, so they can still die.

I beat the game with me and 2 champions as DPS rangers and a warrior as a tank, really was a great strategy from what I found, since every enemy would just flock to the tank, and as long as he never died (he essentially never did), the rangers could easily knock out the enemies while taking minimal damage themselves.

As for glitches, I was able to walk through buildings/bushes often, and during one of the bosses he just ran off screen and ended up behind the wall that was around the screen, so that actually helped, since my units could regen health during those times.

Flag Post

Anyone else get this – I got beaten by the boss in the castle, then came back to the same area. He was gone, but his minions were still there so I killed them. He didn’t reappear even then, though his minions keep respawning, and I’ve tried walking through all the walls that give me an arrow to no avail in case he’s run off somewhere else.

As for the first boss, I couldn’t fend off the 12 ambushers so went off and forgot about it, levelled to 20+ doing other quests before remembering to return XD It is too difficult for so soon in the game, but there’s more than enough other stuff available to do.

I’ve also had my buddies instantly die during boss fights, for example the guy who keeps reviving somehow killed my archer when he died despite being nowhere near her.

Flag Post

The first boss was mostly asking “did you pack tons of potions?” in the most obnoxious way possible.

Then again, picking Alliance and Magicians gives you a dedicated tank and healer, which means you’re pretty much set for the whole game. I think I lucked out on that, because I wouldn’t have been able to do either myself.

^ I think instantly killing two of your party members over the course of the fight is a gimmick. It sucked double for me, because I was a mage, and he killed my tank second, so for the last phase of the fight I had to just kite him in circles for like 4-5 minutes.

Flag Post

So, new badge.

Game was OK, the book was very helpful in hinting on what to do when you got stuck as well. I got stuck after talking to the woman though, since I didn’t know what to do to move (tried clicking on the sides, everyone on the screen, no dice). 30 minutes later I realised you had to click on the map and then click on the location to move.

Got stuck again in the forest where I couldn’t find the squirrel, finally searched up the walkthrough on jayisgames for that. Other than that it was fine. Badge seems appropriate with 15 points, considering the book that pretty much tells you what to do.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Pykrete:

Then again, picking Alliance and Magicians gives you a dedicated tank and healer, which means you’re pretty much set for the whole game. I think I lucked out on that, because I wouldn’t have been able to do either myself.

The Runners also give you a Tank, though I can’t really say which one is better. But at least you don’t have to worry about that being a gap in your lines!

Originally posted by ChooJeremy:

So, new badge.

Game was OK, the book was very helpful in hinting on what to do when you got stuck as well. I got stuck after talking to the woman though, since I didn’t know what to do to move (tried clicking on the sides, everyone on the screen, no dice). 30 minutes later I realised you had to click on the map and then click on the location to move.

Given that the map is barely a factor in the game is also kind of irritating. There are no branching paths, no reason to wander about, they really could have just had roads connecting the few locations that did require the map and snipped the whole dead-ended feature!

Flag Post

No fourth badge of any sort for Ghost Hacker 2? I’m disappointed. :(

Flag Post

Well, there’ll probably be a challenge in an hour or two, that’s something! EDIT: Or “as I’m posting,” whichever.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Blizzard2000:

No fourth badge of any sort for Ghost Hacker 2? I’m disappointed. :(

There’s still discussion whether there should be another hard or an imp, so there’s a possibility of more :D

Flag Post

Definitely one of the easier weekly challenges. Though not gonna keep playing it until I beat the prequel (probably never).

Flag Post
Originally posted by CowFriend:

Definitely one of the easier weekly challenges. Though not gonna keep playing it until I beat the prequel (probably never).

very true!