Forums Kongregate

New badge discussion page 32

1508 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by rawismojo:

Thanks. Would you (and anyone else!) mind doing me an extra favor? We really want to find out what the cause of the issues is before we badge any more html5 games. The current running theory is that it’s a cookie (probably a Kong-related one) that somehow conflicts with the API interactions with html5 games. Would anyone who has had issues earning either of these two badges mind installing a cookie managing extension/plugin (like this one for chrome or this one for firefox ) and take a screenshot of the cookies you have associated with Kongregate (like this for example)? I know this is a lot of work, but no one in the office had any issues earning any of the badges, so we need a little help in reproducing this in order to figure out what the problem is and get a fix started.

Thanks!

I was unable to get the Groundhog Day Dilemma badge from No-One Has To Die
I Was able to get the Magnetized ones

Using Chrome/Win 8

Flag Post

Hopefully this data helps somehow haha

Flag Post

Here you go. I got magnetized ones no problem, but no-one has to die wouldn’t award retroactively, but worked afterwards in incognito. Chrome / Windows 7 64bit

Flag Post

Feels like, to eliminate the grind factor, the Ninja Slash medium should have been for points and the hard for combo.

Flag Post

true!

Flag Post
Originally posted by Blizzard2000:

Feels like, to eliminate the grind factor, the Ninja Slash medium should have been for points and the hard for combo.

I do feel rather silly grinding coins just so I can spam one of the abilities without regard for the intended purpose just to upgrade my maximum combo. I felt really good when I broke 300 combo, but I didn’t give a shit when I broke 20,000 points.

Flag Post

i don’t even like ninja slash… i’m not sure what the appeal it has is.

Flag Post

The Ninja Slash seems too difficult. I mean really..

Flag Post

I’d enjoy Ninja Slash a lot more if it wasn’t for two things. The occasional fatsos which automatically break your combo and the exorbitant price of upgrades, requiring a LOT of excessive grinding.

Flag Post
The occasional fatsos which automatically break your combo

I haven’t run into this. You can swipe or tap down when in the middle of a jump to cancel that animation and immediately go straight to the ground. You can easily avoid jumping over normal zombies this way.

Flag Post

I agree with Blizz, the medium should’ve been about points and the hard about combo. This way, getting the hard would’ve been much quicker. Once again, you chose a long hard over a more difficult hard, which I don’t like because I’ve noticed it in many recent games that they weren’t as difficult as earlier games but much longer.

Flag Post
The occasional fatsos which automatically break your combo

I haven’t run into this. You can swipe or tap down when in the middle of a jump to cancel that animation and immediately go straight to the ground. You can easily avoid jumping over normal zombies this way.

That’s good to know.

edit: And of course after probably about a half dozen runs of 45k+, I finally break 50k… and in convincing fashion (almost 75k).

Flag Post

Outernauts is an oversized blank white screen for me. Granted one with nice music and an Insomniac logo, but a blank white screen nonetheless.

Flag Post

Both Magnetized and no-one has to die. are html5 games (the first ones to be badged, in fact!). We don’t have a way to host html5 games directly on Kong, so they have to be iframed for the time-being while we sort an upload system up. That’s why they’re in iframes.

Just wondering, is progress for html5 games stored locally like flash games? If so, where?

Flag Post

Yes, but it depends on your browser. On Firefox, for instance, it’s stored in webappsstore.sqlite in your profile folder.

Flag Post
Originally posted by plujan:

Yes, but it depends on your browser. On Firefox, for instance, it’s stored in webappsstore.sqlite in your profile folder.

Thanks. What about Chrome?

Flag Post

Strike Force Heroes 2 was a long grind for a medium badge.

Flag Post
Originally posted by G0T0Guy:

Strike Force Heroes 2 was a long grind for a medium badge.

For me it was a single try for each level, which made it quite the short badge. Granted, I did play each level on the easy difficulty, and did upgrade my weapons and items regularly, but still I didn’t need to do any grinding for it.

Flag Post

Same, played on normal with engineer. Some levels felt longer than others, like the one with the giant mech but only had to play through the levels once.

Flag Post

Mmhmm, SFH2 was perfect for a medium just based off difficulty (never lost either) and length (~an hour).

Snail Bob 4 can be sort of tedious finding the stars, so the all stars requirement could have been dropped, although it doesn’t make that big a difference and still a well placed medium badge.

Caribbean Admiral I did not like at first, but in the end, I sort of enjoyed the playthrough. There could have been another medium in there somewhere for X tiered ship if there was the api, as the gap felt rather long, and for a semi-longish medium too.

Flag Post

I knew Snail Bob 4 Space would get badges.

Flag Post

I enjoyed trying to find all the stars in Snail Bob 4. I enjoyed Caribbean Admiral, too. Good badges.

Flag Post
Originally posted by AllStarDominatio:

I knew Snail Bob 4 Space would get badges.

Spent more time finding the stars then solving the levels.

Caribbean Admiral had potential but in the end didn’t really leave me with any sense of accomplishment.

Flag Post

I liked Snail Bob 4, didn’t have too much trouble with collecting the stars, and the puzzles were all fairly easy. Caribbean Admiral was also pretty fun, and relatively straight forward (basically you only ever need to unlock the right ships, not the left ones, and not upgrade any until the last ones, then spam the high cost attacks on the final boss).

Flag Post

… :D: medium is fine, except my save file was lost from finishing it last week…