Forums Kongregate

New badge discussion page 5

1506 posts

Flag Post

Why did they have to make it so that three squad battles are so rare :/?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Xaqqax2:

I always want to strangle something when a MMO gets badges.

Strangle the people that rate highly. ;-;

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:
Originally posted by Xaqqax2:

I always want to strangle something when a MMO gets badges.

Strangle the people that rate highly. ;-;

No shit. The masses of people shouldn’t be allowed to rate games. Thank god I’m almost at 65 and I can willingly stop giving a fuck aboot badges. The quality of badges has gone down tremendously this year — mainly because of the decrease in badges, the fact that they’re generally made only on fridays now, and that 50% of badges end up on stupid MMO “games”.

Flag Post

I’d really love to hear a response about this latest MMO. It doesn’t have a good rating (unless its rating has plummeted since it received badges, which very well could be the case) and it can hardly be considered a game. The previous MMOs did have high ratings. (somehow) This latest one doesn’t have decent instructions (even judging by MMO standards) and I don’t think I need to touch on the topic of twiddling my thumbs during the battles. The only way it could have been worse if there was a crappy energy system. Or was there? I probably wouldn’t have even been able to tell because the game screen was so big and I was so lost.

Flag Post

One of the worst games ever badged. I just don’t understand how the rating can be so high.

Flag Post

Wow, now we get easy badges by simply LOADING THE GAME… can’t even take a glance at the game screen before you get your free points. Are those MMOs supposed to replace the Google a Day thingy or something?

Flag Post
Originally posted by DarkRainyKnight:

I’d really love to hear a response about this latest MMO. It doesn’t have a good rating (unless its rating has plummeted since it received badges, which very well could be the case)

It’s dropped at least from 3.88 to 3.70 in a day.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Thok:
Originally posted by DarkRainyKnight:

I’d really love to hear a response about this latest MMO. It doesn’t have a good rating (unless its rating has plummeted since it received badges, which very well could be the case)

It’s dropped at least from 3.88 to 3.70 in a day.

3.69 now. Their rating bots are no match for an army of vengeful badge-hunters. The badge-makers need to start exercising some editorial control over what gets badges rather than just blindly following the rating.

Meanwhile, the Cargo Bridge 2 badges seem pretty good. I’m glad that getting the k.i.s.s. award on all 60 levels wasn’t a requirement of the hard badge, since the in-game system for handing out the gold coins—that you need to buy the power-ups, that are pretty much required for most of the k.i.s.s. awards—is totally stupid.

Flag Post

The 5 top comments say all about this dumb Berserk game:

Yesterday I was already joking around with a friend that no crappy card game with premium content got badges this week, but guess that was a bit early.
This game proves that badges have nothing to do with fun games and high ratings anymore, Kong is simply whoring out itself to any premium content game. Do these devs simply buy the addition of badges to their games or do you still pretend it was your choice to badge such a game, Kong?

Not only that issues like extended leaderboards, raising the lvl cap, fixing private chatrooms so you don’t have to invite your friends each time again etc. arent adressed in years, that the communication from Kongadmints with the players has become worse and worse since Duklette and AllisonClair don’t do the job anymore, now also the core feature of Kong, the badges, is becoming worse every week.

Flag Post

I liked yesterday’s badges more. Cargo Bridge 2’s physics seem to be just as good as its prequel’s and Berserk just sucks. Purely sucks.

DAMNIT, OUR CRAPPY BADGERS GREG AND RAW, WILL YOU BADGE SOME OLDER CLASSICS? FOR EXAMPLE, SEE PRECARIOUS’S SUGGESTIONS IN THE BADGE SUGGESTION TOPIC!

Flag Post

I love when MMO’s get badged. All of your rage is delicious :3

Even though I think the game is utter crap XD

Flag Post

Badged games have been sucky lately. Boo.

Flag Post

greg and raw, if you’re reading this thread: while a ~3.7+ rating may be a necessary condition for badges, it shouldn’t be sufficient. Berserk needs to be Prince of Persia’d. I also recommend a moratorium on badging MMO card games for the rest of 2012, because damn.

Flag Post
Originally posted by bobby71983:

Most people that complain about the badges on Berserk dislike the fact that it has literally no gameplay. Why do we even have to watch the fights if you can’t influence the outcome at all? Of course the pay to win option, the energy system and the memory leak doesn’t help either.

I tolerate badges on MMOs, but it’s pathetic that the 4th (or so) card game in a row is getting badges although it’s utter crap. The only reason for those badges can be the premium content in the game and therefore $$$ for Kong.

Yes, many people dislike badges on MMOs in general, but I think it’s something different with the rage against this game.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Precarious:

greg and raw, if you’re reading this thread: while a ~3.7+ rating may be a necessary condition for badges, it shouldn’t be sufficient. Berserk needs to be Prince of Persia’d. I also recommend a moratorium on badging MMO card games for the rest of 2012, because damn.

The easy badge, while pointless, isn’t so bad. But the medium is stupid: it’s unclear that there’s any easier way to get the medium than to get to level 10 and do the dragon treasure’s quests.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Thyrael:

Most people that complain about the badges on Berserk dislike the fact that it has literally no gameplay. Why do we even have to watch the fights if you can’t influence the outcome at all? Of course the pay to win option, the energy system and the memory leak doesn’t help either.

I tolerate badges on MMOs, but it’s pathetic that the 4th (or so) card game in a row is getting badges although it’s utter crap. The only reason for those badges can be the premium content in the game and therefore $$$ for Kong.

Yes, many people dislike badges on MMOs in general, but I think it’s something different with the rage against this game.

Hey, I agree in this rare instance. Berserk is a piece of crap game. It’s arguably the worst MMO of the year. I’m not even going to get the easy badge..I couldn’t tolerate the game long enough.

I’m just an evil person, basically. So watching the reactions to this game is amusing. I’m somewhat shocked they actually badged this.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Thok:
Originally posted by Precarious:

The easy badge, while pointless, isn’t so bad. But the medium is stupid: it’s unclear that there’s any easier way to get the medium than to get to level 10 and do the dragon treasure’s quests.

A game where you don’t have to play is not really a game (a badge where you don’t have to play is not really a badge).

Flag Post

Now that Berserk was badged, maybe Just Chatting / Trolling could get an easy badge?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Bluji:

Now that Berserk was badged, maybe Just Chatting / Trolling could get an easy badge?

+10000000

Also..I’m not one to judge peoples spending habits, but if anyone puts actual money into berserk, would you also mind paying my rent?

Flag Post

I rather they make slow, quality badges than crap tons of these garbage games getting badges.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Bluji:

+10000000

Also..I’m not one to judge peoples spending habits, but if anyone puts actual money into berserk, would you also mind paying my rent?

I make no bones about saying that Berserk is the worst badged game of 2012 so far. It has zero redeeming features.

Flag Post

How I got the medium badge. (I found that doing trying to do the Dragon Treasure thing resulted in me getting my ass handed to me.)

There is a three squad battle in the 1st and 3rd 10 battle campaigns (the Forest and Swamp weapons, for reference).
Just buy the 8 card elemental packs for Forest and improve your main deck (I ended up with a second Forest hero, which I used for the third squad)
By the time I had finished those two campaigns, I had gotten a 15 gold reward (fairly sure it was from hitting level 10).
At that point I just restarted one of those campaigns by paying the gold and got the third three squad battle.

tl;dr The Forest and Swamp 10 battle campaigns for weapons each have a three squad fight, just repeat one of those campaigns after finishing it

Flag Post
Originally posted by y0ttabyte:

Badged games have been sucky lately. Boo.

I agree.

Flag Post

Too many CCG games have been badge’d recently. I don’t mind them occasionally but three in the last month? A bit much for my liking.

Flag Post
Originally posted by BlackBone:

Too many CCG games have been badge’d recently. I don’t mind them occasionally but three in the last month? A bit much for my liking.

2/5 in the last week or so.