Forums Kongregate

New badge discussion page 6

1483 posts

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post
Originally posted by Bluji:

I liked yesterday’s badges more. Cargo Bridge 2’s physics seem to be just as good as its prequel’s

I haven’t mustered the willpower to try Cargo Bridge 2 yet, because I hated the original so much, so I’m wondering if this is sarcasm?

Flag Post
Originally posted by saneiac:
Originally posted by Bluji:

I liked yesterday’s badges more. Cargo Bridge 2’s physics seem to be just as good as its prequel’s

I haven’t mustered the willpower to try Cargo Bridge 2 yet, because I hated the original so much, so I’m wondering if this is sarcasm?

Well, if you look at the rest of the post, he’s complaining about the badges, so yes. I assume that this means that the physics of Cargo Bridge 2 are going to be just as terrible as the first, which is kind of weird, considering I’ve heard positive things about Cargo Bridge 2 so far.

Flag Post

Cargo Bridge 2 is even worse than the first one :\

Not only does it have the same inconsistent physics, now the testing phase is slowed down by having to tell the people how to walk each time.

Flag Post

I like the fact you can tell them to stop and start. It means you can save a lot of time on the design phase of a lot of the later levels. Then again I liked the first Cargo Bridge too, so what do I know?

Flag Post

I say there should be another badge in backyard monsters. When you get 100 outposts you should get a badge.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Snap902:

I say there should be another badge in backyard monsters. When you get 100 outposts you should get a badge.

This isn’t the badge suggestions thread, this is. The point of this thread is to talk about badges which have recently been added, not ones you want added.

And the odds are extremely stacked against Backyard Monsters getting anymore badges.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Fricknmaniac:
Originally posted by Snap902:

This isn’t the badge suggestions thread, this is. The point of this thread is to talk about badges which have recently been added, not ones you want added.

And the odds are extremely stacked against Backyard Monsters getting anymore badges.

Maybe it was a joke ? I mean, it must be a joke.

Flag Post

I don’t think it was.

Flag Post

Hexagon.
20 seconds and 60 seconds.
Discuss.

Flag Post

I like. A bit on the easy side though.

Flag Post

Having not played it at all before it got badges, I thought it was right about the correct difficulty for a hard.

Flag Post

I think the hard borders the upper-medium line. It wasn’t particulary hard and it took just a few minutes, which I appreciate, since I’ve always loved hard badges which are skill based as opposed to hard badges which only require you to play the same thing for hours (or days).

It was a nice choice after so many consecutive boring badged games.

Flag Post

It’s the sort of game that would make me throw things at my screen if I tried to get the hard (I’m not especially good at games like that)…

But it doesn’t beg me to buy a gold-plated 120° angle joint (only 50 Kreds!), so I can only applaud it being badged.

Flag Post

Very nice new badges, but quite a bit on the easy side.

(And woo, 3000th post is about Hexagon)

Flag Post

The game seems very blurred to me (or fuzzy, I don’t know which word is the most appropriate in english).

Flag Post
Originally posted by Senekis93:

I think the hard borders the upper-medium line. It wasn’t particulary hard and it took just a few minutes, which I appreciate, since I’ve always loved hard badges which are skill based as opposed to hard badges which only require you to play the same thing for hours (or days).

I played that game a LOT during a previous tournament, I could not beat 60 after even hours of play. I still haven’t reached it.

I think it is an appropriate hard badge

Flag Post

Yep, although I’m struggling for 40 >.>

Flag Post

I think the hard borders the upper-medium line. It wasn’t particulary hard and it took just a few minutes

Originally posted by uzzbuzz:

Haha, you’re both funny.

Although I wonder if what we’re seeing here (as is so often the case, I suspect) is a computer speed issue. On my relatively new laptop, the controls are extremely loose, and even reaching 30 would be an impressive achievement. On my older desktop, though, the controls are noticeably more precise, although reaching 60 is still quite difficult. I suspect if I dig up my older laptop, it’ll become easier still. (It might even be some more obscure issue, like a Chrome/Firefox difference, but there’s definitely a strong effect.)

Flag Post

I guess I must have played it too much in the past, but I still say it’s too easy. :S I haven’t touched it since just after it was used in a tourney and still managed a 180 or so on my second try. (30 on my first, but that doesn’t count :3 )

Flag Post

The game is addicting enough to keep you going until you get the hard badge.

Flag Post
Originally posted by eProdigy:

The game is addicting enough to keep you going until you get the hard badge.

no :P

Flag Post
Originally posted by plujan:
Originally posted by Senekis:

I think the hard borders the upper-medium line. It wasn’t particulary hard and it took just a few minutes

Originally posted by uzzbuzz:

Haha, you’re both funny.

Although I wonder if what we’re seeing here (as is so often the case, I suspect) is a computer speed issue. On my relatively new laptop, the controls are extremely loose, and even reaching 30 would be an impressive achievement. On my older desktop, though, the controls are noticeably more precise, although reaching 60 is still quite difficult. I suspect if I dig up my older laptop, it’ll become easier still. (It might even be some more obscure issue, like a Chrome/Firefox difference, but there’s definitely a strong effect.)

Makes sense; games made by programmers not particularly good with performance tend to run slow in my computer. You should see some of the bullet-hell type games; it’s like having free bullet time.

That said, I also enjoy games where you need to react fast and I’m good at them.

Flag Post

A rating of 3.12 ? I’m a bit surprise because I think it is not that bad.
Where does this game rank among the lowest rated badged games on Kong?

Flag Post

Probably in the 10 lowest. I expected the rating to go down with badges, but 3.92 to 3.12 and still going?

Originally posted by Precarious:
Originally posted by ivod:

This is just plain retarded. The game is good, the badges are great, difficult, skill-based and yet very doable. 3.92 to 3.12… I feel bad for Terry:/

I agree with everything in this post.

I agree with your agreement.

Also, 1,000th post.