Forums Kongregate

New badge discussion page 8

1506 posts

Flag Post

Oh look, it’s that game that which I have played 3 or 4 times before.

samey and boring, yet annoyingly addictive.

Flag Post

Be careful, the API is broken:

I had one town left; I destroyed it and got the 52 towns destroyed badge, but I didn’t got the other two. Then the game only showed me the option to start a new game.

Luckily, I spotted the bad API in time and killed the game before it was able to save the new data.

Now I’m taking screenshots to get the other badges.

Flag Post

Good job finally forcing me to upgrade my computer, Kongregate. (OK you and Chrome, which no longer supports OSX 10.5)

Flag Post

bump – there be new badges

Flag Post

bit Dungeon.

I was glad to see that there wasn’t one for completing the game. I’ve liked the game, from what I’ve played, but the lack of saving irks me. Seems too kontra for me.

[Edit: lol, apparently I’m wrong.]

Flag Post

This type of game should never be controlled entirely with the mouse.

Flag Post

The Jacksmith badges were too easy. Probably should have been just the one hard badge for completion, it didn’t need the other hard badge. Then again I prebadged myself there over the course of a week, so maybe it takes longer than I remember. Seemed much easier than most of the Papa’s games though.

Haven’t played bit dungeon much yet. I don’t mind the mouse control, but it seems odd to have mouse control for a game that styles itself as a retro game.

I do like the rate of badges we’ve had recently.

Flag Post

Sort of reminds me of Diablo. I like it, it’s nice and simple. (It seems pretty easy so far though)

Flag Post

I really like this game. The lack of consistent saving is really annoying though.

Flag Post

first papa game that i enjoyed.

Flag Post

bitdungeon hard badge could have been a medium I think. It seems like you take almost no damage if you just charge attack everything. I had no problems at all.

Glad though that the last badge is relatively short.

Flag Post

Rogue Soul!

No Impossible.

Flag Post
Originally posted by bobby71983:

bitdungeon hard badge could have been a medium I think. It seems like you take almost no damage if you just charge attack everything. I had no problems at all.

Glad though that the last badge is relatively short.

Permadeath is likely the reason for it being a hard badge. Which makes perfect sense to me.

Flag Post

I like the badge choices on Rogue Soul.

Flag Post

I’m rather sad, it was such a good opportunity for an impossible badge.

Flag Post

85?
What?
Did Neil Armstrong travel 85% of the way to the moon?
Did Roald Amundsen get 85% of the way to the South Pole?
Did Edmund Hilary climb 85% of Mount Everest?
I’m sorry, but if collecting loot is good enough for a badge, then it should damn well be a badge for collecting all of the damn loot. Lame.

Flag Post

With how douchey some of the loot is, I’m okay with this.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Fricknmaniac:

With how douchey some of the loot is, I’m okay with this.

Then they shouldn’t have bothered. Either make a badge, or don’t. What they did is make 85% of a badge. It’s retarded.

Flag Post

Then they shouldn’t have bothered. Either make a badge, or don’t. What they did is make 85% of a badge. It’s retarded.

They still wanted people to get most of the content, but without forcing them to go through annoying stuff.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Osuwaribooi:

I’m rather sad, it was such a good opportunity for an impossible badge.

Sad, sad JC. Should have been an impossible.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Darkruler2005:

They still wanted people to get most of the content, but without forcing them to go through annoying stuff.

Using this logic, we would have no impossible badges. Using this crazy idea, we have this:

Coming Soon to a Kongregate Near You!

We’ve decided that all the existing impossible badges are broken, because most people, let’s face it, can’t seem to earn them. So we’ve removed them all and replaced them all with hard badges! :D
Here’s a sample:
Was
Band-Aid Fetish Badge (impossible – 60 points)
Meat Boy » Collect every single band-aid
Now
Band-Aid Fetish Badge (hard – 30 points)
Meat Boy » Collect 30 band-aids

Was
Fish Thankfulness Badge (impossible – 60 points)
Dolphin Olympics 2 » Visit the Restaurant at the End of the Universe on timed mode
Now
Fish Thankfulness Badge (hard – 30 points)
Dolphin Olympics 2 » Get 85% of the way to the Restaurant at the End of the Universe on timed mode

Was
99 Problems Badge (impossible – 60 points)
99 Bricks » Use 99 blocks to create a single massive tower
Now
99 Problems Badge (hard – 30 points)
99 Bricks » Use 85 out of 99 blocks to create a single massive tower

Was
The Man with the Golden Coins (impossible – 60 points)
MoneySeize » Collect all 1010 coins
Now
The Man with the Golden Coins (hard – 30 points)
MoneySeize » Collect 859 coins

Was
Frantastic Badge (impossible – 60 points)
Frantic » Complete all 10 levels without taking any damage
Now
Frantastic Badge (hard – 30 points)
Frantic » Complete all 8 and a half levels without taking any damage

Was
Fear Not the Darkness Badge (impossible – 60 points)
colourPod 2: dimensionPod » Complete all 24 missions
Now
Fear Not the Darkness Badge (hard – 30 points)
colourPod 2: dimensionPod » Complete 22/24 missions

We think this is a lot better because people won’t have to do things they don’t think are fun to earn impossible badges!

Flag Post
Originally posted by LouWeed:
Originally posted by Darkruler2005:

Using this logic, we would have no impossible badges. Using this crazy idea, we have this:

Coming Soon to a Kongregate Near You!

We’ve decided that all the existing impossible badges are broken, because most people, let’s face it, can’t seem to earn them. So we’ve removed them all and replaced them all with hard badges! :D
Here’s a sample:
Was
Band-Aid Fetish Badge (impossible – 60 points)
Meat Boy » Collect every single band-aid
Now
Band-Aid Fetish Badge (hard – 30 points)
Meat Boy » Collect 30 band-aids

Was
Fish Thankfulness Badge (impossible – 60 points)
Dolphin Olympics 2 » Visit the Restaurant at the End of the Universe on timed mode
Now
Fish Thankfulness Badge (hard – 30 points)
Dolphin Olympics 2 » Get 85% of the way to the Restaurant at the End of the Universe on timed mode

Was
99 Problems Badge (impossible – 60 points)
99 Bricks » Use 99 blocks to create a single massive tower
Now
99 Problems Badge (hard – 30 points)
99 Bricks » Use 85 out of 99 blocks to create a single massive tower

Was
The Man with the Golden Coins (impossible – 60 points)
MoneySeize » Collect all 1010 coins
Now
The Man with the Golden Coins (hard – 30 points)
MoneySeize » Collect 859 coins

Was
Frantastic Badge (impossible – 60 points)
Frantic » Complete all 10 levels without taking any damage
Now
Frantastic Badge (hard – 30 points)
Frantic » Complete all 8 and a half levels without taking any damage

Was
Fear Not the Darkness Badge (impossible – 60 points)
colourPod 2: dimensionPod » Complete all 24 missions
Now
Fear Not the Darkness Badge (hard – 30 points)
colourPod 2: dimensionPod » Complete 22/24 missions

We think this is a lot better because people won’t have to do things they don’t think are fun to earn impossible badges!

You’ve hit the nail right on the head.

Flag Post

I seriously find the medium in Rogue Soul ridiculously hard. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong, but my best tries have ended up in zone 4 with about 1900 soulons. I’m probably missing some obvious trick to the game.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Bluji:

I seriously find the medium in Rogue Soul ridiculously hard. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong, but my best tries have ended up in zone 4 with about 1900 soulons. I’m probably missing some obvious trick to the game.

When you figure out the trick please let me know.

Flag Post

LouWeed, I understand you are completely pissed off your most favourite game on the site didn’t get an impossible. I was pretty fed up when Zilch didn’t get one, but I got over it fairly quick and figured out those achievements are mostly endurance/annoyance over skill/fun. What I’m saying is that I think many of the loot is simply out there to annoy without being skillful and to have people play the game more instead of really having fun doing the same thing over and over.

You’re grossly exaggerating by taking so many examples.