Forums Kongregate

AlexFromRomania Ego Inflation

7 posts

Flag Post

AlexFromRomania. Alex. From Romania. 5 miles from Dracula’s Castle. At his computer. Sitting in a chair. With Skittles nearby. His notebook of suggestions even closer.

EXTREMELY OBVIOUS AND PAINFULLY DUH! QUESTION: What is your name?

My name is Alex ( Full name is actually Alexandru Liviu Valentin Matei Serban Avram Grigorescu, but I never use it,) ( no, that is not a joke) , but i also use an “American” variation of my name: Alexander Steven Greg.

EXTREMELY OBVIOUS AND PAINFULLY DUH! QUESTION: Where are you from?

Where am I from? Must I really answer this? okay, Predeal, Romania. The town at the highest altitude in my country ( 1033 m) . Famous ski resort and also the only town in the world with no library , bookshop, cinema, icecream stands, school, money exchange and many many others. All our touristic attractions ( except maybe one of them ) are barely 50 meters from the town center.

You had mentioned to me that you had a September 8th deadline, which was extended to a September 17th deadline. Can you tell me more, or would you have to kill me afterwards?

It’s actually the day when the school starts again. It was supposed to be September 8th but just minutes ago the Government decided they need some more funds for some school program and raising them cannot be done if school starts so early, so they moved the most horrible day of 2012 one week later.

Can you tell me something about the history or your history on Kongregate. How do you see your role here(what do you like to do for fun, what brings you here)?

My history on Kongregate? Well, I actually joined in 2007, when I was at my aunt. I made an account on her e-mail ( I didn’t had one) . I really don’t remember it, but I remember I only played Warlords: Call to Arms. When ileft my aunt and came back home, my computer did not had Internet ( we’re not americans) so until 2010 in couldn’t do anything. Suddenly, i received through bizarre but legal techniques about 9 years of free internet connection. Crappy connection, yes, but still a connection. So the first thin I did was join Kongregate once again and get as many badges as I could. Currently stuck around 700.

How did you get into gaming? What’s the first game or most memorable game you’ve played on Kongregate?

As for my role in here, from the first days of my joining Kongregate I made freinds and I hoped to make friends with everyone here. Then I read somewhere that there were 6 million people o kongregate and my jaw dropped. So I decided to just be a casual gamer. That until I got bored and wanted my own game. I started working with everyone I could find, for free and until now I got my name in an unknown idle-RPG, my signature in the corner of an image in an unreleased flash match-3 and 4 projects rolling. I also started y own game, but i’m stuck.

Good luck with Heroes of Kronnland. Care to share any stories on the development/ideas of the game?

About Heroes of Kronnland, it’s actually a growing piece of… something brown and smelly. At first it was intended to be a three-campaign rpg with a total of 3 factions. Two months alter it was still 3 campaigns , but 14 factions. Wekks later, i reached 36. And now i’m at 51 campaigns and factions. The short story of the entire action: Danny Blaze defeats the Grim Reaper, destroying the world of Kronnland in the process, and he started a civil war. He must stop it before a might army of the one who commanded the Reaper invades and destroys the land. Spoiler: Danny dies. Multiple times.

Gaming or otherwise, what inspires you?

Mostly anyone who made me laugh.

You get a wish upon a star, what would it be?

I get a wish upon a star…. and I wish the whole world would be just like I want it to be. Don’t ask more, believe me, you don’t want to know how I want the world to be. And for haters, IT DOES NOT CONTAIN BRONIES. Muahahahahahaha!

What is one game you currently love or are looking forward to on Kongregate?

One game I love on Kongregate? Awwww, please don’t make me chose! I can’t chose betwen Sonny, Transformice, Warlords, Crunchball, Raze 2, Strike Force Heroes, Bowmaster Prelude, Hands of War series, Burrito Bison, SCGMD4, jmtb0-2’s Elephant games ( yes, all of them),Monster’s Den and many others!!! I just can’t chose one.

How do you like the new games released this past month on Kongregate?

I tried Knightmare tower out of sheer curiosity, I finished Color link-a-pix because I’m just good at it, and relic of war because I’m a big TogeProductions fan.

In Rbots by A10_com, you navigate the robot heads back to their bodies, so the robots can dance again. What game on Kongregate comes to mind for a story you enjoyed, or a story you would like to see on a Kongregate game?

Never played Rbots, but a storyline i liked was " No Time To Explain". I just couldn’t help but laugh at " MY RIBS ARE IN MY EYES!!!!!" or " I am you from the future! There is no time to explain. Follow m— AWW CHRIST!".

What’s your favorite music in a Kongregate game?

Fav music in a game on Kong? Definitely Sonny. Sonny’s battle music and boss music is AWESOMEPICEXTATIAWESOMEOUSLELYNCREDIBLE!!!!! ( don’t try to read that )

Do you have any habits or superstitions for gaming?

Habits for gaming? I turn on the TV, go on MTV and i do finger exercise before each game.

Do you have an idea for a badge on Kongregate?

A badge? One badge? Your challenges are pathetic. I have a list. And it’s not short. I have a notebook with 100 pages filled with badge suggestions(my handwriting is pretty small). I also want a new badge system: Easy – 5 p, moderate – 10 p, medium 15 p, average 20 p, hard 25 p, insane 30 p, impossible 50, unbelievable 75; and up to 20 badges per game.

What makes marmots so EPIC?

Marmots are EPIC. They are brown, like chocolate, they are rodents but never pests, they are silky smooth ( excuse the Zohan refference) , and I just LOVE THEM.

You live within a few miles of Dracula’s castle. Do you ever see any of the glittery Twilight vampires there? Does he order take-out food a lot? Most importantly, what does someone living within walking distance of the Count? Does it involve marmots?

Glittery vampires? There’s no such things. Vampires are not fairies!( im saying this only because a vampire tells me to . Their sharp teeth are extremely convincing.)
They’re pretty peaceful. Never actually seen them. But if you see im not online for more than two weeks, you’d better stockpile some garlic and silver crosses.
Living in walking distance from Dracula’s Castle is actually annoying. Just yesterday a group of irish tourists started asking me what’s the Castle’s history. Complete history. And wether is it open on fridays or not.

I assume you are going to the Linkin Park concert this year. Mike Shinoda calls you up and wants you to make the play list. What would it be?

About the Linkin Park concert, I don’t have money, but you don’t need money to watch from the roof of the nearby building, right? And if Mike accidentally lands near me and tells me to re-order his playlist, i’d tell him to start with " The Catalyst", then " Lies Greed Misery", “Faint”, " Numb" , “Breaking the Habit”, “New Divide” and all the other songs in a random order, ending with the epitome of epicness, " Burn it Down".

Do you like to listen to Linkin Park while gaming, or do the songs remind you or inspire you in different parts of your life?

Listening to Linkin Park is the only thing I do each and every day. I don’t go to bathroom every day. I don’t come to Kongregate everyday. But Linkin Park is a must.

What have been some of your favorite and least favorite games to review? Any games coming out soon you are excited about?

Games to review? Well, I only reviewed 6 games so far, 4 on other websites and two reviews for a game made by a friend ( The Hero of Idilia, made by Gheata). Projects that will come soon include another game made by Gheata and part 3 of the " Awaken" series made by Rowkilla and Ramos_Emanuel

I see you have done a lot of translation. Do you translate Romanian to English, and English to Romanian, or other languages as well?

I mainly do Ro-Eng and Eng-Ro translations, but I do know a bit of french, italian, spanish and estonian. Can’t say I did any translations in these languages, but if the need arrives, i’m here.. Waiting.

Do you have any favorite English or Romanian words? I am not sure if it is Protopopicitorescovici, but well done on explaining the word and some of the history behind it.

Favourite english or Romanian words.. Well, there are quite a few. The English word " Salt". You know what salt is. But in Romanian, " Salt" means “Jump”. And Jump in Romanian is " Sare". And the Romanian word “sare” has two meaning: " salt" and " jump".For some, it’s confusing enough to remove me off their Facebook friendlist.

What similarities/differences do you notice between Romanian and American gamers?

The difference between American and Romanian gamers is not very big, but Americans have a bigger experience of other platforms while Romanians don’t even know what a PSX is. Also, Romanian gamers quit pretty easily from games they consider boring.

You list your names in your favourite games on your profile. Do you ever find yourself thinking about the games in your dreams or in real life?

I think almost daily what would my life be if I was a warrior in Warcraft, a gangster in a GTA game, a worker in one of the mighty factions in Age of Empires or a Sith lord massacrating jedis on a regular basis. But these thoughts never last long, as they end either with the complete destruction of that imaginary world or my gruesome imaginary death. Blame South Park for it.

Imagine a celebrity or someone from your life is on Kongregate. What would be the funniest or scariest possibility?

The scariest thing would be if Robert DeNiro or Ray Liotta make a Kongregate account and add me as a friend. That would scare the complete utter-ubercrap out of me. Don’t ask why. Really, don’t, please.

My sources tell me that Lady Gaga likes to play on Kongregate(source: I made it up).

I would not be surprised if Obama would play on Kongregate. I also would not be surprised if Chuck Norris would have an account. But he could be found easily, his join date would be before his birth.

Flag Post

Thanks for a great interview, AlexFromRomania!

Do you have any Romanian jokes?

Best wishes to you on the dark day of September 17th.

Flag Post
Glittery vampires? There’s no such things. Vampires are not fairies!( im saying this only because a vampire tells me to . Their sharp teeth are extremely convincing.)
They’re pretty peaceful. Never actually seen them. But if you see im not online for more than two weeks, you’d better stockpile some garlic and silver crosses.
Living in walking distance from Dracula’s Castle is actually annoying. Just yesterday a group of irish tourists started asking me what’s the Castle’s history. Complete history. And wether is it open on fridays or not.

Is it open on Fridays?

About the Linkin Park concert, I don’t have money, but you don’t need money to watch from the roof of the nearby building, right? And if Mike accidentally lands near me and tells me to re-order his playlist, i’d tell him to start with " The Catalyst", then " Lies Greed Misery", “Faint”, " Numb" , “Breaking the Habit”, “New Divide” and all the other songs in a random order, ending with the epitome of epicness, " Burn it Down".

You’re a vampire! :o

Listening to Linkin Park is the only thing I do each and every day. I don’t go to bathroom every day. I don’t come to Kongregate everyday. But Linkin Park is a must.

Ummm…

Flag Post

Romanian jokes? You should have asked…..

Two guys die and go to heaven. St. Peter greets them at the Gates of haven.
" Welcome! here, we have no schools, no workplaces, no money …."
One of the guys intrerupts him.
" Duuuude, we’re in Romania again….

At a forest patrol contest, the finalists are an american, a russian and a romanian guy.
The 3 challenges are: cut a tree in 30 seconds, break the paw of a female LIVING bear, and sexual intercourse with a 90 yo lady.
First is the American, but he doesn’t cut the tree in time. Second in the russian. He cuts the tree, goes into the bear’s cave and does not come out. When it’s the Romanian guy’s turn, he cuts the tree, and goes into the bear cave. After twenty minutes of animalic yelling, the romanian comes out, barely moving, asking " Where’s the old lady? I’ll break her paw and i’m done with contests!"

A pedo , trying to find victims in Romania. He sees three girls playing, of ages 7,9, and 11.
" Hello girls,do you mind if i watch you playing?"
" Not at all!"
" Good girls, here’s some candy!"
The next day.
“hello girls, do you mind if I come and play with you?”
“Not at all!”
The next day
" Hello girls, do you mind if I hug you?"
" Not at all!"
The next day, the girls play in the same palce, but when they see the guy coming, the smallest one sais:
" This is boring! We’ll have diabetes before he screws us!"

An american tourist comes to Romania. he doesn’t have a map , so he jsut takes a taxi, gives the driver some cash and tells him to make the tour of the capital.
" hey, what’s that building?" asks the tourist
" Thats ze Hospital!" sais the driver in a bad English.
" How long did it take for it to be built?"
" About… five years!" answers the driver.
" Duuuuuude, that’s ridiculous! In American, that building would have been done in 6 months!
Later that day
" Hey, what’s that?"
" That’s the house of Government!"
" How long did it take for it to be built?"
" Twelve years!"
" Too long, in American that would be done in just one year!"
Later…
" What’s that?’
" It’s the great opera!"
" And how long did it take for it to be built?"
" Dunno, it wasn’t here this morning!" said the driver, angry.

Flag Post
Originally posted by DarkRainyKnight:

Is it open on Fridays?

You’re a vampire! :o

Ummm…

Yes, it is open of fridays. Except if there’s a national holiday.
No, i’m not a vampire….

Flag Post

Also, Romanian gamers quit pretty easily from games they consider boring.

This is also true of the vast majority of American gamers.

Flag Post
Originally posted by racefan12:

Also, Romanian gamers quit pretty easily from games they consider boring.

This is also true of the vast majority of American gamers.

Romanians quit even faster than americans, believe me.

AlexFromRomania : Joaca Sonny, ca ma enervezi, plm
vasisef : A tare?
AlexFromRomania : Joaca si o sa vezi.
vasisef : dte drq, nu ma joc jocuri de fetite.

translation:
AlexFromRomania : You’re annoying, goddamnit, go play Sonny!
vasisef : is it cool?
AlexFromRomania : Play and see.
vasisef : fk u I don’t play girl games.