Forums Kongregate

1337al Ego Inflation

8 posts

Flag Post

1337al. He was 1337 before 1337 was 1337. Level 65, moderator, developer, thoughtful comments on games and in the forums. Geez, give the rest of us a chance(by “rest of us,” I mean me, I need the help. =P). You’re probably even cooler irl and have your own band.

1337al, what is your real name?

Top secret but you can call me al ;P

Where are you from?

From england , but live in china

What is the origin of your username?

I was playing newgrounds rumble (i believe) and then a popup appears saying that there was a prize (kongai card ) for doing x achievement in the game, so i decided to sign up so i could get it. with Al being too short i decided i would do what any other person with a flair for unoriginal usernames would do and have a year in my U/N…. but instead of my year of birth, or current year i decided to use a historical year, it was down to 1337 or 1349, and i decided on 1337 as it ‘flowed’ better. at the time i had no idea what ‘1337’ meant online…..

What brought you to Kong?

Castlewars was the first game i played on here, but then when i played newgrounds rumble i saw it was the same website and i decided to sign up.. i honestly never thought i would stay on the website for more than a week or so…

Favorite game on Kong?

My favorite game is endeavour

Do you have a favorite chat room? You have any favorite part of the forums? Any friends on here you would like to mention or give a shout out?

I’m going to say all the ones i have been a reg in at some point, sanctuary, anthill, myrmecophobia and labyrinth. a special mention to 龍的巢穴 (chinese room)

Are you a Brony?

I’m not one no, I don’t understand them but I think its dangerous

Vampire hunting, Zombie apocalypse, any protips would be appreciated to survive either one.

Zombie apocalypse tip; avoid main roads

What’s your favorite quote?

Off the top of my head i can think of “turns out its man” (from a futurama ‘scary door’ segment asking what would be the most evil monster scientists could make is)

How do you like Kongregate+?

None of the features really affect me, i occasionally play the beta games though!

You are living in China, but originally from England. I can only imagine some of the cultural differences that you’ve noticed over time.

there are many many differences, but an interesting one is that unlike living in the uk people don’t tend to do ‘big grocery trips’ they just buy what they will need day by day, another interesting point is how few people actually know what the england flag looks like (they only know the uk flag)

You are level 65, very active in the forums and commenting on games. Please share some of your favorite memories from your time spent on Kongregate.

Some of the great people i have met, winning $2000 in the toyota prius level design contest, being made a moderator!

What’s life like for you when you’re not on Kongregate?

I have a job as a teacher, I also play in a band.

You are in a band! I saw the preview, but how are the tracks coming along now?

I am in a band yes, but its more of a ‘electronic band’ so there are few members and no guitars, drums etc. we are currently working on setting up to play live shows… but still not sure how to make it interesting ha. all the tracks from the preview have been finished, some have lyrics , but i dont think the lyrics are good enough to be recorded onto the tracks, just sang while playing live! (similarly to how parov stelar play)

Flag Post

Of course you are in a band, Al. You are 1337. =]

Thank you for a great interview 1337al!

What happened in the years 1337 and 1349?

I do like you, and rated this game 5 stars.

Flag Post

Why do you think being a brony is dangerous? :o

Flag Post

Just listened to the tracks, I like them. (:
And you have some (all?) as CC BY-ND; I may use one for the next GiTD if you don’t mind.

Flag Post
You are level 65, very active in the forums and commenting on games. Please share some of your favorite memories from your time spent on Kongregate.

Some of the great people i have met, winning $2000 in the toyota prius level design contest, being made a moderator!

I won a Kred or two in that Batman themed contest! So HA! Take that!… *is jelly*

Flag Post

oops i forgot to mention that 1337 is the start of the 100 year war, and 1349 is when the black plague hit norway (and also the name of a band)

@senekis sure!

Flag Post
Originally posted by 1337al:

oops i forgot to mention that 1337 is the start of the 100 year war, and 1349 is when the black plague hit norway (and also the name of a band)

@senekis sure!

When I looked up 1337, I figured it was because of the 100 Years War.

Flag Post
Originally posted by JesseMH8:

What is the origin of your username?

I was playing newgrounds rumble (i believe) and then a popup appears saying that there was a prize (kongai card ) for doing x achievement in the game, so i decided to sign up so i could get it. with Al being too short i decided i would do what any other person with a flair for unoriginal usernames would do and have a year in my U/N…. but instead of my year of birth, or current year i decided to use a historical year, it was down to 1337 or 1349, and i decided on 1337 as it ‘flowed’ better. at the time i had no idea what ‘1337’ meant online…..

Wow, I’ve been way off! With 1337 being ‘leet’, I always pronounced your name like a play on ‘lethal’.