Forums Kongregate

EndlessSporadic Ego Inflation

8 posts

Flag Post

EndlessSporadic. Endless and sporadic like a virus in Pandemic 2..too morbid. Endless and sporadic like the zombies in Rebuild 2…still morbid…Endless and sporadic like the doeos in Doeo…hmmm…too pink…, I got it! Endless and sporadic like the EndlessSporadic similes. =P

Hi ES, mind if I ask your real name?

They call me Shohei. Ok, only I call myself that.

Where are you at?

I’m in Atlanta right now.

What is the origin of your username?

The name comes from the band Endless Sporadic. I was into them at the time and this is the only creative name I could think of. Come to think of it, it wasn’t creative at all since I stole it.

What brought you to Kong?

The game Protector on Armor Games.

Favorite game on Kong?

The Flash Trek: Broken Mirror series. I wish the developer finished them.

Do you have a favorite chat room? You have any favorite part of the forums? Any friends on here you would like to mention or give a shout out?

My home room is the Hall of Odin, but I rarely chat anymore. I spend most of my time in the Off-Topic forums. Giving a shout out to Payton and SuperChick. I miss you guys =(

Are you a Brony? Your opinion on Bronies?

I’m not a Brony and I never will be. I respect Bronies’ rights to be Bronies.

The witch in Snow White used an apple to cast her spell. The witch in Brave used a cake to cast her spell. Have witches gone too far, and should cake be considered “Switzerland” by witches?

Witches be tripp’n.

Vampire hunting, Zombie apocalypse, any protips would be appreciated to survive either one.

Find a friend. They will be a useful meatshield later.

What’s your favorite quote?

Experience is the best teacher.

Your comments on this photo from the Mars Curiosity rover?

I have no opinion. I suppose they were trying to be funny, but I don’t really see the humor in it.

Poetry. Are you a fan?

No opinion on poetry either. I am not a huge fan of reading or literature.

Why do you favor the C-family of programming languages?(I know you don’t favor them here, but I guess a general question in programming)

C# was the first language I officially learned. C/C++ is the industry standard for game development so that is what I am learning.

What do you do when you come upon a difficult problem in programming? Have you found any method that helps you more than others?(standing on your head, eating pizza, eating pizza while standing on your head?)

I break it up into parts and tackle each part separately. I’ve spent countless days staying up all night trying to fix problems. Failure is valuable and it helps you improve and avoid pitfalls.

For the people that want to be a developer like you, what are some good or bad examples of programming for someone just starting out?

Be prepared for failure and be ready to waste TONS of time. If you really want to learn a language you need to do it over and over again. Don’t stop once you finish. Repeat what you did and keep expanding and adding features.

I tried to check out the Obsidian Golem Forums, but not much luck. Previous gaming idea?

That is actually new. I have yet to populate it with information.

Use the words endless and sporadic, or the word EndlessSporadic in a sentence.

Like the surface of the ocean existence is both calm and endless and rough and sporadic.

Oh man, you are good. I could have definitely used that in the introduction. How do you plan to get rid of your clingy roommate? I suggest hide shrimp heads in random places in his room.

Being the type of person he is I would prefer that he change rather than me just get rid of him. Perhaps I could throw some hints in our conversations? I could also put arsenic in his gatorade.

What does the question in Chinese on your profile say?

It is in Japanese. The quote roughly translates to the following:

Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness,
Bringing torment and pain to others,
Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin,
Would you give death a try?

What’s your favorite Chinese meal?

Lo mein is my favorite followed by fried rice.

What are the differences you have noticed between Asian and American gamers?

Honestly I have never played with Asian gamers. I wonder if the atmosphere is any more pleasant than it is with American gamers.

What are your favorite words in English and Chinese?

Don’t know Chinese (though I am learning Japanese). I can’t say I have a favorite word yet, but so far I like the word for “seven” (nana).

What is your favorite Chinese saying?

I honestly don’t know any Chinese proverbs.

(I sent the above questions assuming ES’s quote was in Chinese. I already thought of him to be a nice person, even more after that. Thanks ES, I am an airhead. =])

I will always think of you as a really nice person, even though we haven’t chatted in quite some time. You are a gamer, a developer, and very active in the forums, so I have missed out on a lot!. Tell us something about the history of Kongregate, and how do you see your role here?

The history of Kongregate? Hmm. When I found it, it was a rather small website with a rather tightly knit community of dedicated players. Slowly it grew and eventually got bought out by GameStop. Both positive and negative changes occurred, but the core essence of Kongregate still exists. As for my role, I am no different than any other user here. I’m not active in the chatrooms anymore. I spend most of my time in the forums, primarily the Kongregate, Programming, and Off-Topic forums with occasional visits to the Game Design forum.

How did you get into gaming? Why do you game and develop games?

The reason I got into game development has to do with my childhood. Every grade has that one kid that the other kids pick on for no real reason. I happened to be that kid in my school. Since I didn’t had friends growing up I spent a lot of time alone playing video games. I never really got to experience other things and eventually gaming became the only thing I ever connected to. I develop and play games now simply because it is the only thing I really know how to do and feel comfortable with.

Gaming, developing, or otherwise, what inspires you(or what keeps you dejected if that is how you feel today)?

You can see above about what keeps me in video games. I never learned how to communicate with others, so I stay within my safety zone of video games. The internet gives you anonymity and for some reason that helps me communicate better with others (if this interview were in person, good luck getting more than yes/no answers from me). As for what inspires me, I want to repay the favor the video games gave to me. I was given worlds to escape the one I hated (escapism isn’t a good thing btw) and I want to create worlds and environments that other people will be happy with.

You get to wish upon a star, what would your wishes be?

One wish would be to find that special someone I could connect to outside of the internet.
I am looking forward to playing BTD5 since I have been really busy this weekend(How did that go? I was so late posting this. =O).

What have you liked so far about learning Japanese?

My favorite part about Japanese is the consistency. English is such a messed up conglomeration of other languages.

Have you played games in Japanese, played against any Japanese gamers?

I have not played any games in Japanese. I plan on saving that for when I understand enough basic concepts.

Do you have any favorite Japanese meals?

My favorite Japanese meal has to be Chirashi (Chirashizushi). It is the most cost efficient meal at the restaurant I go to.

You have the lyrics for Touhou Project’s Bad Apple on your profile. Great song, and I like the lyrics. Have you played the game, or a fan of the song…or both?

I am a fan of both the song and the game. The song was what actually led me to the game. I am actually working on a game just like Touhou. I will be passing it off to Kongregate for alpha testing in a few months.

Flag Post

Great interview, and as always, entertaining.

Flag Post

Another great interview. You should space these out a little more so they get more responses :P

Flag Post
Originally posted by eProdigy:

Great interview, and as always, entertaining.

Thanks eProdigy! I really appreciate it.

Thanks for a great interview EndlessSporadic.

How did the weekend of BTD5 and other gaming turn out?

Can I call you Shohei?

Flag Post
Originally posted by uzzbuzz:

Another great interview. You should space these out a little more so they get more responses :P

Thank you uzzbuzz! I was thinking of doing that anyways,but not because of responses. If it leads to more responses, that would be great. Shoutout to SamsterSamster for asking a question when he wanted to sign up. =]

Flag Post
Vampire hunting, Zombie apocalypse, any protips would be appreciated to survive either one.

But then they won’t be your friend anymore D’:

What have you liked so far about learning Japanese?

My favorite part about Japanese is the consistency. English is such a messed up conglomeration of other languages.

No it not. English be very simple language. How hard it are to mess up, right?

Flag Post

…Lo Mein?
Yayzor! It seems we have something in common.

Flag Post
Originally posted by DarkRainyKnight:

But then they won’t be your friend anymore D’:

But that’s why you have frienemies darky, those are the ones you can sacrifice for your real friends :p