Forums Kongregate

BlackBone Ego Inflation

12 posts

Flag Post

The bane of badges in Kongregateland. He terrorizes them and burns their city to the ground, hanging their pelts on his profile page after every victory. Baby badges grow up knowing they will be achieved one day by someone, but they all know the name…BlackBone.

Your first day on Kongregate. Were you bored, and looking for games to play? Trying to impress a boy or girl with your 1337 flash gaming skills? How did you decide on your username, and what was the first game you played?

My first day on kong was filled with badges; I figured that if I had badges I’d have the credentials for dating a supermodel.
I decided on BlackBone because the first account I made for kong was called Whitefang. Get it? white/black, fang/bone. The first game I played was Bot Arena 3.

Obviously, you are not BlackBone in real life(or maybe you are? O_o). Do you mind if I ask what your alter ego is, and where you live? (i.e. Bruce Wayne, Wayne Manor. I usually hang out in the batcave with my bat-toys.)

My name is David. I’m the hero my suburb of St. Paul, Minnesota deserves but not the one it needs right now.

What are your favorite games? Yes I am that lazy to not click on your favorite games on your profile. =] Why are they your favorites? Do you like a specific genre of game, does any aspect draw you to a game more than others?

The Alice is Dead, Cactus McCoy, and CycloManiacs games are my favorite. I’ll play anything made by nerdook or Arkeus.

What kind of role do you see for yourself on Kongregate? (are you a big gamer, like to chat, hang out in the forums, all of the above…) What would you consider your biggest accomplishment(s) here, and talk about some of your history on the site.

I came for the games and stayed for the crac-, I mean, chat. The forums are cool too.
Well… my biggest accomplishment has to be getting to level 65. When I started frequenting Kong I fell in love with badges. Now four years and 1850 badges later here I am.

Do you socialize much on Kongregate? How do you like the chat rooms and forums? Any friends on here you want to give a shout-out?

Yes, I love socializing through both chat and the forums. Shoutouts? Yes please! :) Braves055, burrito, MachuPichu, iwannakissthesun, SquareOne, MadJedi, VforVendetta, CandyCastle, XXPOEXX, SamsterSamster, Tdir, Maik50, GHzSacred, JamieWolfyCook, MrSpontaneous, Flooded, Gryljams, Ace_Blue and Khixan<3

You get a wish upon a star(or two, who’s counting? =]), what would they be?

-1) To own a room named “The Brig” where we talk like pirates all day long.
-2) Get a job making badges. I’d be great. Do something I enjoy and get paid for it? Why not :)

In Rbots by A10_com, you navigate the robot heads back to their bodies, so the robots can dance again. What game on Kongregate comes to mind for a story you enjoyed, or a story you would like to see on a Kongregate game?

RPG Shooter: Starwish has one of the best stories I’ve seen in a flash game. As for a story I’d like to see in a game… star crossed lovers BB and sunny eventually fall in love and get married after months of her eyelash batting promiscuity.

Jetfart Zombie by KotobukiMedia is now on Kongregate. Does this raise the level for fart jokes, zombie games, or both?

Lulz. It severely hinders both and I pray for their recovery :P

Kingdom of Liars 1 was just uploaded to Kongregate by Hyptosis. Have you played it yet?

Yus :3 I love this guys games.

Have you played any of the games that have come out recently? Any opinions?

Bloons was awesome. The new NoNoSparks and LogicBox are both very solid.

Design a badge(or badges) for games on Kongregate, or for yourself in real life(you can do a somersault, balance a ball on your nose, eat hot chili peppers, etc.)

Canvas Connoisseur Badge (impossible – 60 points) in Take Your Canvas Bags To The Supermarket [Save the environment by taking your canvas bags to the supermarket 10,000 times]

Which game on Kongregate has your favorite music, or what music do you listen to while gaming on Kong?

Dibbles 3 has some jamin’ beats but when I’m not trying to immerse myself in a gaming experience I listen to Coldplay, A Silent Film, Muse, Macklemore, Minus The Bear and Florence + The Machine.

Do you have anything you do for good luck, or habits while gaming? (watch tv while gaming, drink mountain dew, eat one row of a corn on the cob after passing each level, light a vanilla scented candle to get your PWNZ0R on, etc.)

I spam braves055’s PMs when I’m close to earning a badge. Works every time. Honestly, I don’t have very many habits. Sometimes when I earn a difficult badge me and my brother do a super secret handshake.

My sources tell me that Robert Pattinson likes to play Doodle God on Kongregate(source: my imaginary friend). What other celebrity or person from your own life would you not be surprised plays games on Kongregate?

I know a lot of my friends play flash games but I doubt any of them have accounts on here.

THE OFFICIAL SamsterSamster QUESTION
What is the first life experience you can remember?

Some fourth of July way back in the day when my brother tripped and bit his tongue. He had to get stitches on it and now he has a very distinct Cockney accent(think Michael Caine).

What else is there to your gaming/non-gaming life you would like to talk about?

Nothing really. Thanks for taking the time to interview me! :)

Flag Post

Thanks for a fantastic interview, BlackBone!

If you want to sound like Morgan Freeman, and your brother sounds like Michael Caine, it looks like you just need…a Batman.

Did you like any part of the Alice is Dead or Cactus McCoy series more than another?

Flag Post
My first day on kong was filled with badges; I figured that if I had badges I’d have the credentials for dating a supermodel.
I decided on BlackBone because the first account I made for kong was called Whitefang. Get it? white/black, fang/bone. The first game I played was Bot Arena 3.

Was I the only one that left a nice little message on his alt? ;-) I hope not.

Design a badge(or badges) for games on Kongregate, or for yourself in real life(you can do a somersault, balance a ball on your nose, eat hot chili peppers, etc.)

Canvas Connoisseur Badge (impossible – 60 points) in Take Your Canvas Bags To The Supermarket [Save the environment by taking your canvas bags to the supermarket 10,000 times]

I’d definitely get this badge! It would be the first FUN imp. badge. Take note of this Gregismojo. You could learn some things from BlackBone :-P

Edit: BlackBone is now the Head of the Fun Badges Department on my Kong team alt.

My sources tell me that Robert Pattinson likes to play Doodle God on Kongregate(source: my imaginary friend). What other celebrity or person from your own life would you not be surprised plays games on Kongregate?

I know a lot of my friends play flash games but I doubt any of them have accounts on here.

Your friends are celebrities? :O

Flag Post
Originally posted by JesseMH8:

-1) To own a room named “The Brig” where we talk like pirates all day long.
-2) Get a job making badges. I’d be great. Do something I enjoy and get paid for it? Why not :)

Yay BB! I love the 2 wishes! I’ll comment more when it’s not 4 AM lol. Great interview :)

Flag Post

Samsterx2 gets an official question now? Is there anything Samsterx2 can’t do?

Nice to hear about you, Blackbone. I have now gotten…boned.
At least it wasn’t a fart joke.

Flag Post

The bane of badges in Kongregateland. He terrorizes them and burns their city to the ground, hanging their pelts on his profile page after every victory. Baby badges grow up knowing they will be achieved one day by someone, but they all know the name?BlackBone.

This fits perfectly to shortly describe BlackBone :D

Honestly, you really should put that into your profile ^_^

Flag Post

The Brig would sure be an interesting room name. xD
Any Pirate fanatic mods out there?

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Finally got to click all the links and whatnot in the interview. The Batman ref cracked me up :) And I agree with Maik50 – that bit needs to go on your profile!

Flag Post

Am I the only one that finds it weird that this user is called “BlackBoner”…?

Flag Post

That joke is so original.

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:

That joke is so original.