Forums Kongregate

Kreds for surveys a dishonest rip-off.

9 posts

Flag Post

I decided to try doing the surveys for Kreds

deal just now and I was pretty shocked at just how dishonest this offer is. I’m in a demographic that is pretty sought after by marketing companies, so I figured it would be no trouble to knock out a few surveys and get a few kreds for my time and trouble.

three surveys and all three gave the same type of experience. they first ask for the normal data, where generally do you live, are you white, do you work, how much do you make, what kind of job…

then they started asking a series of questions about things like what TV stations do I watch and how often. what are my political leanings. One asked 10 or so questions, fairly detailed, about my movie watching habits.

every time I answered the questions and then was told that ‘the site is sorry but I don’t qualify for any surveys at this time. please try back later.’

I was awarded no Kreds, and no other compensation.

Here is the problem:

If they stopped asking questions at my age, area of residence, job and income… fine

But they didn’t. They asked very specific questions about my exposure to various types of media, moviegoing habits, politics… In other words they already GAVE me a survey. I gave them answers that when tabulated with other survey takers gives a valuable result.

So after I did the survey they gave me and they have that valuable data, they then tell me “sorry we don’t have a survey for you to do. go to hell and have a nice day”.

Wow. I’m sure some people must have gotten Kreds for their surveys. Its difficult to imagine them being so brazen as to never give them. But as a member of a pretty highly sought after demographic I can tell you this looks like a total scam.

Shame on Kong for pushing these time-thieves on their site.

Flag Post

Kongregate only hosts the surveys, TrialPay powers them. I’m sure you can understand why Kongregate provides this service, but the quality of the service itself needs to be addressed with TrialPay which you can doso here.

I agree, though. TrialPay sucks. Half the threads in Technical Support are about them.

Flag Post

Yep…
I wouldn’t waste your time, I mean it only works half the time, they are incredibly shady,
However don’t worry about kongregate censoring you, there nice enough

Flag Post

Just out of curiosity, is there such a thing as an honest rip-off?

But yeah, the surveys are terrible, intentionally self-restrictive so they pay out as little as possible. Why pay people for their personal information, when you can sucker them into giving it to you for free.

Flag Post

That’s how the surveys work. I tried only one a couple of months ago. They asked for all types of information. Name, Adress, birthday, income, age, Gender, education. Then I had to say how often I buy a new car and what type of cars. Took 5-10 minutes. Then it says, sorry but you are not in our interestgroup. And then don’t reward you with kreds or anything. Just LoL…

This way they collect extremely valuable data for free. Just don’t do any surveys. They are total ripoff.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Fricknmaniac:

But yeah, the surveys are terrible, intentionally self-restrictive so they pay out as little as possible. Why pay people for their personal information, when you can sucker them into giving it to you for free.

When I once did 90% of a survey, spent 30 mins, only to be told that I “don’t meet the qualifications”, I never did them again.

Surveys were fine before TrialPay. I forget who it was before them, but they were better.

Flag Post

Not sure if I’ve even tried any of the surveys on Kong (have no need for Kreds, so not worth trying), but have seen them many times elsewhere and yes, they’re usually a bit of a scam.

And they’re all as bad as each other, so Kong switching from TrialPay wouldn’t solve anything.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Fricknmaniac:

Oh sure. I got brakes put into my car the other day. I knew they were going to rip me off, they knew it, everyone knew it. I consider that a pretty honest rip-off. I know how to play the game so I got them to take off a fair bit of the overpricing but they still got me for $150 or so. But hey, I got my brakes fixed.

To me that’s a lot different than ‘you do this work for us and we’ll give you this pay.’ knowing the whole time that you had no intention of keeping your end of the bargain. Especially when your end of the bargain is a measly 10 or 20 Kreds. Anyhow I’m glad to see other people think the same thing that these are a scam. I’m glad this thread is able to get the word out to some of the others who might have been thinking ‘ah what the hell I’ll do a quick survey.’

Cheers and good gaming all!

Flag Post
Surveys were fine before TrialPay. I forget who it was before them, but they were better.

TapJoy