Forums Kongregate

[Tournament] LOUSY SMARCH MADNESS -- Round 1, The Regular Season (You can still qualify!) (locked)

256 posts

Flag Post

Hey guys. Welcome to LOUSY SMARCH MADNESS! By now, you’ve been audited and auditioned, turned upside down and inside out in the NCAA’s relentless search for minor improprieties and slip-ups by small universities that can’t defend themselves. But that’s okay, the stars are out, and you’re them! (And it’s a good thing you are, because you probably wouldn’t have gotten away with the chop shop and the plutonium cache in the football dorm otherwise.)

Whatever—you’re through, you’re thrilled, and you’re threatening to take down any gamer in your whirlwind path. Let me tell you, we have one hell of a tournament on tap for you all. But first you’re going to have to make it through the REGULAR SEASON.

In the Regular Season, you’ll be ranked according to your RPIs, which will be determined by your performance in 3 games. The first game will represent your pre-conference schedule. The second game will represent your conference schedule. The last game will represent your conference tournament. Score in all three games are due by the end of the round. You’ll be seeded for the tournament directly from your RPI, 1 through 68. Bracketology is a brutal science, so get gaming!

Flag Post

In real life, only 68 teams make the tournament. Those who just miss out are banished to the NIT, a fate substantially worse than death. That may not be a risk here, given our, you know, lack of 68 contestants so far, but that won’t stop me from unleashing the dreaded THEME ROUND.

Teams whose NCAA tournament prospects falter are often said to have fallen off the bubble, or to have had their tournament bubble burst. You can avoid that by playing these three games. The more astute among you might notice a common motif throughout!

Game 1 – Touch the Bubbles 3.

In Touch the Bubbles 3, you will be competing for the highest score in Hi Score mode. Please post screenshots showing the score submitted screen, with the Today tab and the green/yellow plug, as in this example.

Game 2 – Icycle

In Icycle, you will be competing for the highest score. You must finish the game for your score to register; your screenshot should look like this.

Game 3 – Soap Bubble II

In Soap Bubble II, you will be competing for the highest score. As you’ll discover shortly, Soap Bubble II is NOT AN EASY GAME. If you don’t finish, don’t worry (because you probably won’t finish). After the game ends, you will need to submit your score (it won’t appear in the API without submitting). The screenshot should look something like this.

EDIT: In the interest of fairness, since I’m sure someone will find it, there is a walkthrough of Soap Bubble II floating around somewhere. It may give you a better idea of how to approach some of the levels.

Also, to hopefully encourage you to all do your best, I have included this tournament’s unofficial theme song: the Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden version of the Space Jam theme.

Lastly, here’s our good friend, the spreadsheet. Round ends October 2 at 3 p.m. EDT (GMT -4). Good luck, get gaming!

Flag Post

YEAHHHH LET’S DO THIS

Flag Post

Let’s go!

Flag Post

icycle links to a page not found.

Flag Post

Another score.

Flag Post
Originally posted by bjjdude:

icycle links to a page not found.

Fixed the links; sorry!

Flag Post

If there’s a game I’m good at, it’s Touch the Bubbles 3. :)

Flag Post

(Edited to remove embedding of unneeded screenshot)

http://i.imgur.com/eBxMf.png

Flag Post

Flag Post

Flag Post

Improvement. (API didn’t work, so got two screenies)

Flag Post

Hamuka, I’m giving you credit for the 255115 in the screenshots, but not the 321780 in the high scores (since there’s no screenshot showing that score.)

Flag Post

This level is ridiculous.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ceasar:

Hamuka, I’m giving you credit for the 255115 in the screenshots, but not the 321780 in the high scores (since there’s no screenshot showing that score.)

Well, yeah, I reached that score before I used a continue.

I can provide video proof, if you find my score suspicious. Not now though, it’s 9:25 PM here, and I might have a test tomorrow.

Flag Post

No, not suspicious. Just explaining. Technically it shows the Week tab, but we’ll accept it.

Anyway, here’s an even better score on that game:

Flag Post

Flag Post

My highscores don’t seem to refresh until I can either switch Highscore tabs or Refresh =/
Hope these are OK

Flag Post
Originally posted by MiCHiE:

My highscores don’t seem to refresh until I can either switch Highscore tabs or Refresh =/
Hope these are OK

Several people have been having trouble getting their scores to submit for different games. If switching tabs doesn’t work, please take an end game screenshot without the API, then refresh and use any shot with the API (similar to what hamuka did).

Flag Post

An improvement.

Flag Post

ANNOUNCEMENT: I’ve shortened the round slightly, since the original time would have gone on too long. There are currently approximately five days left in the round. You can see the amount of time remaining in the round on the spreadsheet.

Please let me know if this presents any timing problems for anyone. Thanks!

Flag Post

We have to get the best score for all 3 games right

Flag Post
Originally posted by T6salt:

Yes, in this round you will need to play all three games. You may update your scores as often as you like.

Flag Post
Originally posted by T6salt:

You need to participate in all 3 games. Winning 1 game will obviously help, but to get a good seed you need to do well in all 3.

Flag Post

Uberderp FTL.

Why did you have to choose this game? I can’t even get past level 6.